IGNORED

Substitutions

MC RISK77

1 minute ago, cityexile said:

Yep, our bench suddenly looks so much better than even a couple of weeks ago. Going to be a blow missing Baker for three weeks, but hopefully if we can keep everyone until the end of the window, we end it much stronger than we started it.

Think we might well appeal.

24 minutes ago, cityboy99 said:

Praise not just LJ for that but also JM and DH as they all have a say i imagine so well done to all the coaching staff today great substitutes and tactics.  

We do indeed have a fine and united coaching team attuned to the modern game. Lee is very much first among equals.

30 minutes ago, cityboy99 said:

Praise not just LJ for that but also JM and DH as they all have a say i imagine so well done to all the coaching staff today great substitutes and tactics.  

It’s really weird when people say this so regularly - I don’t think I’ve ever seen it before under previous coaching setups. I guess it’s a subtle attempt to discredit Johnson.

Essentially it’s LJ who decides which coaching staff to employ so he must take the biggest share of the plaudits. I’m sure they all do a good job though - just remember a year ago poor old Holden was some sort of Jonah to many!

5 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

Have said it for weeks. 3.5.2 is our best formation with Josh and Joe as wingbacks. Gives us the extra Man in midfield and two strikers. 

Was thinking about this earlier and I am in agreement....farmmy and Diony could be beasts up front now and would free up bobby to join pack and Smith in midfield...think you are onto something here and can see it happening

7 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

It’s really weird when people say this so regularly - I don’t think I’ve ever seen it before under previous coaching setups. I guess it’s a subtle attempt to discredit Johnson.

Essentially it’s LJ who decides which coaching staff to employ so he must take the biggest share of the plaudits. I’m sure they all do a good job though - just remember a year ago poor old Holden was some sort of Jonah to many!

12 minutes ago, chinapig said:

We do indeed have a fine and united coaching team attuned to the modern game. Lee is very much first among equals.

Not taking anything away from LJ he ultimately has the final say just wanted to give credit to all the coaching staff at this moment in time.

I was never someone who called for LJ head and was never one to criticise either JM or DH well apart from DH walk away at Brentford pitch last season. It reminded me of Vince McMahon entrance walk from the WWE ha ha

1 minute ago, cityboy99 said:

Not taking anything away from LJ he ultimately has the final say just wanted to give credit to all the coaching staff at this moment in time.

I was never someone who called for LJ head and was never one to criticise either JM or DH well apart from DH walk away at Brentford pitch last season. It reminded me of Vince McMahon entrance walk from the WWE ha ha

Indeed, I was agreeing with you and didn't read your post as criticising Lee. Modern coaching is a team game and you need a range of skills and views.

Lee recognises the contribution Macca and Dean make by having them lead press conferences for instance.

7 minutes ago, cityboy99 said:

c02.gif

Interesting how no pundits were taking notice of Lj a year ago and now they are all joining in with the views on this forum. He is one of the best young managers in England he recruits good staff, handles the media well, deals with idiot players well rotates squad cleverly and is genuinely exceptional!

Oh and SL deserves most praise in the last year for seeing what some but all on here could see as potential.

We just got to keep him if we miss out come April/May

Good substitutions from LJ, it's obvious we're at our best when Korey is in centre midfield and he wanted to get that shape back. 

But bringing Maggers on at 1-0 would have no doubt given him a massive confidence boost as well after mid week. It would have been easy to leave him on the bench and keep Korey at right back, but trusting him in what was going to be an aerial bombardment from QPR hopefully spurs him on.

2 hours ago, Hampshire Red said:

Interesting how no pundits were taking notice of Lj a year ago and now they are all joining in with the views on this forum. He is one of the best young managers in England he recruits good staff, handles the media well, deals with idiot players well rotates squad cleverly and is genuinely exceptional!

Oh and SL deserves most praise in the last year for seeing what some but all on here could see as potential.

We just got to keep him if we miss out come April/May

I totally agree Gary

7 hours ago, GrahamC said:

As usual the unsung hero Bailey Wright did a great job in Baker’s place..

Spoke to Bailey tonight at The Flyers Basketball game - was there with Luke Steele and Jens Hegeler.

He Thought Baker’s Challenge was a yellow, but when I told him that he’d launched himself, he had a wry smile along the lines of "yes, it was a shocker, but I can’t say it’s a red can I?"

He took responsibility for picking up M.Smith, after Flint got outmuscled by him a couple if times.  Knew he wasn’t gonna sin the header but he is so strong and gets his body in tough positions to stop a striker getting a clean header. Captain’s performance today!

9 hours ago, cityboy99 said:

was never someone who called for LJ head....

Interesting because in a poll on here almost exactly a year ago you voted to ‘sack’ LJ and said ‘you couldn’t understand how he was still in a job after the run we were on’ and ‘no other manager would survive in their job after the run of results we had’...

Sounds like you ‘called for his head’....all these ‘I told you so’ people who reckon they pledged undying support for LJ during our dark times have got very short memories....

11 hours ago, Dman_Red said:

Good substitutions from LJ, it's obvious we're at our best when Korey is in centre midfield and he wanted to get that shape back. 

But bringing Maggers on at 1-0 would have no doubt given him a massive confidence boost as well after mid week. It would have been easy to leave him on the bench and keep Korey at right back, but trusting him in what was going to be an aerial bombardment from QPR hopefully spurs him on.

I thought Mags would have come on straight away, interesting LJ held off until HT.  It's the versatility of the squad that's keeping our season going. We've had no real RB for months and yesterday  we played 3 different players at LCB. As players come back from injury, and get fit we are going to have genuinely good options all over. LJ is going to have some tough choices to make.

8 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Spoke to Bailey tonight at The Flyers Basketball game - was there with Luke Steele and Jens Hegeler.

He Thought Baker’s Challenge was a yellow, but when I told him that he’d launched himself, he had a wry smile along the lines of "yes, it was a shocker, but I can’t say it’s a red can I?"

He took responsibility for picking up M.Smith, after Flint got outmuscled by him a couple if times.  Knew he wasn’t gonna sin the header but he is so strong and gets his body in tough positions to stop a striker getting a clean header. Captain’s performance today!

Good pro, Dave.

If you look back at the 4 signings we made last January, (Djuric, Hegeler, Taylor & him) he has made by far the biggest contribution.

6 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Interesting because in a poll on here almost exactly a year ago you voted to ‘sack’ LJ and said ‘you couldn’t understand how he was still in a job after the run we were on’ and ‘no other manager would survive in their job after the run of results we had’...

Sounds like you ‘called for his head’....all these ‘I told you so’ people who reckon they pledged undying support for LJ during our dark times have got very short memories....

Have a :clap:emoji too.

Archived