IGNORED

The official Bristol City FC v Queens Park Rangers FC match day thread

Septic Peg

Great great win and everybody played their part, Diedhiou took his goal well as did Bryan, I thought Pack was incredibly disciplined after the sending off and protected the back 3/4 well, Smith was lively all of the game, I can see exactly why LJ says Diony is suited to the English game, if we can play him and Diedhiou up front with Reid tucked in behind my god what a handful.

LJ got his subs spot on and a special mention for Magnússon I am personally not a fan but I thought he played his part in what would have been a nervous scenario for him.

It wasn't easy playing in a game officiated by 3 officials who are as bad as you find anywhere in the English leagues, they were shocking.

QPR are a poor side full of whingers and whiners, I heard to chant of "you're getting sacked in the morning" but I think a chant of "can we play you every week" was just as appropriate.

Very happy tonight.

Very impressive. Calm and collected. Did what we had to. Could easily have been 3 with Bobby's chance. 

QPR looked very poor but you can only beat what is front of you. I can't recall many comfortable wins with 10 men. A neutral would have said that was one of them. Could be a very significant win come the end of the season. Would have been easy for heads to drop. Most impressed!

1 minute ago, ZiderEyed said:

Good win.

Stick that up your boney, pale arse til it touches a lung you sad gas bastard.

Is it bad that I was looking at this game at Bristol City vs Holloway FC?

Did you manage to get a good stream?  I had cricfree on and had to refresh a few times, but not bad overall.

Just now, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Did you manage to get a good stream?  I had cricfree on and had to refresh a few times, but not bad overall.

Yeah used cricfree, German stream.

Breath of fresh air actually, commentator barely spoke and only did so when an important decision/moment happened.

That might just go down as the most important and impressive 3pts of the season, easy to get side tracked by the 2 games against Man Blue and the last min loss against Wolves, the dismal display against Villa and the home defeat to Norwich, to show courage and determination and teamwork to get back on track with 10men....would've been easy to feel sorry for themselves but sleeves rolled up, got on with it and a top result, irrespective of performance and the opposition.....fair play boys!!

Hopefully that result gets Hollowhead the sack too, also rubs the noses of the sad sags in it too - winning away, hearing that the Reds are down to 10 men and still winning, just can't keep this team down. Mind the gap!!

32 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Great great win and everybody played their part, Diedhiou took his goal well as did Bryan, I thought Pack was incredibly disciplined after the sending off and protected the back 3/4 well, Smith was lively all of the game, I can see exactly why LJ says Diony is suited to the English game, if we can play him and Diedhiou up front with Reid tucked in behind my god what a handful.

LJ got his subs spot on and a special mention for Magnússon I am personally not a fan but I thought he played his part in what would have been a nervous scenario for him.

It wasn't easy playing in a game officiated by 3 officials who are as bad as you find anywhere in the English leagues, they were shocking.

QPR are a poor side full of whingers and whiners, I heard to chant of "you're getting sacked in the morning" but I think a chant of "can we play you every week" was just as appropriate.

Very happy tonight.

S22 - S25 were crucifying Hollowhead all afternoon, but if I were he I’d be more concerned about P45...

Great to see us break the back of a ‘bad’ run in the league with a against-the-odds win such as this, and demonstrates the spirit and quality of this team.

Onwards and upwards hopefully now; hope we can roll this on into the game against Bolton and Sunderland and give ourselves a chance to make the race for second competitive.

Proud of the team tonight.

COYR!

Views from QPR Forum. 

Game:

This may be the most embarrassing result of the season. Theyve looked so much better than us in every department even with 10 men. This isn't down to money, this isn't down to confidence. This is just pure utter dog sh*t

Still we haven’t registered a shot on goal really pathetic!! Against 10 that is embarrassing!! 

Q. How much must Luke Freeman be regretting his move from Bristol C? 
A. Almost as much as Smithies for leaving Huddersfield.

Bristol City have a very small squad, played Man City in the week, had 10 men for an hour and we barely laid a glove on them. Embarrassing performance and feel sorry for the 1,100 R's in attendance.

Sending off:
Deserved red I thought - went in off his feet with no chance of winning the ball.

Seemed harsh to me.

Awful tackle that was

Was that really a red card challenge?

Horribly late and at that pace a dangerous one.

Red card - at speed, at distance, not in control, both feet off the floor - red card all day long and all day tomorrow as well!

4 minutes ago, BCFC Richard said:

Views from QPR Forum. 

Game:

This may be the most embarrassing result of the season. Theyve looked so much better than us in every department even with 10 men. This isn't down to money, this isn't down to confidence. This is just pure utter dog sh*t

Still we haven’t registered a shot on goal really pathetic!! Against 10 that is embarrassing!! 

Q. How much must Luke Freeman be regretting his move from Bristol C? 
A. Almost as much as Smithies for leaving Huddersfield.

Bristol City have a very small squad, played Man City in the week, had 10 men for an hour and we barely laid a glove on them. Embarrassing performance and feel sorry for the 1,100 R's in attendance.

Sending off:
Deserved red I thought - went in off his feet with no chance of winning the ball.

Seemed harsh to me.

Awful tackle that was

Was that really a red card challenge?

Horribly late and at that pace a dangerous one.

Red card - at speed, at distance, not in control, both feet off the floor - red card all day long and all day tomorrow as well!

Freeman has the talent but I'm not sure he would ever have reached the fitness levels needed for the high energy game we play.

LJ didn't seem terribly bothered when he left. He certainly wouldn't get into our side now.

Great performance by the lads today, particularly with 10 men. But can’t the singing section stop fixating on the SAGS who are not in our division, and when will we come up with something more original than the tired old originally ‘peter reid’ chant to have a go at Holloway. I find the constant reference after all these years embarrassing. 

Archived