IGNORED

I presume we are all Millwall fans on Tuesday night?

Never to the dark side

10 hours ago, RedBrizzleRobin said:

Just a hunch, almost all teams form tends to dove tail somewhat, they'll hit a sticky patch at somepoint (imo sooner rather than later), or if they continue their current form they'll end up running off with second spot and I just dont see any team running away with second.

I like your hunch, hope it comes through!

10 hours ago, RedBrizzleRobin said:

Just a hunch, almost all teams form tends to dove tail somewhat, they'll hit a sticky patch at somepoint (imo sooner rather than later), or if they continue their current form they'll end up running off with second spot and I just dont see any team running away with second.

Maybe Wolves will hit the skids too for a while.

They haven't had a bad patch yet have they? Though their gap is probably already making promotion almost certain, all sides tend to have a bad spell. If they have theirs sometime during the run-in and sides around them are on a run...well anything can happen...pressure does funny things to otherwise cruising sides.

Very little mention of Cardiff in this thread.  The commonly held theory seems to be that they are a poor side and will fall away, and I understand that to a point.  But you don't accidentally get to 51 points from 28 games, their form - like ours - has recovered a little with 4 points from the last 2 games, and they are managed by Warnock, who isn't exactly unfamiliar with Championship promotions.  I think there is a danger of counting them out too early.

5 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Very little mention of Cardiff in this thread.  The commonly held theory seems to be that they are a poor side and will fall away, and I understand that to a point.  But you don't accidentally get to 51 points from 28 games, their form - like ours - has recovered a little with 4 points from the last 2 games, and they are managed by Warnock, who isn't exactly unfamiliar with Championship promotions.  I think there is a danger of counting them out too early.

True. But I watch them and think they are utter donkey s**t, and il never know how they are where they are. Its a complete bloody mystery. 

7 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Absolutely agree.

They have had one of the most secure defences- that's taken a bit of a hit- but in terms of chances allowed, defensive and midfield structure has generally helped them be up there thusfar- that structure won't crumble, nor will Colin's knowhow.

8 minutes ago, hoxton casual said:

For me Villa are the big threat and Fulham,  If they hang on to Sessegnon and Cairney and dont buy Freeman :whistle:

Yep think it will be Wolves and Villa. Anyone down to Brentford still have a shout at the playoffs.

19 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Think you're right unfortunately. Can't see them slipping out of it any time soon and Colin knows what it takes to stick it out for the duration. Looks as though they might be signing Grabban as well which will only add to their push. Hope we're wrong and they drop like a stone but can't see it. Massive game at theirs come end of Feb - will be one to savour hopefully!  

Archived