IGNORED

Loving the match day programme cover...

spudski

1 minute ago, RedM said:

They’ve all been on that Super hero marvel comic type theme this season. I don’t like the theme much personally, have seen better designs but it’s done well I suppose. 

Strangely I really like the covers RM...as I did with Hull City prog covers a season back that were all animated.

Takes me back to being a kid...very nostalgic.

35 minutes ago, spudski said:

Strangely I really like the covers RM...as I did with Hull City prog covers a season back that were all animated.

Takes me back to being a kid...very nostalgic.

This style is very collectible and has certainly stood the test of time, but I guess it’s not really me, very masculine. I like something a bit more arty, blended, photographic, black and white, this is quite a harsh style but like I said I can see the appeal

36 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Anyone know if I'de able to get one of these at a later date?

Not gonna have £4 spare tonight.

First thing that stood out to me was the £4!! It's normally £3.  What's that all about.

Anyway, you can have mine if I manage to get a copy (City invariable sell out of programmes as they don't anticipate that there may be a big crowd at some matches).

10 minutes ago, Chivs said:

First thing that stood out to me was the £4!! It's normally £3.  What's that all about.

Anyway, you can have mine if I manage to get a copy (City invariable sell out of programmes as they don't anticipate that there may be a big crowd at some matches).

It's because its a bigger issue, more pages.

I quite like the cover design - better than some of the ones from the past, like when it was just a player’s face on the cover each time. I’m not keen on the A4 size, though, and I don’t really like the “#BRC V MUN” - would rather it was written out properly. Pedantic or what, eh?

10 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Alexander Wells did some fantastic covers for Wolves last season (maybe season before). Believe they were presented as below with no text on the cover.

This is ours.

Image result for wolves v bristol programme cover

and this sinister one for their game v Burton

f2d1d3b46acb8ce498dc84caea806c12--burton-albion-wolverhampton.jpg

I love those designs - really imaginative.

8 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Alexander Wells did some fantastic covers for Wolves last season (maybe season before). Believe they were presented as below with no text on the cover.

This is ours.

Bugger it was these I was thinking of, not Hull.

27 minutes ago, RedM said:

This style is very collectible and has certainly stood the test of time, but I guess it’s not really me, very masculine. I like something a bit more arty, blended, photographic, black and white, this is quite a harsh style but like I said I can see the appeal

I'm masculine...all six foot one and 15 stone of me...so that makes sense then :laugh:

I'd have just 'liked' the posts...but ran out.

Have we been given less likes recently? Seems very few these days, and often you haven't got time to reply...a 'like' at least acknowledges a post.

28 minutes ago, Offside said:

I love those designs - really imaginative.

Yeh they're great. Love them for so many reasons.

Not sure I love the comic book theme we've gone with this season. But I do like that we have a theme and that the 23 editions should in theory form a decent set.

I'm hoping we have something in the pipeline for a cracking set of programmes in the 125th year in 2019/20 season...Although the official club line is est. 1897 isn't it - per the badge?

35 minutes ago, Coxy27 said:

That looks nothing like Lee Johnson!

If you showed me that out of context there's no way in hell I would have said that was him.

That's because they all change their looks when they change into a super hero,  just look at the Incredible Hulk!

2 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

This is ours.

Now I like those, remember st the time seeing he had done them and thought they were great. 

2 hours ago, downendcity said:

Where's LJ's camel coat and cap?

Too late to make the print I expect, did you see him talking about it on the local news last night? Said the song was really funny and how he might have to auction it off for the CHSW. He said the bloke leading the singing conductor style was great and was his hero. 

4 hours ago, phantom said:

Just a shame someone decided to go with A4 size !

Remember when we had a season of oversized programems they were ridiculous

The 98-99 season under Ward and Benny. I know this as it was the only time I collected every single one from the pre season friendlies to the last game. 

If memory serves I believe they were A4 because the club planned to sell them as a magazine outside of match days from local newsagents. I don't think the take up was very good and the idea was dropped.

• Admin
18 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

The 98-99 season under Ward and Benny. I know this as it was the only time I collected every single one from the pre season friendlies to the last game. 

If memory serves I believe they were A4 because the club planned to sell them as a magazine outside of match days from local newsagents. I don't think the take up was very good and the idea was dropped.

@Midlands Robin Yeah - now you say that I can remember the story about it at the time

Archived