IGNORED

Atmosphere tonight

RedNight

Says a lot when the away fans are singing "is this a library".

Surprising to hear such a tame atmosphere for a top of the table clash? Silent first half. Picked up when we scored and we were nowhere at 1-1. Pretty disappointing to see flint 2nd half have to try and whip up the crowd! 

Wolves fans also showing how it's done away from home. Compare their support to ours at QPR a week ago. Worlds apart. 

Normally the Gate is ok mind, but thought tonight we could of been better. Especislly at 1-1. Players could of done with us ! 

Silent first half  ?????????

Are you serious .?

:blink: :laughcont:

FFs sending off , the immediate equaliser and total,loss,of momentum knocked the crowd for six and was quiet at times post that

However - Does my head in , (in Dolman) the numbers who never make a peep all game  

Thank god for Sec 82 and large parts of South Stand

6 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Are you serious .?

FFs sending off , the immediate equaliser and total,loss,of momentum knocked the crowd for six and was quiet at times post that

However - Does my head in , (in Dolman) the numbers who never make a peep all game  

First half was dead. Apart from first 10mins

8 minutes ago, bris red said:

Sounded quiet on the box i must say.. all about where you are stood/sat i suppose but for me section 82 really needs to expand across the South Stand if possible.. its just not enough to have that as our only real main singing outlet.

Agreed. Debating moving my ST to be nearer them next season, so good to have a group creating a decent atmosphere.

2 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I wish more of our away support took a leaf out of their book and actually stood during the game.

You can guarantee no one in that away following was asked to move because ‘you’re in my seat’ or to ‘sit down’ which you often get at our away games..

Spot on . **** the elderly , the infirm or kids

4 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I wish more of our away support took a leaf out of their book and actually stood during the game.

You can guarantee no one in that away following was asked to move because ‘you’re in my seat’ or to ‘sit down’ which you often get at our away games..

NEWSFLASH:

Were you sit doesn’t start, stop, or make you sing! 

They probably just didn’t winge about where they had to sit! 

1 minute ago, Packman said:

Only heard them briefly after scoring that was all, been many better away fans than them in my opinion.

Fleetwood are still the best I’ve heard in a long time, and they brought less than 300. 

I’m sure 20k can out sing 3.5k if they are up for it! 

I think the sending off of their player killed the atmosphere a bit. Up to that point it was pretty loud both home and away end, and obviously the initial reaction to him going off was loud but then they sat in while we just knocked it about waiting for the right moment. 

Before then it was building up to a good game, some decent robust but fair challenges, some quick interplay from both sides which was keeping crowd going and then it just went with the sending off. 

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Are you serious .?

yes agree with you, what is wrong with other parts of the ground at least trying to make their presence felt, you are allowed to make a noise, the dolman used to be one of the more lively parts of the ground, it has been said before the team also need to do their bit, thought they were far to cautious today when a man up, we both feed of each other, there was a lack of ambition today that fed through to the crowd I think.

3 minutes ago, Packman said:

We should have 2 singing sections, keep s82 in the south corner but put another lot in the Atyeo corner again, just give away fans 2000 odd seats, we’re not here to make friends. 2 singing sections at either end of the stadium would work I reckon.

Why are people scared of an away atmosphere..?!

Bring it on, I say! 

15 minutes ago, shelts said:

Spot on . **** the elderly , the infirm or kids

Thought you might pop up. Well demographically I doubt there’s many more elderly, infirm or kids in other teams away support (United, Wolves, Leeds). They manage somehow. Usually the front couple of rows sit and the rest stand.

13 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

NEWSFLASH:

Standing is definitely more conducive to joining in chants. 

12 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

NEWSFLASH:

That is not true. Simple psychological factors (the hierarchy of needs) will always affect how people will react to the environment around them and its variables.

You being expert on everything will probably have already realised your oversight.

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

If we had Blocks A & B of the Dolman anything like it was in late 80’s / 90s We’d be rocking it

Some of the apathy to make any noise at all, amongst many in the Dolman these days is nauseating

When those areas get going, they are great. That’s why I stay there. 

Have you noticed the other changes since the 80/90’s too..? 

1 minute ago, Cowshed said:

That is not true. Simple psychological factors (the hierarchy of needs) will always affect how people will react to the environment around them and its variables.

You being expert on everything will probably have already realised your oversight.

Didn’t seem to matter Vs Man Utd..? 

Archived