IGNORED

Atmosphere tonight

RedNight

3 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

When those areas get going, they are great. That’s why I stay there. 

Have you noticed the other changes since the 80/90’s too..? 

Only in football supporters unwillingness to play their part in atmosphere 

Been at the Gate with 12-14000 when we’ve made more noise than we do now most of the time

The atmosphere that is created is purely down to Sec 82and SS 

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Your correlation between away support and City fans reaction doesn’t add up in my experience

Why are you so confused about A and B Blocks in Dolman opinion 80s/90s -were you there .

I’ve been in Dolan B block since about 1995

4 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Thought you might pop up. Well demographically I doubt there’s many more elderly, infirm or kids in other teams away support (United, Wolves, Leeds). They manage somehow. Usually the front couple of rows sit and the rest stand.

Standing is definitely more conducive to joining in chants. 

Got knew hips mate loves to stand like I did in the 70s . I really don’t care who I’m in the way of :yes:

Just now, BobBobSuperBob said:

Only in football supporters unwillingness to play their part in atmosphere 

Been at the Gate with 12-14000 when we’ve made more noise than we do now most of the time

So basically you are agreeing. If people sing, the atmosphere is better..?!

7 minutes ago, shelts said:

Got knew hips mate loves to stand like I did in the 70s . I really don’t care who I’m in the way of :yes:

Haha - well I think the ‘Stoke Solution’ is the best possible outcome.

Away tickets sold whereby if you buy at the back, its on the understanding that you’ll stand.. and if you buy at the front, it’s so you can sit.

Simple but effective. I know we did look into it when Andrew Billingham was still about. Maybe @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO can explore it too.. 

Works like this.. taken from Stoke’s site

Watford v Stoke City
Premier League
Saturday 28th October 2017
Kick Off: 3:00pm

THE Club have received an allocation of 2,222 tickets including 14 wheelchair spaces for the trip to Watford on Saturday 28th October.

Supporters will be housed in the Vicarage Road Stand at Vicarage Road.

Fans who wish to sit down during the match are advised to request tickets at the front of the stand.

5 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I’ve been in Dolan B block since about 1995

Think you missed the best  then

In late 80s the whole of A and B Block would rise as one and sing 

4 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

So basically you are agreeing. If people sing, the atmosphere is better..?!

You’ve lost me .

what do you think .?

Im  mid fifty’s and can rarely speak or croak for a couple of days after a game and always been same  -you ?

I sits in W7 with the kiddies and once a chant or song or clapping starts , bless em they gets into mind!!

I agree standing helps , the acoustics in the Atyeo are good . Not sure how we can improve the noise levels of the home support. As mentioned I’ve heard us more noisy with 15k in the ground . 

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Think you missed the best  then

You’ve lost me .

what do you think .?

Im  mid fifty’s and can rarely speak or croak for a couple of days after a game and always been same  -you ?

I’m not sure what your point is..?

Ive said that if people sing, then 3.5k away fans isn’t a concern. 

Tonight wasn’t great. Usually I think it’s pretty good. On occasions, it’s difficult to beat Ashton Gate. 

1 minute ago, shelts said:

I sits in W7 with the kiddies and once a chant or song or clapping starts , bless em they gets into mind!!

I agree standing helps , the acoustics in the Atyeo are good . Not sure how we can improve the noise levels of the home support. As mentioned I’ve heard us more noisy with 15k in the ground . 

For years people wanted out of the Atyeo, because of the acoustics!! 

I will reappear, again!, if people sing, it doesn’t matter where they are sat! 

27 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

NEWSFLASH:

Were you sit doesn’t start, stop, or make you sing! 

They probably just didn’t winge about where they had to sit! 

Read this and thought that’s not true at all

11 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

That is not true. Simple psychological factors (the hierarchy of needs) will always affect how people will react to the environment around them and its variables.

You being expert on everything will probably have already realised your oversight.

Then I read this and thought this is getting to the core

6 minutes ago, Milan djurichimovic said:

Sat in the dolman once these season and felt like people were getting annoyed with you singing!! Seemed like they went to the game to moan glad my normal seats in the stand not even half as enjoyable for me sat in dolman

And then thismpost which simply explains better than I could that where you sit absolutely affects your own behaviour

I continue to sing and stand occasionally for a few seconds in the Dolman and looking around me you’d think that I had three heads- hardly encourages some to get involved does it 

4 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Haha - well I think the ‘Stoke Solution’ is the best possible outcome.

Away tickets sold whereby if you buy at the back, its on the understanding that you’ll stand.. and if you buy at the front, it’s so you can sit.

Simple but effective. I know we did look into it when Andrew Billingham was still about. Maybe @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO can explore it too.. 

I think that’s a great idea the Stoke one . Sitting has killed atmospheres across the Country . We should never be in the situation of people kicking off over sitting , standing and use in my seat . Sort it City 

2 minutes ago, shelts said:

I think that’s a great idea the Stoke one . Sitting has killed atmospheres across the Country . We should never be in the situation of people kicking off over sitting , standing and use in my seat . Sort it City 

I appreciate some people can’t/don’t want to sit - which is ok. I think the Stoke solution is probably the best approach so everyone gets what they want from an away game in that context.

As for home games - well if it were me, I’d never have the away fans behind the goal in such numbers. Seems crazy. The sooner safe standing comes in the better.

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I appreciate some people can’t/don’t want to sit - which is ok. I think the Stoke solution is probably the best approach so everyone gets what they want from an away game in that context.

As for home games - well if it were me, I’d never have the away fans behind the goal in such numbers. Seems crazy. The sooner safe standing comes in the better.

Kid z earlier in thread . I like the atmosphere when the away fans are here in numbers , interesting Wolves put us on the touch line 

13 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Didn’t seem to matter Vs Man Utd..? 

That was not your point.

Environmental factors affect how people behave and you do not need to be Abraham Maslow to understand that.

The demographics of the individuals within each stand and their associated and accepted supporting norms will shape how people behave.

Physiological factors like being stood or sat will shape how people behave.

And on this goes.

11 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Look,around at how most clubs ‘accommodate’ away fans

Normally away on the side , up,in the gods , or in a corner , and if one end tend to use the upper tiers - In fact I’m struggling to think of Clubs where the away fans have such a dynamic position

No coincidence that Sheff Weds , QPR , Newcastle etc don’t put away fans in the lower tiers behind the goal

From S82 tonight the atmos started well and then dampened a bit after the sending off. Was overall pretty decent but has been better this season. 

However, I only heard Wolves on a few occasions. I guess the fact we’re making noise ourselves we don’t tend to hear the noise from 110 yards away. And I’m sure they didn’t hear us much either for the same reason. 

Ultimately, I see a lot written on here about the atmos. Well, there’s about 800 or so of us in S82 who sing for the majority of the game. Perhaps the 22,000 others can up their game? 

@Matt Parsons BCFCSLO Appreciate you've probably got a hell of a lot on your plate mate, we've not had a proper SLO for a good few years now!

Would be good to get some feedback from the higher ups on the Stoke Solution that @Phileas Fogg suggests. Make away days a better experience for everyone.

5 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Look,around at how most clubs ‘accommodate’ away fans

Normally away on the side , up,in the gods , or in a corner , and if one end tend to use the upper tiers - In fact I’m struggling to think of Clubs where the away fans have such a dynamic position

No coincidence that Sheff Weds , QPR , Newcastle etc don’t put away fans in the lower tiers behind the goal

Even in more recent experience, Manchester City started selling us tickets at the very top of their stand. Surely we should be looking to do the same?

3 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Even in more recent experience, Manchester City started selling us tickets at the very top of their stand. Surely we should be looking to do the same?

Unfortunately we don’t have the tiers !

:laughcont:

But I’m firmly in the restricting the away fan camp until we find a better place for them 

14 minutes ago, Harry said:

From S82 tonight the atmos started well and then dampened a bit after the sending off. Was overall pretty decent but has been better this season. 

However, I only heard Wolves on a few occasions. I guess the fact we’re making noise ourselves we don’t tend to hear the noise from 110 yards away. And I’m sure they didn’t hear us much either for the same reason. 

Ultimately, I see a lot written on here about the atmos. Well, there’s about 800 or so of us in S82 who sing for the majority of the game. Perhaps the 22,000 others can up their game? 

Yep, no gripes from me about S82. Been brilliant all season, particularly vs United. Wish the club would give you the main part of the south stand really but probably unlikely. 

From where I am in the Dolman, atmosphere in the rest of the SS can be pretty good at times - especially now S82 is in that corner. The Dolman can be good sporadically, but isn’t what it was. The Lansdown - predictably - pretty poor. Definitely a general improvement needed everywhere else.

10 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Yep, no gripes from me about S82. Been brilliant all season, particularly vs United. Wish the club would give you the main part of the south stand really but probably unlikely. 

From where I am in the Dolman, atmosphere in the rest of the SS can be pretty good at times - especially now S82 is in that corner. The Dolman can be good sporadically, but isn’t what it was. The Lansdown - predictably - pretty poor. Definitely a general improvement needed everywhere else.

You can see the S82 efforts spreading along SS

Wpuld be good to have Sec 82 in the Dolman Block nearest them - would help / change the Dolman a fair degree IMHO

Like the side view from Dolman but think I may try and move to SS near Sec 82 next season 

The main reason I go to live be football is The atmosphere and to vocally support our team - I appreciate some don’t want to sing but they can’t even be arsed to put their hands together to join in and help the support 

:grr:

I sit in S82 and i thought the atmosphere in there tonight was one of the worse its been all season. But on the other hand i only really heard wolves after there second goal went in. So i think both fans really couldn't get into it with the magnitude of the game it was proper tense. On the other hand I've seen a lot of faces in S82 last 3 or 4 weeks who i ain't seen in there before and most of which don't join in with the signing which don't help.

17 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

You can see the S82 efforts spreading along SS

Wpuld be good to have Sec 82 in the Dolman Block nearest them - would help / change the Dolman a fair degree IMHO

Like the side view from Dolman but think I may try and move to SS near Sec 82 next season 

The main reason I go to live be football is The atmosphere and to vocally support our team - I appreciate some don’t want to sing but they can’t even be arsed to put their hands together to join in and help the support 

:grr:

Went in S24 earlier this year. Definitely would recommend that as the best place nearest S82, spreads across excellently IMO. Get high up too if you can, again that all helps.

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

If we had Blocks A & B of the Dolman anything like it was in late 80’s / 90s We’d be rocking it

Some of the apathy to make any noise at all, amongst many in the Dolman these days is nauseating

Dolman B block years ago had some proper noise in it as well as plenty of loons with many a witty putdown or verbal aside. After the EE, become my area of choice, always a laugh and a song, especially on the back row. Bet it's not like that now.

I reckon A & B block still have their moments. Everyone along back row still seems to stand for a start- wouldn't surprise me if a proportion of those were veterans.

Myself, started going late 1998- in Atyeo for most of my time at AG, but from there seem to recall they were among the noisier bits of the ground at that stage- or is my memory playing tricks?

Archived