IGNORED

Cardiff Home End

BCFC1512

9 minutes ago, JulieH said:

The decision re ticket allocation was taken with sag, police and club officials around the table . 

I am at a loss to think that city fans on here truly believe that the police knew disorder would increase as a result of reduced allocation. 

It is a natural consequence that fans would seek tickets in other areas. That is very naive and if those bodies did not know they reasonably ought to have known it. 

The risk of disorder increases only with the risk of away fans buying in home areas, not a decision made a number of weeks ago by all involved parties to limit away ticket sales .

They are linked. Away fans wouldn't choose to sit in the home areas if afforded a choice. That choice was de facto taken away. 

when purchasing tickets part of the conditions of sale in very small print is that you buy the ticket for the area of the stadium for which team you support, Bristol city have monitored and referred to this rule when Leeds and Birmingham both played here and many people lost money and wasted a day travelling to find the ticket at the turnstiles had already been blocked . 

we know, but if everyone complied with terms and conditions- or the law - the police wouldn't have a job. It should come as no surprise then people don't always do what they are told, that is why the force exists. 

7 minutes ago, KevP said:

Then respectfully you've not been attending football matches for as long as many of us to have witnessed these things, and to know exactly how these things can work in "football circles". Rightly or wrongly it happens...

BTW, why has the option to post reactions to your posts "disappeared"...? Eh ??? 

Freedom of speech...... :facepalm:

Simple Question..... why oh why are the Police allowed on this forum? She brings nothing to the table and it is nothing more than a spying exercise....!!

Clearly out of her depth and is seriously lacking in knowledge.

And now we cant react to her posts.... typical police cover up.

9 minutes ago, KevP said:

Then respectfully you've not been attending football matches for as long as many of us to have witnessed these things, and to know exactly how these things can work in "football circles". Rightly or wrongly it happens...

BTW, why has the option to post reactions to your posts "disappeared"...? Eh ??? 

Don’t know why that has happened, I always look forward to my rubbish and snake reactions. Perhaps dolly Marie may be able to reactivate? 

With respect to you after 18 years policing football alone I am in a position to say that disorder increases with the risk of away fans in home areas, it happens and the police and clubs will do all we can to try and stop it before the game . 

2 minutes ago, JulieH said:

Don’t know why that has happened, I always look forward to my rubbish and snake reactions. Perhaps dolly Marie may be able to reactivate? 

With respect to you after 18 years policing football alone I am in a position to say that disorder increases with the risk of away fans in home areas, it happens and the police and clubs will do all we can to try and stop it before the game . 

Bigger attention seeker than @Robbored 

2 minutes ago, JulieH said:

Restricting the number of tickets sold isn’t doing all you can to stop away fans buying tickets for the home sections, in fact you’ve done quite the opposite. 

Given the closeness of the two cities and the links with the areas this was always going to be extremely easy to pick up tickets in the home sections. 

4 minutes ago, JulieH said:

:facepalm::facepalm:   I'm not disputing the fact that disorder increases with the risk of home fans in the away ends....read mine and other posts again. What I'm clearly saying is to REDUCE the allocation INCREASES the chance of disorder by INCREASING the chance of away fans going in the home areas.

And with respect, 18 years is not enough. You're just a rookie.  Try 40+....:clapping:

2 minutes ago, TETBURY MASSIVE said:

Freedom of speech...... :facepalm:

Simple Question..... why oh why are the Police allowed on this forum? She brings nothing to the table and it is nothing more than a spying exercise....!!

Clearly out of her depth and is seriously lacking in knowledge.

And now we cant react to her posts.... typical police cover up.

Again as replied to you before I answer questions asked by fans . When the fans say they don’t want me on here in an offcial capacity then I will leave 

the forum is public , I don’t need to be on here officially to spy, it’s called fan engagement and actually I enjoy trying to help football fans, and meeting those from the forum at games.

you have your opinion on me tetbury but I can assure you my knowledge and experience of policing in football is better than yours! I have previously given you the option of a ride along with football officers which you declined so at this point I think we will agree to disagree on my performance .

i don’t know why the reactions have been turned off, hopefully one of the admin staff can sort it and I can continue to get snakes and rubbish reactions again . 

1 minute ago, JulieH said:

Again as replied to you before I answer questions asked by fans . When the fans say they don’t want me on here in an offcial capacity then I will leave 

the forum is public , I don’t need to be on here officially to spy, it’s called fan engagement and actually I enjoy trying to help football fans, and meeting those from the forum at games.

you have your opinion on me tetbury but I can assure you my knowledge and experience of policing in football is better than yours! I have previously given you the option of a ride along with football officers which you declined so at this point I think we will agree to disagree on my performance .

i don’t know why the reactions have been turned off, hopefully one of the admin staff can sort it and I can continue to get snakes and rubbish reactions again . 

But you don't answer questions.......

I would seriously hope this is the case... being it is your job!! Doesn't mean you are any good at it!! 

I would like to vote that you are not here at all...... So if we set up a poll for all to vote on and the verdict is for you to leave, you will indeed leave?

8 minutes ago, JulieH said:

How can you say your experience blah blah blah is better than Tetburys ?? Do you actually know his line of work ?? Clearly not because if you did you wouldn't be making those statements on a "Public Forum"...:facepalm:

I'd love to be a fly on the wall at one of these "SAG" meetings. Would be interesting to see the logic behind some of the decisions that they make.

As for Julie, I appreciate the work that she does on here, and that she tries her best to answer our questions but really she's between a rock and a hard place. I'm sure she knows damn well that to limit our allocation to 1500 was a joke of a decision made by a bunch of morons that will lead to more problems but she can hardly come out and say that can she? All she can do is remain professional and give the official line and I understand that.

4 minutes ago, KevP said:

How can you say your experience blah blah blah is better than Tetburys ?? Do you actually know his line of work ?? Clearly not because if you did you wouldn't be making those statements on a "Public Forum"...:facepalm:

Exactly.... I bet she is not experienced as I am in my work.... I specialize in making Reptile Tanks.... for snakes.....

pet-snake-small-tank270x224.jpg

34 minutes ago, JulieH said:

But you aren't doing all Julie, that's the point. 

You are on here in a professional capacity. You have acknowledged this thread. The police therefore have Intel that away fans will be in the home areas and Cardiff City FC doesn't have sophisticated ticketing measures to prevent that (hint the excuse for reversing the decision to restrict away tickets!).

Now the police knows it now has two options as I see it:

Keep the knowingly failed policy and attempt to police disorder - which you acknowledged the risk of which increases significantly. Do that and you know not where anyone is and there could be dozens of pockets of disorder all over the stadium. And this entrusts stewards and untrained turnstile operatives to spot potential away fans, in large crowds, in groups entering in their thousands in a short frame of time. 

Alternatively realise containment is best and offer a suitable number of tickets and an amnesty. 

If you pick the first, it's hard to see how that isn't professionally embarrassing at best, negligent otherwise, if disorder happens. 

14 hours ago, 29AR said:

Rather they react sensibly and realise containment is best, so increase capacity and offer an amnesty for those to exchange tickets in the home end. 

That would be what is sensible to prevent a potential disorder. 

Just whack it on the telly.& play the game behind closed doors! ... That'll stuff their home advantage, even things up & piss the boyo's, Colin & Tan right off!   

1 hour ago, JulieH said:

No the police have acknowledged that away fans buying tickets in home areas increases chances of disorder. Big difference . 

Sorry but that is horribly naive considering it's only on police advise/instructions that there was a reduced allocation in the first place, had we been given the same as Cardiff were for AG it's unlikely many would buy a ticket in the home end. 

10 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yep, and coins and bricks and sharpened umbrellas...cops just laughed at us too...

Went there twice. Remember we beat them 3-0 . Absolutely pissed down. My old man put me against the wall at the back. As all sorts of things were being chucked over the wall. Thank god for that umbrella. Raining coins . :englandsmile4wf:

10 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

Famously bad. Bottles of piss wasn't it?

And darts.

Don't forget the darts.

Great days back then - not.

I have 100% confidence that Heddlu and A+S want disorder to make this a permanent bubble.

I have great respect for the Police - but my god, you blokes really like to mix it up at the Football.

Genuine question - how many Bristol/South Wales Police are working overtime for this game?

People will want to go to the game, if they can’t get a ticket in the away end they will get them in the home end. It is naive by the SAG at any club to assume that by limiting the tickets people will say ‘oh dear, never mind I’ll give it a miss’. This will be seen as an opportunity to try to get one over on the SAG, Police and Cardiff fans. A dangerous situation they have created for sure.

31 minutes ago, KevP said:

I said my experience of policing football is better than his 

I have offered to meet him to discuss football policing but not taken up so far. He may be a football police officer I don’t know . I remain open to suggestions from him on policing football

1 hour ago, KevP said:

I suspect the ob knows exactly how things work, including its frontperson on here, who as you correctly noted now seems able to spout shit without any reaction from other forum members.

4 minutes ago, JulieH said:

I said my experience of policing football is better than his 

I have offered to meet him to discuss football policing but not taken up so far. He may be a football police officer I don’t know . I remain open to suggestions from him on policing football

Will you come to the factory for a day so I can show you how to make a new house for a snake?

Answer this....... why would I wanna go to work all week to then go to a game with a load of Police to see how "Footballing Police Games" work?

I see how the Police work every game......!

4 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

I suspect the ob knows exactly how things work, including its frontperson on here, who as you correctly noted now seems able to spout shit without any reaction from other forum members.

Police cover up...... "Boss.. Boss... I am sorted on the forum...... I tell them exactly how it is I don't even answer their questions"

57 minutes ago, JulieH said:

@JulieH Please confirm in writing...... that you stand by your statement, that if we run a poll and it is deemed you should leave, you will do that?!

Here's a thought too.

If there's hundreds of fans in home ends found-  which is a lot more plausible than at our game v  Man Utd- or even outside the ground- I dare say that increases the risk of disorder in another sense. Imagine trying to eject hundreds of home fans dotted around the ground?? Or refusing entry to hundreds who will be in less than a positive frame of mind after the allocation slash and then that, at a highly charged game!

The more I think about this decision, the stupider, and possibly more self-defeating it seems.

13 minutes ago, TETBURY MASSIVE said:

@JulieH Please confirm in writing...... that you stand by your statement, that if we run a poll and it is deemed you should leave, you will do that?!

Well let's hope it doesn't come to that, you have your views and I have mine. If you don't think @JulieH adds anything or you don't trust the information, just put her on ignore. You obviously have no respect for her or the police in general, but some of us do and are more than happy with her on this forum. Have a poll? Do me a favour, just how accurate do you think the result would be? Like I said, just ignore and let the rest of us carry on reading her posts and receiving helpful advice from her. Simple really.

1 minute ago, Galley is our king said:

Well let's hope it doesn't come to that, you have your views and I have mine. If you don't think @JulieH adds anything or you don't trust the information, just put her on ignore. You obviously have no respect for her or the police in general, but some of us do and are more than happy with her on this forum. Have a poll? Do me a favour, just how accurate do you think the result would be? Like I said, just ignore and let the rest of us carry on reading her posts and receiving helpful advice from her. Simple really.

So actually YOU speak for the majority then ? 

Only one way to find out.....

Archived