IGNORED

Selfish ***** on the pitch

cidercity1987

2 minutes ago, BrizleCiderArmy said:

Bureaucracy gone mad. oooooo health and safety! Players cant soak up atmosphere. Looked to me like the players loved the post whistle atmosphere. Enjoy the win. Don't spoil it.

Of course they did, and they would've had longer to enjoy it if they could come back out after the final whistle.. :whistle: 

Flint says NO NO NO !

I understand why people get carried away and run on the pitch considering all the circumstances  (bearing in mind we have actually won nothing but a great game) but having just watched the Sky sport goals Flint can be seen waving the fans off the pitch after korey's Goal .

I would rather have seen the stands going mental for the team and LJ rather than the 2% (if that)  who fecked it up for the majority. (as happens after a decent home win in the League).  Yep, great fantastic win, made to look Tinpot.  

Great night and a great win but a pitch invasion for winning a quarter final is embarrassing. Ok for a non league team but City is a Championship team pushing for promotion to the Premier League. Imagine if the Rovers ever beat a Premier League team (unlikely I know) and everyone ran onto the pitch. There would be endless comments about their small club mentality. Fans should think big not small 

37 minutes ago, Ash the Bash said:

Anyone see that small Utd fan with a massive beard get on the pitch, run towards the centre circle and clobber a guy from behind for absolutely no reason? Absolute evil. Wish I'd filmed it. I know our idiots started it by goading them but still pretty disturbing 

Probably upset at being chased onto the muddy banks of the avon before the game.

19 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I would imagine a few United fans will be getting banning orders tonight.

Imagine supporting a club that’s won Premier Leagues and Champions Leagues and then getting yourself banned for kicking off at Bristol City.

Muppets.

They took a shoeing before the game so I heard, guess they had a shit day out.

1 hour ago, dolman_man said:

I wanted to celebrate with the players after the game. Instead 1000 or so idiots invaded the pitch unable to control their excitement to the detriment of the other 20000 or so fans. 

I would be in favour of identifying as many of them as possible and banning them for at least the rest of this season. And also disqualifying them from purchasing a season ticket for next season. 

The FA will probably take action against the club for their failure to control their fans. And quite correctly too

A magnificent performance and result will be overshadowed by a few mindless idiots who cannot control themselves. 

Ban me then. #admission 

And how do you propose you celebrate with players, a customary 60 second clap and they walk away?! We are in the semi-effing-final beating a surprisingly strong utd team. That was for the fans. That was the celebration it warranted, it got what it deserved. 

3 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Which season was that?!

Blimey- I genuinely can't remember. I think we beat Brentford 4-1 at home in the final match of the season. It was either Terry or Joe as Manager.

Thinking about it - it could have been the time we got in the play offs v Walsall? Without spending some time looking back I can't say cos right now I'm only looking forward!

Can you believe it?- we just dumped Man U out of the Cup and 30 mins later get drawn against the team who are so say the greatest ever in the Prem. I'm so used to Gillingham or Shrewsbury or Orient that I'm having to pinch myself.

Bloody hell. 

2 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Blimey- I genuinely can't remember. I think we beat Brentford 4-1 at home in the final match of the season. It was either Terry or Joe as Manager.

Thinking about it - it could have been the time we got in the play offs v Walsall? Without spending some time looking back I can't say cos right now I'm only looking forward!

Can you believe it?- we just dumped Man U out of the Cup and 30 mins later get drawn against the team who are so say the greatest ever in the Prem. I'm so used to Gillingham or Shrewsbury or Orient that I'm having to pinch myself.

Bloody hell. 

Ah the 4-1 - we relegated Brentford that day, it was May 1993 - and you must have had too much cider because it wasn’t a promotion season, Rob Newman had left us two years before that and Russell Osman was the Manager!

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Ah the 4-1 - we relegated Brentford that day, it was May 1993 - and you must have had too much cider because it wasn’t a promotion season, Rob Newman had left us two years before that and Russell Osman was the Manager!

OK- I'm going to have to rethink this tomorrow. 

I'm absolutely 100% positive it was Rob Newman I hugged (!) and I was in the "open end" now Atyeo- it was the only ever time I went on the pitch up until tonight and it was also definitely in the 80's- maybe 85/86?

12 minutes ago, gazza1982 said:

The pitch invasion doesn’t worry me. Far worse was the United fans after the game who got a fair bit of grief 

Yeah, don’t really do sympathy at football. But I sincerely hope the arrogant, patronising Manchester snowflakes have a pleasant journey back to London.

3 hours ago, dolman_man said:

I wanted to celebrate with the players after the game. Instead 1000 or so idiots invaded the pitch unable to control their excitement to the detriment of the other 20000 or so fans. 

I would be in favour of identifying as many of them as possible and banning them for at least the rest of this season. And also disqualifying them from purchasing a season ticket for next season. 

The FA will probably take action against the club for their failure to control their fans. And quite correctly too

A magnificent performance and result will be overshadowed by a few mindless idiots who cannot control themselves. 

new to this forum lark aren't we, you'll learn, not a great start.

btw anyone else amazed at how many City fans fail at running - I saw a couple of fans having a laugh rolling on the ground, but also a handful who just outright fell over because they tangled their own legs whilst running on/across the pitch - I mean it's not normal right.... personally I have a angelic almost hop/leaping gait, I know most cannot aspire to that, but at least learn to put one foot in front of the other in rapid succession without falling over like a 2 days old puppy.

2 hours ago, pongo88 said:

Great night and a great win but a pitch invasion for winning a quarter final is embarrassing. Ok for a non league team but City is a Championship team pushing for promotion to the Premier League. Imagine if the Rovers ever beat a Premier League team (unlikely I know) and everyone ran onto the pitch. There would be endless comments about their small club mentality. Fans should think big not small 

Who gives a **** What fans of other Clubs think about it 

As a neutral watching on TV it was great to see. 

I can't believe you'd complain about it. If fans celebrating ruins any win for you let alone in the manner you did against who you did, then I don't know why you follow football.

Funnily enough, I remember watching Manchester City win the title and thought what 'ruined it' was in amongst the wild scenes after the winner and the final whistle, their own fans booing their fans who were on the pitch and gesturing and chanting at them to get off. Get on the pitch you wetties.

for me.... I didn't even notice. I was so completely in my own bubble with tears of joy running down my chops.

Sensibly... everyone has their own reaction and mine may have been different if I had younger legs, but I don't. My 55 year old body has seen enough disappointment at AG, and I dont criticise anyone for celebrating their individual way.

Man City next.... as Del Boy might have said "what do you think you're doing you wallies"

9 hours ago, dolman_man said:

Sums up a great number of our fanbase this post. You absolute knob jockey

Archived