IGNORED

Liam Walsh - Now confirmed signed (merged)

Hazelboy

1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Perhaps you could explain why you're so adamant about that - I'm sure I remember Gerrard openly 'admitting' to it.

Everton were his original Merseyside team of choice - having said that he may well have become immersed in Liverpool F.C.fairly quickly after joining them as a youngster.

Every description you've given points towards Carragher's history, not Gerrard's. Gerrard was taken to a couple of Everton games by a family member and given a shirt, but he was firmly made a Liverpool fan by his dad from an early age.

Here is what some of the Birmingham fans think:

Hmm, I thought he was a decent little ball-playing midfielder from the times he featured under Harry. This move only adds smoke to the fire of the training ground bust up reports.

The young lad came here to gain experience and develop...stupid and immature cliques in the dressing room and training ground bust-ups are certainly not what he came for. I dare say he has relayed this to his mentor at Everton and/or to his agent. Good luck to him and well done for getting out. My word it seems like a right mess at the Blues.

So we are desperate need for a ball playing CM and he sends back the most talented ball playing CM we have. Is Cotterill that oblivious to our problems or has something gone on behind the scenes?

He was only here until January anyway and it's either: 

he is a bad egg,
he hasn't impressed in training,
he has gone because the squad is too big

and you don't even have to read between the lines to see that SC doesn't rate him. He doesn't think he is as good as Davis, Keiftenbeld, N'Doye, Lowe, Gardner, Gleeson or anyone else you can name that may be considered a midfielder in our team.

Funny how a manager sometimes sees things differently to a large number of fans ...

Could be very good for them, good little player

Annoyed and a bit gutted we didn’t give him more of a chance and think he’ll go on to be a cracking player at this level

Very talented little midfielder, quality passer, tidy on the ball, good technique. I find it incredible that he couldn’t get in our team over players like N’Doye, Davis and Gleeson, ridiculous

And here is a link to some of SC thoughts on him - link.

Entirely possible of course that any training ground discontent was down to others in the dressing room rather Walsh. 

The fact that he is willing to leave a Premier League club permanently is a big indicator of a positive attitude. Very different proposition to a loan move. 

9 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Perhaps you could explain why you're so adamant about that - I'm sure I remember Gerrard openly 'admitting' to it.

Everton were his original Merseyside team of choice - having said that he may well have become immersed in Liverpool F.C.fairly quickly after joining them as a youngster.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/442118/Liverpool-hero-Steven-Gerrard-makes-sensational-Everton-REVELATION

it looks like he was swaying but chose Liverpool as his club

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2902150/Steven-Gerrard-reveals-owned-Manchester-United-kit-kid.html

allthough he also had a manc kit and from both articles sounds like he chose Liverpool when  he was 8

5 minutes ago, jambodinho said:

We signed Bradley Orr from Newcastle. Scott Brown came from Everton though definitely. We had Ruddy on loan for 1 game from them also. 

Amazing how your memory plays tricks, it must have been his Liverpool upbringing that confused me.

Pleased at this; nice and early in the window, and a young player who has prompted a surprising amount of positive feedback from his clubs fans - those Everton supporters really seem gutted.

Hope he gets integrated quickly and can help us rotate over what is a busy month.

8 hours ago, BCFC_Mike said:

Sorry NTB, but you are wrong. 

As you say, we'll leave it there. Not why this thread is here.

Promising signing is Liam Walsh, at the expense of Evertonians, I do like their reaction to it. 

More than happy to concede Mike if you feel so strongly about it.

Was fairly sure of what I heard but no big deal - only interested in Bristol City F.C. myself.

Wasn’t it big Sam talking recently about balancing promoting youth vs. the need for results in football?

He is clearly on a more short term strategy and doesn’t feel LW is ready for them, despite what the Everton fans think.

A similar situation perhaps at Birmingham? Their current relegation fight means SC is looking for more solid players defensively with more experience. 

Eitherway, happy to have the lad, but perhaps we should be prepared for him to play more of a squad role for the rest of the season as he develops. We’ll see.

10 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Wasn’t it big Sam talking recently about balancing promoting youth vs. the need for results in football?

He is clearly on a more short term strategy and doesn’t feel LW is ready for them, despite what the Everton fans think.

A similar situation perhaps at Birmingham? Their current relegation fight means SC is looking for more solid players defensively with more experience. 

Eitherway, happy to have the lad, but perhaps we should be prepared for him to play more of a squad role for the rest of the season as he develops. We’ll see.

It's a strange one because other young players have been given a chance at Everton - for example yesterday Holgate, Calvert-Lewin, Lookman, Davies either in the team or on the bench. For whatever reason Koeman and Big Sam didn't quite have confidence in Walsh despite him apparently standing out in U23s. I'm a bit surprised that it's a perm move rather than a loan. Definitely a story there but hopefully the beneficiaries will be BCFC. Maybe Everton will buy him back for £90m in a couple of years a la Pogba. 

51 minutes ago, Ser Davos Ciderworth said:

It's a strange one because other young players have been given a chance at Everton - for example yesterday Holgate, Calvert-Lewin, Lookman, Davies either in the team or on the bench. For whatever reason Koeman and Big Sam didn't quite have confidence in Walsh despite him apparently standing out in U23s. I'm a bit surprised that it's a perm move rather than a loan. Definitely a story there but hopefully the beneficiaries will be BCFC. Maybe Everton will buy him back for £90m in a couple of years a la Pogba. 

Yep may well be....not knowing Everton that well I can’t really comment - but there could be a whole host of reasons why a player doesn’t get a look in at a club when others do. Style of play, physical stature, current position/situation at club. Development - look at some of our younger boys, it can take up to their mid 20’s to really hit their stride for whatever reason.

He could have been held back a bit at Everton too as they had a similar player in Ross Barkley who they were trying desperately to fit in the team and find form.

Interesting though that several Everton fans wanted him ahead of Davies who they don’t rate.

Anyone remember the last signing we made that was universally approved as a top player by the fans of his previous club? 

Yep, that’s right........

Adam El Abd!!! 

Archived