IGNORED

Legal action against WMP

Globe Trotter

I remember going away at Wolves about 10 years ago, the police made EVERYONE walk back to the Train Station. Man with his young son said "my car is over there" and pointed to a car park, but he had to go to the train station for "his own safety", then walk back on his own. We got to the station and the doors were locked (assume they were told to lock them by the police). So a huge crowd were now getting pushed by the police from the back and I was waiting for the doors to go through with the sheer pressure. The police just wanted someone to have a pop at them so they could get heavy handed.

I hope this makes it to court, but I doubt it will make it if it seriously will make them look terrible.

7 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Funny thing.

In the 1970's they had a serious crime squad...fairly sure it was shut down for corruption etc.

Tells its own story.

Correct! After the IRA planted bombs in Birmingham the WMP stopped a minibus carrying six Irish men. The evidence found on them sent all six to jail, only for them to be released MANY years later when it was proved none had in Birmingham that day.

5 minutes ago, wood_red said:

I remember going away at Wolves about 10 years ago, the police made EVERYONE walk back to the Train Station. Man with his young son said "my car is over there" and pointed to a car park, but he had to go to the train station for "his own safety", then walk back on his own. We got to the station and the doors were locked (assume they were told to lock them by the police). So a huge crowd were now getting pushed by the police from the back and I was waiting for the doors to go through with the sheer pressure. The police just wanted someone to have a pop at them so they could get heavy handed.

I hope this makes it to court, but I doubt it will make it if it seriously will make them look terrible.

We have had the same issue in Sweden. Football fans treated as a "unit". Do the same to people attending the opera for one single person not behaving and you will have your fish very, very, very hot.

1 hour ago, bristolcitysweden said:

I have no complaints with them and we have had issues. They have always been more than correct and very friendly.

I trust far more officers are like them than the odd nuts you met up with.   

If we're talking about the police in general then I agree. Most are a credit to their profession. 

Not WMP though.

4 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

We have had the same issue in Sweden. Football fans treated as a "unit". Do the same to people attending the opera for one single person not behaving and you will have your fish very, very, very hot.

Haha, not sure what that means Tommy, but I am going to steel the phrase from now on.

Anyway, is there any football fan in the land that has not seen how his corrupt force operates. I only hope that this force gets such a severe public arse kicking that the senior officers come to their senses and change their ways. I used to travel a lot with City in the past, and the WMP were, and still are the only force that I have ever come across that actually enjoy antagonising ordinary football fans.

I had thought the WMP must have cleaned up their act by now but this story suggests otherwise and come to think of it they were pretty heavy handed with us when we had a cup game there 5/6 years ago..

In the past I have had to hitch a lift home from Walsall after the nicked everyone bar me and one other on our hired mini bus (when the copper asked me if I wanted to be nicked as well and I said no he said 'Well **** off now then}, seen them go down a line of parked mini buses at Birmingham and arrest one person from every bus, been refused entry for being drunk at Walsall when I hadn't touched a drop of alcohol for a week (I managed to get in  at a different turnstile) and also seen several mates arrested on our coach at Birmingham after it had been attacked - luckily we managed to get a few witnesses and the magistrate dismissed the charges.

Good luck to the 10.

26 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

If we're talking about the police in general then I agree. Most are a credit to their profession. 

Not WMP though.

Maybe we was lucky. On the way from Burton to Bristol with two pint glasses in between the front seats of the car and with people running all over the place for the 36 pint bag in box of real ale from Burton brewery at the rear and being poorly parked we was happy to meet up with two football fans from Birmingham supporting different teams travelling in a black BMW. Great people! 

1 hour ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I had thought the WMP must have cleaned up their act by now but this story suggests otherwise and come to think of it they were pretty heavy handed with us when we had a cup game there 5/6 years ago..

In the past I have had to hitch a lift home from Walsall after the nicked everyone bar me and one other on our hired mini bus (when the copper asked me if I wanted to be nicked as well and I said no he said 'Well **** off now then}, seen them go down a line of parked mini buses at Birmingham and arrest one person from every bus, been refused entry for being drunk at Walsall when I hadn't touched a drop of alcohol for a week (I managed to get in  at a different turnstile) and also seen several mates arrested on our coach at Birmingham after it had been attacked - luckily we managed to get a few witnesses and the magistrate dismissed the charges.

Good luck to the 10.

Personally I think it comes down to  one point, money. The majority of police who are employed for football are generally on overtime , if there’s no trouble, few arrests then the need for large police presence isn’t required. Reduction in overtime. Plus I believe the clubs pay the policing around the ground, I know Leeds challenged the bill they received from West Yorkshire police. It’s an open chequebook

Compare WMP to say Tyne & Wear during Sunderland away and its a different world. And more away fans wouldve stayed the night at least and on it. Well we and many many more did and no bother in fact banter with the fuzz. Birmingham is complete flip of the coin for what for most is a day trip. Honestly uneccessary agro and the attitude from them was distgusting. Football traffic as scum was there attitude. Stuck very much in the 70s im afraid.

3 hours ago, wood_red said:

I think before that same game a **** police officer threatened to arrest me because I could not show him my ticket as my mate had it in his wallet - absolute tossers

6 hours ago, GasDestroyer said:

When I came out the Dolman after Man City home game, they (A&S) were in 4 lines across the road sabre rattling just looking for an “off”. Talk about intimidatory policing.

There was absolutely no sign of trouble, pre, during or post match.

Infact AG is a pretty peaceful place nowadays, so why the “big I am” approach from these plebs? 

Even video evidence (Millwall fan incident is on YouTube) ain’t enough to get action against them apparently.

On Winterstoke Rd I over heard a copper saying something along the lines of "I can't wait for it to kick off" in a excited manner.

10 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

Just to say (and I can’t say too much whilst the case is yet to go to court) but we have some VERY strong evidence and witnesses in our favour, should this end up needing to go all the way to court. 

Surely it is better if it goes to court? Settling out of court, again lets the police win really.

A few seasons ago a Police car followed a group of us from the orchard to the wall by the rising sun. Sat in their car staring at us for 30 minutes and said nothing. Then as we walked into the ground sped up by the side of us along with 3 horses and a riot van. Took all of our details and wanted to see our tickets. Gave 2 people 24 hour banning orders for "swearing" while on the wall and  ended up arresting one for arguing against it, which went all the way to court and the police didn't turn up twice so was dropped. 

Complete jobsworths if we hadn't been going into the ground they wouldn't of done anything just getting their football figures up. 

31 minutes ago, AshtonPark said:

Surely it is better if it goes to court? Settling out of court, again lets the police win really.

If I had taken it this far I wouldn't want a few quid settled outside of court, I would want my day in court and make headlines across the country. If you have very strong evidence and make it to court, you could change the way football fans are treated in the future at fixtures. Have your day in court and you could make a little bit of football history in my opinion.

4 minutes ago, sodburyred said:

A few seasons ago a Police car followed a group of us from the orchard to the wall by the rising sun. Sat in their car staring at us for 30 minutes and said nothing. Then as we walked into the ground sped up by the side of us along with 3 horses and a riot van. Took all of our details and wanted to see our tickets. Gave 2 people 24 hour banning orders for "swearing" while on the wall and  ended up arresting one for arguing against it, which went all the way to court and the police didn't turn up twice so was dropped. 

Complete jobsworths if we hadn't been going into the ground they wouldn't of done anything just getting their football figures up. 

If they don't keep their "arrest figures" up, they are not needed and they don't have a job do they.......

48 minutes ago, AshtonPark said:

I agree, and hope it does. It’s up to the 10 individuals, should any kind of financial “sorry” be offered, whether they want to take that or not though. 

21 hours ago, Monkeh said:

WMP are asshats and power mad,

That's always been my impression up there. Some truly disgusting human beings among them. Am hoping any court case will reveal the smallness of their penises and the largeness of the chips on their shoulders. 

Take the b*stards to Court, have your day in Court, national headlines, embarrassment, negative press, another nail in there coffin, will also encourage others to take mistreatment of human rights to Court in future.

From what I heard last night, WMP are in deep shit if this is correct!

Archived