IGNORED

Positive Praise From Jose

Up The City!

Jose Mourinho says Manchester United must take Wednesday’s Carabao Cup quarter-final clash with Bristol City ‘really seriously’ given the standard of the Championship and has also hinted Henrikh Mkhitaryan could return to the matchday squad.

The Reds travel to Ashton Gate to face a high-flying City side, who currently sit third in the Championship and have already knocked three top-flight clubs out of the competition.

United boss Mourinho admits he will not be making too many changes to his squad given the high level of football in the second tier, but feels Mkhitaryan could feature for the first time since the win over Brighton in November.

"He [Mkhitaryan] can [be back],” Mourinho told reporters following the 2-1 win over West Brom. “I am making a few changes for the match, but not many because Bristol City are one of the best teams in the Championship.

“For me now, the Championship is not the Championship of five or 10 years ago. The Championship is now high-quality teams with lots of players that could be playing in the Premier League easily. So we need to take the game really seriously. I am going to make a few changes and it is possible Micki is involved.”

Mourinho also reiterated why the Armenian has found himself out of the Reds’ matchday squads of late.

“At the moment, we are playing [Juan] Mata, [Marcus] Rashford, [Jesse] Lingard or [Anthony] Martial and [Romelu] Lukaku," he added. "So, on the bench, we have [Zlatan] Ibrahimovic and one of the other ones, Martial or Rashford. So there is no space for everyone because you need balance on the bench too."

Standard “ we respect the opposition rubbish “ man I expect to win and win comfortably, I doubt José even knows anything about our players as he doesn’t give to hoots about the championship....

if the unthinkable happens and we do beat em , he will be off ski back to Manchester moaning about the pitch , fatigue the ref etc etc ... 

i don’t like Johnson’s interview buying a bottle of wine for him and the comment about a couple of loan players makes us look so tinpot .. 

win or lose handshake , there’s a can of natch and have a safe trip back to Manchester and we will be seeing you in the prem next season .

22 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Jose Mourinho says Manchester United must take Wednesday’s Carabao Cup quarter-final clash with Bristol City ‘really seriously’ given the standard of the Championship and has also hinted Henrikh Mkhitaryan could return to the matchday squad.

The Reds travel to Ashton Gate to face a high-flying City side, who currently sit third in the Championship and have already knocked three top-flight clubs out of the competition.

United boss Mourinho admits he will not be making too many changes to his squad given the high level of football in the second tier, but feels Mkhitaryan could feature for the first time since the win over Brighton in November.

"He [Mkhitaryan] can [be back],” Mourinho told reporters following the 2-1 win over West Brom. “I am making a few changes for the match, but not many because Bristol City are one of the best teams in the Championship.

“For me now, the Championship is not the Championship of five or 10 years ago. The Championship is now high-quality teams with lots of players that could be playing in the Premier League easily. So we need to take the game really seriously. I am going to make a few changes and it is possible Micki is involved.”

Mourinho also reiterated why the Armenian has found himself out of the Reds’ matchday squads of late.

“At the moment, we are playing [Juan] Mata, [Marcus] Rashford, [Jesse] Lingard or [Anthony] Martial and [Romelu] Lukaku," he added. "So, on the bench, we have [Zlatan] Ibrahimovic and one of the other ones, Martial or Rashford. So there is no space for everyone because you need balance on the bench too."

Nice respect from the grumpy one. Must be excited about the bottle of wine!

31 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

Standard “ we respect the opposition rubbish “ man I expect to win and win comfortably, I doubt José even knows anything about our players as he doesn’t give to hoots about the championship....

if the unthinkable happens and we do beat em , he will be off ski back to Manchester moaning about the pitch , fatigue the ref etc etc ... 

i don’t like Johnson’s interview buying a bottle of wine for him and the comment about a couple of loan players makes us look so tinpot .. 

win or lose handshake , there’s a can of natch and have a safe trip back to Manchester and we will be seeing you in the prem next season .

Mind games mate. Ferguson did the same when Di Stefano managed real Madrid in 83.

30 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

Sorry to rubbish your post, but whatever you think of Jose, he is never disrespectful of lower league opposition. I remember reading that when his Chelsea side beat Scunthorpe 3-1 in the FA Cup a few years ago, he went into the dressing room after the game to shake each players hand and give them each a dossier containing the scouting reports they had done. 

The guy is a total professional and it's only right that LJ should take this opportunity to foster a relationship with him if possible.

2 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Sorry to rubbish your post, but whatever you think of Jose, he is never disrespectful of lower league opposition. I remember reading that when his Chelsea side beat Scunthorpe 3-1 in the FA Cup a few years ago, he went into the dressing room after the game to shake each players hand and give them each a dossier containing the scouting reports they had done. 

The guy is a total professional and it's only right that LJ should take this opportunity to foster a relationship with him if possible.

In a nutshell mate. Who knows when a good impression could be to our advantage in the future and a bad one to our detriment?

3 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Absolutely. Shrewd move by LJ IMO to cosy up to him, doubt many will be complaining if we do stay down (or even if not) and get a couple of starlets on loan....

54 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

That's simply nonsense

The presenter for MUTV (a big Bristol City fan) said he is meticulous in his preparation , consummate professional ,  and will know everything about us and our players

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

Imagine getting your dossier and it says: "This guy is a load of old gubbins."

2 hours ago, bengalcub said:

You really are a massive, cuddly ball of fun aren't you.

Nothing wrong with showing a bit of respect and humility to a manager and club who really do deserve it considering what they have achieved in the game over numerous years.

12 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

Yep he cares so much for lower league football he last signed a player from championship or below standard when ???? 

Hes a class act and I like the guy but I don’t get the LJ love in for Man U  we should be making it as uncomfortable as poss for them tomo night .

Are you honestly asking why a team who challenges for the Champions League hasn’t signed a championship or below player?

Are you a parody account? Are you on the wind up again? 

22 minutes ago, Selred said:

Are you honestly asking why a team who challenges for the Champions League hasn’t signed a championship or below player?

Are you a parody account? Are you on the wind up again? 

I think you're giving his intelligence more respect than it deserves. 

2 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Surely this is massively condescending in itself? 

'Look lads, I'm so respectful, I scouted you guys in the way I would scout a decent team, look at my dossier'

35 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

Show respect after the game by all means coming out publicly before is nonsense .

Seriously? Please tell me what is wrong with showing a little bit of respect to your peers? Why should LJ/City try and piss them off? What can that possibly achieve in the short/long term?

Don't get me wrong, once the whistle goes it's 11v11 but to have a club and manager like that looking at us as more than 'little Bristol City' can only be a benefit to us. 

In the future, if we are competing as equals on a season to season basis I can understand your thoughts as we would have earned their respect by our results. Until then, we should present ourselves as a club with a little bit of class. 

49 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

Yep he cares so much for lower league football he last signed a player from championship or below standard when ???? 

Hes a class act and I like the guy but I don’t get the LJ love in for Man U  we should be making it as uncomfortable as poss for them tomo night .

For the record, I tried to 'rubbish' your post but I don't have any more reactions today

51 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

Agreed. 

£450 for a bottle of wine? Very needy. I can think of better causes for your spare cash Lee. 

#crawling #desperate 

18 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Agreed. 

£450 for a bottle of wine? Very needy. I can think of better causes for your spare cash Lee. 

#crawling #desperate 

A new centre half for Rovers? A new coat from Gap Kids?

Archived