IGNORED

Liam Walsh - Now confirmed signed (merged)

Hazelboy

2 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Swansea are Swansea City but everyone calls them Swansea.

Cardiff are Cardiff City but everyone calls them Cardiff.

Hull are Hull City but everyone calls them Hull.

Common theme? They’re all one-club cities. If anyone should be offended when people call us “Bristol”, it isn’t us!

I'm not offended CA, far from it TBH.

I've just called my cousin on Merseyside, a devout Toffee and he is gutted about Liam, that has to be a good thing.

43 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Called us a little club in his first interview. He’s my new default scapegoat for whenever we lose a game. 

Also called us Bristol, said it’s heart wrenching to leave Everton.  Media training needed ASAP  :laugh:

Or a hearing test for you! He didn't say we were a little club, nor that it was heart wrenching to leave Everton,  just that it as the right time to leave. By calling us Bristol, he is aware that there really is only one team in Bristol.

8 minutes ago, Chappers said:

Let's go glass half empty - We have just signed a midfielder not good enough for one of the Championship's relegation strugglers......

I really hope that it all works out, but he has only played 18 League games, 15 for Yeovil Town in League Two, the other 3 above.  I'm certainly not expecting him to make an immediate impact, keeping expectations realistic, but hopefully he will get a better chance to develop his career at City than at Everton, and become a great asset.

What a bizarre post.

Think the Everton fans reactions speak louder than the fact Cotts binned him off so soon, especially in the position they are in.

We have signed a 20 year old, who is undoubtedly one for the future rather than now, but who comes with a very decent pedigree.

Looks a very good fit for the way LJ plays the game to me.

17 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Good interview @AdamB

:thumbsup:

Impressed with the lad - seems confident & assured and sounds like both himself and Lee think they’re a good match and a good match for Bristol City

Noticed he said he’d watched our TV appearances - our performances and the atmosphere appear to have impressed 

Have a feeling he’s just what we need style wise and looking forward to seeing him play - have a hunch he’s going to be a hit

Not so sure he will be starting too many games and see him as another 'one for the future'...at the stated fee was well worth the punt..

We shall see...

3 minutes ago, Red Tel said:

Or a hearing test for you! He didn't say we were a little club, nor that it was heart wrenching to leave Everton,  just that it as the right time to leave. By calling us Bristol, he is aware that there really is only one team in Bristol.

2 mins in “good little up and coming club”

50 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

He seems to be the right ‘character’ that LJ and MA were talking about. Young, bright and a talented individual!

Welcome Liam.

I also liked how he said he likes to be a leader on the pitch. Definitely the right sort of character. 

49 minutes ago, bris red said:

But we have a great crop of youth here already.. im not against youth or this new lad (im sure he is very talented) but if the opportunity arises to buy a couple of quality players who have a bit of a proven record at this level it cant be a bad thing can it.. I genuinely feel that is what is needed to get us over the promotion line tbh

Our squad is very tired. I'm delighted we have brought in a player wh being young, and having not played much this season, is going to have bags of energy. Just what we need right now.

3 minutes ago, hodge said:

Think Joe said in an instagram/twitter comment or something that he was moved teams at a junior comp to make up numbers or something.

No wonder he talked about giving up the game as a youngster !

:laughcont:

(Incredible that he did consider giving up - now on the brink of a Prem move and more money than his heart surgeon Dad could dream of !)

4 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

I also liked how he said he likes to be a leader on the pitch. Definitely the right sort of character. 

Our squad is very tired. I'm delighted we have brought in a player wh being young, and having not played much this season, is going to have bags of energy. Just what we need right now.

Not just this season....ever.

5 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

Not so sure he will be starting too many games and see him as another 'one for the future'...at the stated fee was well worth the punt..

We shall see...

Not so sure from what LJ said.... my impression is he'll be in and around the first team very quickly.

I'll be surprised if we don't see him on the pitch at some stage against Norwich.

2 minutes ago, SDBS36 said:

Only 6 months left on his contract, being linked with Wolfs and Reading

No, we have another year as our option so he's effectively got 18 months left.

I could see us entertaining a good offer in the summer but not this month.

6 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Just a poor choice of words. Your reading too much into it.

I’m only having a laugh mate. First week back at work done and all that. Gotta try and keep the fake negativity going on here somehow. Been too optimistic recently :ph34r:

3 minutes ago, Nibor said:

No, we have another year as our option so he's effectively got 18 months left.

I could see us entertaining a good offer in the summer but not this month.

Sorry you are correct forgot about the 1 year option

Archived