IGNORED

VAR - Liverpool v West Brom (Merged)

Lrrr

1 minute ago, hodge said:

To be fair, Barry WAS offside interfering with play and Livermore HAS pulled Salah back preventing him from getting to the cross, arguably two correct decisions. Only thing I would say is it needs to be quicker. 

Not that, the pen and how long it takes.

If I want this I watch American football thanks

1 minute ago, AppyDAZE said:

Not that, the pen and how long it takes.

If I want this I watch American football thanks

I'd say it perhaps needs to only be used a certain amount of times like cricket, also scrap the ref being able to watch it on the screen, if they refer it for VAR it should stay with what the other person says rather than the ref being able to check a tv screen. Otherwise why not just scrap the VAR part and allow refs to check the screen themselves? 

16 minutes ago, hodge said:

I'd say it perhaps needs to only be used a certain amount of times like cricket, also scrap the ref being able to watch it on the screen, if they refer it for VAR it should stay with what the other person says rather than the ref being able to check a tv screen. Otherwise why not just scrap the VAR part and allow refs to check the screen themselves? 

Yea they should do it like the third umpire at cricket who makes the call. Have replays on screens in the ground so fans know what’s happening and can get involved. Perhaps even 2 ‘appeals’ per team like cricket, led by the team captain! 

13 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Absolute turd. Also kills the most amazing thing about football and that's celebrating a goal. 

As a fan you have no real idea what is going on. Equally, a lot of decisions are still subjective - watching the second Wigan goal today the handball for the penalty is extremely harsh on the West Ham player, it just comes down to judgement. It is better to get more decisions right I guess, but overall not a huge fan. Even watching it today, I would have booked the Liverpool player for diving.

2 minutes ago, !james said:

Danny Baker summing it up nicely:

Does he support either team involved? If not I'd rather hear his thoughts when his team is involved. Say we had been in a position to get through in the semi final and then screwed out of the league cup final by a ref decision which would have been turned over by VAR, how many people's first response would be 'oh well'? I imagine the most would have been annoyed/angry we didn't have VAR and were screwed by a bad decision. 

If it is going to stay need to make it similar to other sports where there are challenges. 1 challenge per team per half should suffice. Only time a referee should be able to use it is to see if a foul was inside or outside the box or making sure the correct player is sent off. 

6 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

If it is going to stay need to make it similar to other sports where there are challenges. 1 challenge per team per half should suffice. Only time a referee should be able to use it is to see if a foul was inside or outside the box or making sure the correct player is sent off. 

Going to give it time and see how it settles down I guess. Don't mind it for factual things like off side and whatever when a goal has been scored. Just think we are going to get to a stage where players will surround refs more and more to get them to look at the VAR. There is no way in my mind Salah went down in any way reasonably from the challenge for instance for the penalty. How many times from a corner are players blocked, have arms around them etc. Looking at each one frame by frame would be ridiculous.

Archived