IGNORED

Tubby T to Forest

The Original OTIB

2 minutes ago, petehinton said:

My brother in law’s family are part of the backroom staff at Forest & they’re working on 4 signings before the end of the day

Sounds cool, so I'm guessing:

Signing 1: Lee Tomlin

Signing 2: Lee Tomlin's ego

Signing 3: Lee Tomlin's gut

Signing 4: A N Other (Lee Tomlin's nanny maybe)

1 hour ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Tubby Morton?

Must be in his 60s now, had no chance when they signed Charlie Carter!

1 hour ago, Septic Peg said:

Swapsies with Ward according to HITC on Twitter...

Only a few weeks ago, Warnock was singing his praises...

I wonder what's happened?? Hmmmm... :whistle:

Trying the Johnson tactic of bugging up a player when you want rid.

22 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Sounds cool, so I'm guessing:

Signing 1: Lee Tomlin

Signing 2: Lee Tomlin's ego

Signing 3: Lee Tomlin's gut

Signing 4: A N Other (Lee Tomlin's nanny maybe)

#4 The loyal love obviously 

1 hour ago, Fordy62 said:

Competition time:

i challenge anyone to name a player who’s more likely to ‘have a party’ than Lee Tomlin. 

JET? So much of this thread could have been written about him too. Where is he now, I honestly don’t know?

1 minute ago, RedM said:

JET? So much of this thread could have been written about him too. Where is he now, I honestly don’t know?

QPR. Played for their U23s very recently. Apparently the club have been trying to secure him a move away. Barely featured at all for them if I remember correctly. Signed on a free then had a few loan spells in League One; even they weren't too successful.

7 minutes ago, RedM said:

Still at QPR I believe. Such a shame, one of my favourite players I've watched. Only just 27 too so in theory he's got a fair bit of time to make the most of his career.. don't think there's any prospect of that happening somehow!

2 hours ago, petehinton said:

My brother in law’s family are part of the backroom staff at Forest & they’re working on 4 signings before the end of the day

Tomlin, his butcher, his baker and his new nanny.

27 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Still at QPR I believe. Such a shame, one of my favourite players I've watched. Only just 27 too so in theory he's got a fair bit of time to make the most of his career.. don't think there's any prospect of that happening somehow!

IMO the big difference between LT and JET is that JET is so much more likeable and the other players were happy to `carry` him on occasions because he`s such a nice bloke without a malicious bone in his body.

Tomlin on the other hand......................................

42 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Didn’t even have a squad number in the programme on Saturday...

If the Forest move goes ahead for Tomlin (even a loan) it baffles me that another club is prepared to take a chance on this bloke.

Bournemouth couldn't wait to get rid, anyone who followed Championship football would assume we had trouble with him and Cardiff haven't given him more than a handful of starts since September despite paying £2M to £3M - their marquee summer signing.

Desperation maybe but why do Forest think they'll be able to get him playing?

I was absolutely amazed that we were able to get rid of him without paying up his contract. And yet there is at least one club more naive than Cardiff who are prepared to pay an inflated wage for a bench warmer with 'a high rib cage'. Quite incredible.

54 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Had a long chat with a QPR fan at the fan zone last week.  Yes, still drawing his salary and not playing in any team at QPR. All a bit strange really. Seems he has issues that never really surfaced here. Such a popular player held in high regard by the majority here it seems such a waste that his playing career will simply fizzle out. 

Like Tomlin on his day he was unplayable, who will ever forget that goal against the Gas.

Hey ho onwards and upwards 

JET - seems he reappeared in U23 games in the last few weeks but ultimately he is just winding down his contract until the summer I expect. 

Cant imagine he ends up anywhere as a free agent, he certainly doesn’t seem to suggest he is that interested in football from his public attitude / performances since leaving us. 

Archived