IGNORED

VAR - Liverpool v West Brom (Merged)

Lrrr

4 minutes ago, Maltshoveller said:

Cant agree 100%

Not every touch makes you fall over 

Football is/was a contact sport

When a player exaggerates a fall He is trying to get a pen or a player booked or sent off

Exaggerating is still cheating in my eyes

I agree but I think VAR  should be used for this because it’s too difficult for refs to see In real time.  In this case repeated viewings will show the level and of contact. It does work. 

11 minutes ago, Maltshoveller said:

Cant agree 100%

Not every touch makes you fall over 

Football is/was a contact sport

When a player exaggerates a fall He is trying to get a pen or a player booked or sent off

Exaggerating is still cheating in my eyes

out of likes,  i LIKE this comment

4 minutes ago, Kingswood Robin said:

If that's the future, they can stick it. I'd rather stick with the man with the whistle mostly getting right.

Or wrong. Every var decision was correct and was mostly overturning original incorrect decisions. They will improve it because they are committed to it and can now work on fluency which was a real problem tonight. 

13 minutes ago, redfieldred said:

Or wrong. Every var decision was correct and was mostly overturning original incorrect decisions. They will improve it because they are committed to it and can now work on fluency which was a real problem tonight. 

There are far more correct decisions than wrong ones. This needs to improve massively before it can be called in anyway good

1 hour ago, ZiderEyed said:

Fear this won't be binned. I'd rather have Stroud and bad decisions than watch the life get sucked out of football.

This is the end of the beautiful game as a live spectator sport. 

Really? You’re being a bit OTT. She’d Utd are through in the cup due to a terrible penalty decision. Is that a beautiful thing. I don’t think so. 

2 hours ago, Maltshoveller said:

Should only be used for black and white stuff only

Was the ball over the line

Was he off side 

Hawk-Eye already does ball over the line and if players where the right chip on boots and tops can also do offside. And it can do it virtually instantly so VAR is not needed for any of those decisions. 

The whole VAR thing shows me how much (for me anyway) the mistakes are part of the game, part of the entertainment. In all the games that its been in, all I find myself looking for is stories about it being inaccurate. I'm actively looking for it to be dramatic and inaccurate like normal Ref decisions. 

Only just watched the pen. How , when your shoulder/shirt is gently pulled back, do your feet fly out backwards.  That for me is a soft pen, and plying into the hands of players exaggerating an incident. If that's a pen, and on MotD everyone thinks it was, a game with VAR and shirt pulling at corners would last a week.

2 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Only just watched the pen. How , when your shoulder/shirt is gently pulled back, do your feet fly out backwards.  That for me is a soft pen, and plying into the hands of players exaggerating an incident. If that's a pen, and on MotD everyone thinks it was, a game with VAR and shirt pulling at corners would last a week.

Just encourages more diving for me. There is not a chance there was enough force for him react the way he did. 

I just see more players as soon as they feel a hand throwing themselves to the floor demanding VAR. 

17 minutes ago, winterbournered said:

Just encourages more diving for me. There is not a chance there was enough force for him react the way he did. 

I just see more players as soon as they feel a hand throwing themselves to the floor demanding VAR. 

Absolutely , go back to the Derby non Pen. It can only be exaggeration that stops the ref giving it, makes it look a dive. I was hoping this would start to show up exaggeration.As I said a hand on the shoulder does not make your legs fly up in the air.

13 hours ago, tommy32 said:

Yea they should do it like the third umpire at cricket who makes the call. Have replays on screens in the ground so fans know what’s happening and can get involved. Perhaps even 2 ‘appeals’ per team like cricket, led by the team captain! 

Or...... just don’t bother, and leave football as football.

It’s not a razzmatazz fun day out.

Its 90 minutes of passion, desire, skill, mistakes, blunders, sweat and tears.

Lets leave it like that.

14 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

Gonna kill the game. Go away!

One "studio expert" reckons the time will come when Refs will not make any immediate decision. Instead every aspect of eavery game will be referred upstairs.

14 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Or...... just don’t bother, and leave football as football.

It’s not a razzmatazz fun day out.

Its 90 minutes of passion, desire, skill, mistakes, blunders, sweat and tears.

Lets leave it like that.

Totally agree but if the authorities are intent on using in then it needs to be improved. 

Archived