IGNORED

Vauxhall Astra - Damage

Full nelson

13 minutes ago, Full nelson said:

Feel free to move topic but the above car was parked on Durnford St and was hit by another car. If this car was yours please DM me as I have the the drivers reg who drove off even though he acknowledged he hit the car. 

You know what you should do, don't you. Speak to a person in a navy blue uniform.

1 minute ago, archie andrews said:

what if its not someone who comes on here or even at the game?

Well all the info I have had been passed over to the police but they are 3 weeks behind and if they owner reports damage then the case number gets put to the front. If this is unsuccessful then what’s lost?

30 minutes ago, Full nelson said:

Well all the info I have had been passed over to the police but they are 3 weeks behind and if they owner reports damage then the case number gets put to the front. If this is unsuccessful then what’s lost?

Hope it gets sorted. Shame people can’t be honest. Just read a story about a bloke who lost his wages . Eventually through social media they tracked him down and he got every penny of his money back . Good luck 

16 minutes ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

As it is to flee a scene of the accident without the intention of reporting I believe. 

A nice fine and 6 points (varies on previous) will await said driver

Well this is what I thought!! I spoke with Avon and Somerset police this evening and only the driver can be prosecuted if the owner of the car comes forward!! So looks like the driver will get away with it even though I witnessed this happen and have 4 more witnesses the law states , members of the public can’t do anything to bring justice as it’s not my property. 

5 minutes ago, Full nelson said:

Well this is what I thought!! I spoke with Avon and Somerset police this evening and only the driver can be prosecuted if the owner of the car comes forward!! So looks like the driver will get away with it even though I witnessed this happen and have 4 more witnesses the law states , members of the public can’t do anything to bring justice as it’s not my property. 

Good grief. Once again the law in an arse

54 minutes ago, Full nelson said:
55 minutes ago, Full nelson said:

They are 3 weeks behind ?? behind what ??..November and early December all they were doing was  hiding behind dustbins nicking drivers with their speed guns (seen nearly twice a day I potted them) gaining taxes in the name of road safety and when you want them to do some proper Police work they can't help as they're  3 weeks behind....Unbelievable Jeff 

We will investigate......errrm.....its been reported we will get back to you......uhhhh.....its with our professional standards now someone has complained. Ah, as it was only filmed by dashcam and the complainant lives a few miles away we're taking no further action. Case closed. Move along everyone....

2 hours ago, RedM said:

Good grief. Once again the law in an arse

Well if the owner of the car doesn’t care why waste police time?  I’ve owned a lot of old bangers in the past and I’d be annoyed if someone dragged me into a protracted legal thing just because someone sideswiped the vehicle.

3 minutes ago, RumRed said:

Well if the owner of the car doesn’t care why waste police time?  I’ve owned a lot of old bangers in the past and I’d be annoyed if someone dragged me into a protracted legal thing just because someone sideswiped the vehicle.

I meant more the fact that if I was the owner and returned to the car and found it damaged and there wasn’t a note left or anything indicating admission or witness’s details I probably would feel there was no hope going to the police. Maybe there is, but the owner has to report it and the police might say ‘ah yes we know about this’ , or ‘someone came in earlier to report this but as they weren’t the owner we didn’t bother taking their details and sent them away’ 

Which scenario seems ass backwards to you? 

4 minutes ago, RedM said:

I meant more the fact that if I was the owner and returned to the car and found it damaged and there wasn’t a note left or anything indicating admission or witness’s details I probably would feel there was no hope going to the police. Maybe there is, but the owner has to report it and the police might say ‘ah yes we know about this’ , or ‘someone came in earlier to report this but as they weren’t the owner we didn’t bother taking their details and sent them away’ 

Which scenario seems ass backwards to you? 

I’m sure they’ve taken the details and if a complaint is made, by the owner, it will then be followed up.

Just now, reddoh said:

they give you a number too give to your insurance company and then do F all

I know so why do any of us bother, we know the score that’s what you do and leave it to the insurance companies.  It’s been like that for decades, it’s how it works? I’m just surprised people are surprised? 

More important things to worry about than light damage to a stationary Astra with no casualties.  A bugger, and annoying,  the person didn’t leave their details but that’s how it is.

4 minutes ago, RumRed said:

I know so why do any of us bother, we know the score that’s what you do and leave it to the insurance companies.  It’s been like that for decades, it’s how it works? I’m just surprised people are surprised? 

More important things to worry about than light damage to a stationary Astra with no casualties.  A bugger, and annoying,  the person didn’t leave their details but that’s how it is.

but what if its your pride and joy :dunno:

3 hours ago, Full nelson said:

Are there houses on the street? Or places of work? Maybe worth trying to get the word out around that area as you have a certain time to make a claim on insurance and notify police, although not 100% on the police bit.

Archived