IGNORED

Tubby T to Forest

The Original OTIB

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

Was there ever a player more laid back and confident than JET.

You would always back him to score when he had a chance .

It's a shame that he hasn't graced the history of football . He could have been one of the very best. 

Signing Emmanuel-Thomas was one of the few highlights of Sean O'Driscoll's time at BCFC.

In terms of performances, I'm sure we saw JET's best footballing years.  He did well in short bursts at other clubs (eg tearing us a new one while at Doncaster) but Steve Cotterill managed him through his most consistent and influential seasons.

He scored as many goals for us as nearly all his other professional clubs combined.

It's really easy to imagine what "might have been" but JET's two years at City will almost certainly be the most successful of his football playing career.

On 2/1/2018 at 14:53, Olé said:

But that assumes everyone sees success as an endless quest. Or more specifically, everyone feels they need to make good the value their talent can earn them.

What if a League One salary and adulation is more than enough to keep some players happy? What if even meagre success is a massive enough step for them.

If we assume footballers would want to make the most of their own abilities, why don't we assume ourselves and our peers should make the most of our work?

Plenty will reach a salary/life they're content with, even though they could go further with hard work or relocation. Perhaps JET has enough money to be happy.

(Think we're still agreeing, I'm just labouring this parallel as a justification for some players to not make any more of their careers...)

Good point,  O.  I see myself as the JET of digital consultancy - bags of talent but happy not to reach for the stars at the expense of family, health and humanity!  :whistle:  Oh and there's the £50 a night DJing gigs too! :laughcont:

51 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

like Tubby and our very own Rob (Olé), JET sells titfers ... 

Just look at his prices. Like Tubby's Loyal Love crap, obviously professional footballers are in need of a big profit margin.

From the look of them, he is using cheap cap stock, untagged or stickered, single colour thread - cost to him probably £6. 

Pathetic really. Quick plug: SB stuff done at zero profit, often at a loss - always at cost price to anyone in the Spanish Bar.

Archived