IGNORED

I don’t want January

Dastardly and Muttley

10 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Not acase of dropping, but we are risking Joe playing him if he is not fit and i suspect that Nathan isn't 100% either.

A risk to play them both at the same time though.

Why wouldn't Baker be fit?

11 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Not acase of dropping, but we are risking Joe playing him if he is not fit and i suspect that Nathan isn't 100% either.

A risk to play them both at the same time though.

I’m sure the coaching and medical staff, alongside the players, are probably the best placed to assess whether or not they’re up to it. 

17 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Why wouldn't Baker be fit?

Nathan was out with an injury for a game or two and to me hasn't looked quite the same since.  Still playing well enough, but was looking 100% assured before the injury.  Just looks a fraction off what he was to me.  Maybe I'm wrong, but if he does have a slight niggle, it might be better to give him a game off to get back to his best.

20 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I’m sure the coaching and medical staff, alongside the players, are probably the best placed to assess whether or not they’re up to it. 

Of course they are, but that doesn't mean that we can't discuss our observations on the forum.  You could say the same about team selection formations and transfer targets.

On 09/12/2017 at 09:05, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Absolutely hate the mid-season transfer window.

This team is flying and there’s no doubt there will be interest in many of our players, can we hold on to them?

I would love Lansdown to come out and slap a not for sale sign on all of our players. Can easily see bids coming in for Flint, Bryan, Brownhill, possibly even Paterson and Reid.

This could be a nerve wracking January! :pray:

I can't imagine any of our players will want to leave

City are playing well, getting positive results and in a great position in the Championship. The camp is obviously a happy place .

That said, every player has their price and if a PL outfit came in with silly money  then the club might just let them go and how could blame them?

12 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I can't imagine any of our players will want to leave

City are playing well, getting positive results and in a great position in the Championship. The camp is obviously a happy place .

That said, every player has their price and if a PL outfit came in with silly money  then the club might just let them go and how could blame them?

The potential Prem payday well outweighs cashing in if we are still there, or thereabouts, come Jan.  I’m sure the players value wouldn’t vanish between January and the summer.  It’d be a gamble but all these dealings are.

2 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

This might sound arrogant and/or ridiculous but - whilst I hope we don’t lose any players - we keep losing players to injury and getting results so - as long as we move quickly for replacements - I see no reason we cannot adjust.

In the summer we were all terrified of the consequences of not having Tammy. Reid stepped up. There is not a player in the squad I would want to lose but neither is there a single player we rely on and could not cope without. Plus the management and scouting team seem to be on the ball these days and I am confident we can get players in if we need to, especially with our league position.

Yes, January is an anxious time but I think we are far more likely to gain than lose from the transfer window...

I think that is the beauty of our squad. We aren’t reliant on one or two players. Dint get me wrong 5 or 6 of our regular starting XI out takes its toll but not as bad as other teams. 

My issue with the January window is that money talks. LJ openly admits we don't / can't / won't pay what some Championship clubs pay and I wonder if the chance of doubling their respective salaries might tempt a few of ours to look to pastures new, especially if contracts remain unsigned. If it's a Prem side, fair enough but I can see the likes of Brum offering, say Flinty, more than we are prepared to pay. It would take an astronomical bid for anyone to get anywhere near him / JB / JB etc though. 

If he hadn't been injured, I was worried about losing COD but, hopefully, his injury has put paid to that for now.

I hope I'm wrong but I can see us losing a couple as their stock would be pretty high at the mo and may not be as high again.

I can see a few L1/L2 players under 23 arriving and nothing more really.

Come the summer, if we go up then great.

If we stay down I can see many players like Flint, Bryan, Brownhill, Reid, Baker etc leaving. If they did all leave, then I could see £25 million being raised. Invest that in our academy, training facilities and a few more top younger players and youth coaches.

It'll repeat the process and put us in a position for another promotion push in a year or two, whilst enabling us to create better players to come through, constantly giving us a certain level of quality.

Archived