IGNORED

Legal action against WMP

Globe Trotter

3 hours ago, GasDestroyer said:

Take the b*stards to Court, have your day in Court, national headlines, embarrassment, negative press, another nail in there coffin, will also encourage others to take mistreatment of human rights to Court in future.

From what I heard last night, WMP are in deep shit if this is correct!

If it goes to court, you can bet your ******* life there will be a LOT of other complaints made about the WMP. We're not the only football club in the country they've harassed, mind. They're ******.

11 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

If it goes to court, you can bet your ******* life there will be a LOT of other complaints made about the WMP. We're not the only football club in the country they've harassed, mind. They're ******.

Agree! Sucks my p*ss the way they treat you.

Went to the Birmingham game ref the 10, and that was out of order. Not the 1st time.

And it happens down AG also!

i was one of the chaps caught up in this fiasco well i say chap im 65 yrs old but some reason or another im deemed high a risk fan, so i had to call a end to my court case against wmp , isit  because im well known in the fooball world, because i wasnt high risk drinking in the pub before hand or the week before or the next week strange dont you think also a good friend ofmine   whose known as H got the same letter as me good luck to the rest of the chaps....................          up the city

I did a little reading on this at weekend. Not this case but this issue in general.

To my mind, cost permitting (the costs of bringing a case with the necessary levels of funding could be prohibitive possibly, but then I don't know- I'm not a lawyer). That aside though, definitely I hope it goes to court.

People may already know this already I dunno- it's not an area of my expertise, but anyway I found it quite useful and interesting.

Definitions of risk and non-risk supporters

The European Union provides the following definitions for risk and non-risk supporters (see Council Resolution OJC/322):

• risk supporter – a person, known or not, who can be regarded as posing a possible risk to public order or antisocial behaviour, whether planned or spontaneous, at or in connection with a football event
  • non-risk supporter – a person, known or not, who can be regarded as posing no risk to the cause of or contribution to violence or disorder, whether planned or spontaneous, at or in connection with a football event.

It is essential that the risk in relation to individuals and groups is quantifiable and dynamically assessed.  The description of a group or individual as ‘risk’ is not sufficient on its own, there must be a specific reference to the actual risk posed by individuals or groups. The risk supporter checklist provides three specific categories (public order, public safety and criminal activity) that are further subdivided in order to give a specific indication of the risk posed. It is important that this template is used in the compilation of pre-match intelligence reports so that informed decisions can be made in the planning process.

Archived