IGNORED

Never Again...

Kid in the Riot

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

As I’ve said the Dolman is poor and the number of all ages that don’t make a sound all game (Jump to their feet when we score and leap around a bit and then sit down and back to silence :grr:) makes me despair

Sorry , but for the vast majority  there is no reason that they can’t  join in with clapping if not singing ‘ at least once a game 

Each to their own but why some spend out to watch football live , like they are at the cinema ,  totall baffles me (Bet their ones who tell neighbours and friends what ‘ a great atmosphere it was’ !!!!)

To put an alternative point of view I am more than happy to say that I largely watch football in silence. I'm not quite your stereotype but I do indeed jump to my feet when we score, leap about a bit and then sit down...I join in with clapping and singing more than once a game, but I can't say I've ever sung 'red army' in my life...and I do watch football in a similar way to the way I watch a film...

...because I find football fascinating. Watching City play is absorbing. I sit in the Dolman - and have done for decades - because you get a great view of an unfolding drama. For me jumping about and singing and shouting would make it very hard to concentrate on what is going on. Down the years I've been very happy to do all of that at away matches where we're usually stuck behind a goal and can see next to nothing...and where you know your part in the event is raising the spirits of the players...but at home I like to savour the football...not sing and dance. 

Of course I recognise that this may be an unfashionable position...but I can't be alone...indeed in the central blocks of the Dolman I'd say I was fairly typical!

Each to his own as you say. The silence I heard at times last night was, I'd reckon, the silence of anxiety...nervous and watchful...spoke volumes...

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Option 2 for me. Those are the supporters who can actually have an impact on the game. There’s a reason why players tend to celebrate goals infront of S82.

Take Magnússon for example. He loves it that the fans sing his name. Imagine you’re him; a young guy, new country - but you’ve got 1000 fans singing your name. What a buzz it must be. 

In the United game, players were gesturing for S82 to whip up the atmosphere. It clearly has an impact on the players which they appreciate.

The Wolves players were straight over to their boisterous away support to join in the songs. 

For the club though.. obviously they’re going to want fans who buy food from the outlets, buy family season tickets and don’t cause any problems. Given their objectives of maximising off-pitch revenue that’s understandable.

I think Willem II as a club seem to get it right with supporter culture - vocal and passionate fans are really valued there it seems with great entertainment around the ground.

Nice of you to dismiss the supprt of people like my father who supported the club for the whole of his 80 odd years. He loved to watch good football and he cheered and clapped when we scored, but rarely joined in any chants.

Perhaps he needed some fascists insisting he "joined in"? I suspect he would have just walked away.

Archived