IGNORED

The official Bristol City FC v Queens Park Rangers FC match day thread

Septic Peg

Good performance, great result.  Nice to see Fam back on the scoresheet, you can tell he isn't 100% sharp yet but he made a real difference.

Strong performances all round, Baker's moment of idiocy aside.  LJ did very well tactically with his changes.

QPR looked like a typical Holloway side, confused, scared, and shit.  

Back on track!

1 hour ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Great performance by the lads today, particularly with 10 men. But can’t the singing section stop fixating on the SAGS who are not in our division, and when will we come up with something more original than the tired old originally ‘peter reid’ chant to have a go at Holloway. I find the constant reference after all these years embarrassing. 

I was thinking the same. It's great that we have a section who keep up the singing all game, it's just a shame that their songs are rarely motivational to the team.

1 hour ago, Keith Welch said:

Special mention for Korey Smith who was excellent again.

Am I the only person who thinks he's our player of the season so far?

The engine in our midfield. Look how the game changed when we put him back in midfield. 

7 hours ago, MCFC said:

Fantastic win, seeing as you were down to ten men for a long time, well done.

think playing you could have hurt the players confidence, instead I think it has inspired them to become the man city of the championship, perhaps in losing to you we are the winners.

5 hours ago, Keith Welch said:

Special mention for Korey Smith who was excellent again.

Am I the only person who thinks he's our player of the season so far?

Smith was easily MoM today, though Bryan and the rest weren't far behind. One hell of a gutsy performance following Baker's out of character aberration. Just how pleasing is it now we've strikers back up front? Proper job boys.

7 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I mean this in the nicest way possible - why are you still here?! Have we become your second team?!

Haha! I'm interested to see how you do for the rest of the season, as I have previously said, I hope you come up this season.

3 minutes ago, MCFC said:

Haha! I'm interested to see how you do for the rest of the season, as I have previously said, I hope you come up this season.

Cheers mate, I think we'll do it this season. We've finally stopped our league rot and here's hoping we get a few more to help us reach that goal.

For all the Man City fun and excitement, this was the game, the real game of the season. Winning it was essential, winning with ten men says we are very much in the hunt for that second automatic place. Having got two high level strikers available will be the enormous boost we needed . The team know that if they play to the level they did against Man city, they will be very close to promotion at seasons end.

Fama what a wonderful wonderful goal. 

3 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

We have it all to go up . The talent and perhaps just as importantly the heart to win .

I honestly believe we are the best team in this League . 

Hmmm. Wolves?

I guess if you mean in terms of spirit and willingness to fight for each other you might have a point, but that's so hard to gauge.

On pure talent we're certainly not the best team in the league.

11 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Hmmm. Wolves?

I guess if you mean in terms of spirit and willingness to fight for each other you might have a point, but that's so hard to gauge.

On pure talent we're certainly not the best team in the league.

He means that we are more than the sum of our parts.

Wolves have lots of outstanding players who don't necessarily need to be more than their sum to be where they are.

30 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

He means that we are more than the sum of our parts.

Wolves have lots of outstanding players who don't necessarily need to be more than their sum to be where they are.

If you take the value of the impending FFP fine out of the wolves team I'd say we were better :whistle:

Archived