IGNORED

The official Bristol City FC v Reading FC match day thread 24

Septic Peg

Joyeux Noel mes amis!

@havanatopia is braving the wet today and taking on a run of epic proportions and is currently somewhere in Clevedon, coating his nipples in vaseline.

Because of this arduous task, today's thread befalls to me...

Reading is a shithole, full of fake Cockneys as it resides just outside of Lannndannn Tannnn. A famous commuter town, it sits proudly on the M4 corridor and the GWR line and can access the Big Smoke in less than 60 minutes by either car or train.

Reading is also widely famous for the Reading Festival, an annual weekend of pissed up rockers, performing on stage for the mass of pissed up students/teens/adults that aren't grown up yet. Up to 75,000 people descend on the town during the weekend and largely thanks to its effective positioning for transport links, Reading copes better than it's sister festival, Dirty Leeds.

Fun fact: Did you know that Reading is statistically the most economic place to live in Britain? Due to its hotbed of IT firms HQed here, it's financial stability is the best in the entire country. Big names having their UK home here include Microsoft, Cisco, Ericsson and Symantec.

Also located in Reading are Wrigley (makers of gum) and PepsiCo (makers of gut rot). The Coca Cola Truck doesn't visit Reading.

Reading FC are currently under the guidance of ex Man U star, Jaap Stam and play at the Madejski stadium, the stadium is named after Sir John Madejski, Reading's ex owner and chairman. 

The Madejski is built on an old waste ground and actually has methane vents installed around it! If/when the Rovers go under thanks to Wael and his alleged accounting difficulties (ie no actual money), we are safe in the knowledge that Reading can become "Gas". :gasmask:

Fun fact: Reading are known as 'The Royals' due to their residing in the Royal County of Berkshire. But their previous name was The Biscuitmen, thanks to their association to posh biscuit maker Huntley and Palmers. No I've never heard of them either.

So on to today...

Jaap won't be happy after we turned over his old club and is probably still smarting over that volley from Aden Flint when we were round their gaff.

I'm feeling a 2-2 draw today. Taylor and Bob on the sheet for us.

I hope you all have a lovely Christmas and wish you all a prosperous New Year.

Come on you Reds...

27 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Joyeux Noel mes amis!

@havanatopia is braving the wet today and taking on a run of epic proportions and is currently somewhere in Clevedon, coating his nipples in vaseline.

Reading is a shithole, full of fake Cockneys as it resides just outside of Lannndannn Tannnn. A famous commuter town, it sits proudly on the M4 corridor and the GWR line and can access the Big Smoke in less than 60 minutes by either car or train.

Reading is also widely famous for the Reading Festival, an annual weekend of pissed up rockers, performing on stage for the mass of pissed up students/teens/adults that aren't grown up yet. Up to 75,000 people descend on the town during the weekend and largely thanks to its effective positioning for transport links, Reading copes better than it's sister festival, Dirty Leeds.

Fun fact: Did you know that Reading is statistically the most economic place to live in Britain? Due to its hotbed of IT firms HQed here, it's financial stability is the best in the entire country. Big names having their UK home here include Microsoft, Cisco, Ericsson and Symantec.

Also located in Reading are Wrigley (makers of gum) and PepsiCo (makers of gut rot). The Coca Cola Truck doesn't visit Reading.

Reading FC are currently under the guidance of ex Man U star, Jaap Stam and play at the Madejski stadium, the stadium is named after Sir John Madejski, Reading's ex owner and chairman. 

The Madejski is built on an old waste ground and actually has methane vents installed around it! If/when the Rovers go under thanks to Wael and his alleged accounting difficulties (ie no actual money), we are safe in the knowledge that Reading can become "Gas". :gasmask:

Fun fact: Reading are known as 'The Royals' due to their residing in the Royal County of Berkshire. But their previous name was The Biscuitmen, thanks to their association to posh biscuit maker Huntley and Palmers. No I've never heard of them either.

So on to today...

Jaap won't be happy after we turned over his old club and is probably still smarting over that volley from Aden Flint when we were round their gaff.

Come on you Reds...

À lovely thread there Peg . 

I'm just surprised that you don't know Huntley and Palmers .

IMG_0146.JPG

1 hour ago, Septic Peg said:

Joyeux Noel mes amis!

So on to today...

Come on you Reds...

Condensed Version

Reading:

Havana's got greasy nipples

City 2-1

36 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Source:  BBC Sport

Bristol City haven't lost at home on Boxing Day in any of their past 22 matches (W13 D9) - their last Boxing Day defeat at Ashton Gate came 55 years ago, losing 2-1 to Brighton in 1962

Well that's us jinxed then! Away win all the way. 

43 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Source:  BBC Sport

Bristol City haven't lost at home on Boxing Day in any of their past 22 matches (W13 D9) - their last Boxing Day defeat at Ashton Gate came 55 years ago, losing 2-1 to Brighton in 1962

6 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Well that's us jinxed then! Away win all the way. 

Yeah cheers bud, this will bite us on the arse now! 

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

À lovely thread there Peg . 

I'm just surprised that you don't know Huntley and Palmers .

IMG_0146.JPG

Nope.

If they ain't available in Tescos or Sainsbury's and are only available in Waitrose, they are posh. 

These aren't even available in Waitrose. Online only apparently. And they do Tango Jaffa Cakes. WTAF????

Elite Tory company it must be.

Screenshot_20171226-125753.png

Really hope the team is set up for (and just really up for) a win today.

As mentioned above; could put real pressure on the top two with three points today, and with Wolves next up (which will be a very tough game) it would be nice to be able to head into that match and be happy with a home point.

Fingers-crossed those who sat out most of Sat like Mags, Paterson et al are a bit rested and ready to go.

COYR

26 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

It's about time you finished them off Major, reckon they must be nearing their use by date. Go on Major, it's Christmas, spoil yerself, make a nice cuppa and get dunking!  :) 

If they're going out of date, maybe a swift call to the sags and they'll take them?

Archived