IGNORED

Wolves player accused of match-fixing

Olé

Story just breaking in Portugal in the past couple of hours. Roderick Miranda, centre back, relates to a match in Portugal last season. 

Has played 16 games for Wolves, I guess he is the replacement for Boly if he's injured, he came on for him at Millwall on Boxing Day.

Can't believe that people are still fixing matches nowadays, what's the point when disposable lighters are so cheap and efficient now.?

Still anything that helps to keep the Wolves away from the door has gotta be good I guess, so fair play to 'em ...

(hmm,  when I say fair play to 'em I don't mean fair play obviously I mean unfair play, the cheating bastards) boo!

6 hours ago, Up The City! said:

One could argue that in those 16 matches he played in where he had an affect on the result he shouldn't have been playing if found guilty...

5 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I think that a forty point deduction would be sufficient and would send the right message ;)

Careful boys...even if only joking, we're treading dangerously close to sounding like the fewers here!

1 hour ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Very hard for one player to fix a match except perhaps a goalkeeper.

When you look at some of the goalkeeping howlers, you do have to wonder.

It`s usually spot fixing, getting yourself sent off, giving away a penalty or something like that. It`s why no bookies let you bet on the time of the first throw in nowadays - it was too easy for a player just to lump it straight into touch from the kick off.

13 hours ago, Garland-sweden said:

Really sad. Here in small Sweden we have had problems with match-fixing. In the first divison but most in the lower leauges. In most of Europe its common, its more than wrong, the whole idea with the game is injuried. So mutch money involved feel kind of sick.

I love how you've misspelt that... just before we play Wolves! Fantastic.

14 hours ago, Garland-sweden said:

Really sad. Here in small Sweden we have had problems with match-fixing. In the first divison but most in the lower leauges. In most of Europe its common, its more than wrong, the whole idea with the game is injuried. So mutch money involved feel kind of sick.

The Good News is......

Direct flights Bristol/Gothenburg are coming soon (no Amsterdam stopover, which might not be good news for some I guess) 

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/whats-on/whats-on-news/direct-flights-launched-gothenburg-sweden-982643  

3 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Very hard for one player to fix a match except perhaps a goalkeeper.

When you look at some of the goalkeeping howlers, you do have to wonder.

Remember Bruce Grobelaar being accused of purposely letting in goals?  He had to stand up in court and admit to being a bad goalie.

Archived