IGNORED

lj comments

Londoner

4 hours ago, Londoner said:

Still 3 points.... b3cause of his decisions we walked away with 1

No we walked away with 1 because we wasted chance after chance, tried forcing the ball to Diony and because once again we had a penalty not given.

Also just before their 3rd we had two subs waiting to come on for a good 5 minutes. Ball went out of play and instead of them coming on the 4th official put the added time board up but didn't allow the subs. They then scored straight from that. Had those subs come on when the added time went up that goal wouldn't have been scored.

Whilst I appreciate LJ taking the blame there was just a series of events that happened that were out of his control.

No one at half time thought anything other than 5 or 6 nil.

I actually thought we had played below par. I thought Bailey Wright was poor as was Frankie's kicking.

Not withstanding how ponderous they were at the back, their movement off the ball was really good. 

What really changed it was Bobby Reid's half time substitution. We missed his industry.

1 hour ago, pillred said:

bet you at 3-1 you thought here we go again, I know I did, and one of those occasions where you really don't want to be proved right.

I said at half-time. "They are fighting for their lives and Coleman is no mug. They will change the formation and come out like gangbusters. We need to score a 4th to end the game as a contest."

Hate being right....  :sad26:

9 minutes ago, Swede said:

No one at half time thought anything other than 5 or 6 nil.

I actually thought we had played below par. I thought Bailey Wright was poor as was Frankie's kicking.

Not withstanding how ponderous they were at the back, their movement off the ball was really good. 

What really changed it was Bobby Reid's half time substitution. We missed his industry.

I actually said on match day that I thought Bailey did OK.. But that is in the context of him being poor in the last two games. I really have not been too impressed with him to be fair. Maybe his captaincy is too distracting. Flint is just in a different league maybe that is why he looks poor.

7 hours ago, Robbored said:

Wtf are you on about? He did take responsibility ffs.......

The worrying thing about yesterday is as a proffessional....those mistakes should never have happened. All this crap "we will learn from this" is just that....crap

Hes been in the job 2 years. This is his third club. He should have learned how to kill off a game a long time ago

He will never learn

13 hours ago, Londoner said:

Sorry you don't understand championship football. 3-0 win after 5 mins 10 mins 20 mins you take that ALL DAY LONG. Go for 7/8 run the risk of getting your arse bit and that' exactly what happened. Doesn' mean camp in the box it means if you have to make a sub don' change a shape that has battered a side!!!

As for your comments saying LJ did the right thing that' just down right laughable 

I don’t like posting catty or disprespectful comments about other posters but you are being so unnecessarily arrogant that I will just say what needs to be said.

I have no idea what LJ said to his players but, if you do not understand why he said what he said to the press, then what that  leads me to assume is that you lack experience and aptitide for managing people, leading teams or of communicating to the media. As someone who does all three on occasion, I understand exactly why LJ made the comments he did and I think it is smart people management. I would not put this in these terms to any other poster but, as you have started dishing out insults, it is worth saying all you have revealed on this thread is that you have a lot to learn about people management. And if, as I suspect, you have never managed people before then perhaps it would be a good idea to try it and learn a bit about it before starting threads like this in the future?

14 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

The worrying thing about yesterday is as a proffessional....those mistakes should never have happened. All this crap "we will learn from this" is just that....crap

Hes been in the job 2 years. This is his third club. He should have learned how to kill off a game a long time ago

He will never learn

All mistakes should be wiped out, then everyone can enjoy every game being 0-0 and all the points get shared out evenly. Everyone's a winner :) 

27 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

All mistakes should be wiped out, then everyone can enjoy every game being 0-0 and all the points get shared out evenly. Everyone's a winner :) 

It's a nice thought but it be all teams beginning with a that would win everything but on the positive side we would still be above even if you managed to draw yourselves into the same league as us :P but you have to feel sorry for Yeovil

1 hour ago, Andy082005 said:

He will never learn

I'll bet in his limited experience that he's not been in yesterday's situation before. In the top six against a team in the DZ, 3-0 up at half time and cruising........then some of his players start showboating encouraged by cries of 'ole'......and it start to go tits up with a very unfortunate og........and LJ  later admitted that he made a tactical error, easily done in that situation.

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

I'll bet in his limited experience that he's not been in yesterday's situation before. In the top six against a team in the DZ, 3-0 up at half time and cruising........then some of his players start showboating encouraged by cries of 'ole'......and it start to go tits up with a very unfortunate og........and LJ  later admitted that he made a tactical error, easily done in that situation.

No but there have been a fair few times we have held comfortable leads and he has completely ballsed it up

He had no choice to take responsibility yesterday. Doesnt make it alright in my eyes. I find it concerning how we can not shut a game out, and how we have completely lost the ability to dig in and show some bollocks.

Comments like "we fooled ourselves into believing we are better then we are" are laughable as well. It was only a week ago he was saying they call themselves a premiership club in training!

Im all for "learning on the job". However some of the decisons and mistakes he makes as manager really are shocking. 

8 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Comments like "we fooled ourselves into believing we are better then we are" are laughable as well. It was only a week ago he was saying they call themselves a premiership club in training!

Not laughable at all. I saw that comment as reference to some his players showboating and he was right..

You obviously saw if differently.

Ok, so here’s something;

Basically a year ago exactly we threw away a three goal lead in similar fashion against Derby.

In what is a weird coincidence, out next game was an away trip to Leeds, where we limply lost 2-1 (most notable for being when Tammy got injured early doors).

So for all this “LJ isn’t learning” chat, probably a berry acid test if if he is or isn’t gaining experience would be how we bounce back this time, no?

A week till we head to West Yorkshire, and we’ll see if the lesson has sunk in.

8 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

No but there have been a fair few times we have held comfortable leads and he has completely ballsed it up

He had no choice to take responsibility yesterday. Doesnt make it alright in my eyes. I find it concerning how we can not shut a game out, and how we have completely lost the ability to dig in and show some bollocks.

Im all for "learning on the job". However some of the decisons and mistakes he makes as manager really are shocking. 

Every manager makes mistakes....very few come out and are honest as LJ in every post match summary. He's done brilliantly to get us in the top 6 all season playing attractive entertaining football.

I totally understand why he did what he did at half time yesterday.

Sunderland were by far the worst team I've seen this season first half. I even thought...'go for the throat, and sort our GD difference out after the Villa game'.

What he didn't realise, or perhaps trusted too much, was the performance of Diony. His performance completely changed our dynamic and how we played. He influenced the game massively negatively. It effected everything we did completely.

He would have seen that...however...how can you sub, a sub, who is massively low on confidence? You are going to destroy him. So he gambled. As many a manager would have in his situation.

The biggest mistake was to have shut up shop at 3-1 and bring Walsh and Magners on sooner. He's admitted that.

Yes, a day to forget tactically...but still in the top 6 and only 6 points off second place. It's still all to play for.

The bloke needs a medal for the season he's given us after only 2 seasons...not slagging off.

24 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

So what would you like to see happen now, Andy? Should Lee Johnson be sacked?

Also; just to clarify - people saying “he never learns”; below is the table last year after we blew a three goal lead at Derby, and as it stands today, which is pretty much the same point of the season.

I’d suggest the proof he’s learnt and we’ve improved overall is pretty obvious.

D6DE8E6C-AAA4-4C40-86E1-A382F65F132C.jpeg

95DA3D6C-E915-40A2-92C0-317381B32761.jpeg

1 hour ago, Andy082005 said:

He will never learn

In fairness he's demonstrated overwhelmingly that he's learnt a hell of a lot since last season, evidenced by our league position and excellent cup run.

15 hours ago, Londoner said:

Some people don' understand the game. Even worse was the poster saying LJ did the right thing!!!!

15 hours ago, Londoner said:

Sorry you don't understand championship football. 3-0 win after 5 mins 10 mins 20 mins you take that ALL DAY LONG. Go for 7/8 run the risk of getting your arse bit and that' exactly what happened. Doesn' mean camp in the box it means if you have to make a sub don' change a shape that has battered a side!!!

As for your comments saying LJ did the right thing that' just down right laughable 

..............and your knowledge, experience and understanding of the game was gained.......?????

What you really mean is that you have a different opinion than some others.

:yes:

18 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Derby a year ago?

No. Completely different situation.

a) we were away from home;

b) we were at the opposite end of the table; and

c) there was no pressure to improve our goal difference, which was the root cause of yesterday's problems in the second half.

LJ has never been in that exact situation he was yesterday.

I think both our team and in some way the fans were disrespectful to Sunderland. You can pass the ball round as much as you like to the 'oles ' of the crowd but it's the end it's the result that counts. Sunderland have some good individual players that are lacking in confidence but the 'oles' from our fans probably gave them an added incentive. Also their subs worked well whereas ours were too little too late they should have come on at 70 mins not 89

10 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

c) there was no pressure to improve our goal difference, which was the root cause of yesterday's problems in the second half.

This appears to be the root of the problem yesterday. LJ had stated before the game that this was an opportunity to improve our goal difference. I said before the game that I would take a 1-0 win as long as we got 3 points at home against a team fighting relegation. Pragmatism but get your priorities right rather than jumping ahead & making assumptions.

Hubris has bitten LJ hard and hopefully he will have learnt the lesson that you do not take your opposition for granted in this League.  We have taken just 2 points at home against the bottom 2 in the table, and in our previous game lost away against another team in the bottom 3 at the time with a woeful performance. I hate to say this but we looked better with 10 players against QPR than we did for long periods of yesterday with 11. Perhaps the players were in the same place as LJ yesterday. 

The Leeds game is suddenly huge as it's the start of what appears to be a much tougher run of fixtures. We have pretty much ballsed up our period of playing some of the more lowly teams in the division. If we are going to make the top 6, we have to win some of these 6-pointers, but play like we did yesterday and we can forget any dreams of play offs & promotion.

2 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

I don’t like posting catty or disprespectful comments about other posters but you are being so unnecessarily arrogant that I will just say what needs to be said.

I have no idea what LJ said to his players but, if you do not understand why he said what he said to the press, then what that  leads me to assume is that you lack experience and aptitide for managing people, leading teams or of communicating to the media. As someone who does all three on occasion, I understand exactly why LJ made the comments he did and I think it is smart people management. I would not put this in these terms to any other poster but, as you have started dishing out insults, it is worth saying all you have revealed on this thread is that you have a lot to learn about people management. And if, as I suspect, you have never managed people before then perhaps it would be a good idea to try it and learn a bit about it before starting threads like this in the future?

Of course I understand why he said it to the press. I haven' questioned the reasoning behind it once. 

As for the digs you fall in the otib habit of being very very wrong. No suprises there.

54 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Yet again Spudski talks sense...................:clap:

I would second that sentiment.

We have had a fantastic season and with a bit more luck of the draw could've had a Wembley final to look forward to.

Like I said before some people on here need to wind it in a little. What he has done for this club on and off the pitch is absolutely marvellous. He is always courteous win lose or draw.

LJ has been really honest in his assessment, why can't people understand it and accept it. It shows he's a Bristol City fan as well judging by how upset he was.

Show me someone who doesn't make mistakes . . .

As for not learning from previous mistakes like last year's Derby 3:3 have a look at where we are in the table now!

We ARE punching above our weight and I believe finishing eighth or ninth would represent a successful season.

I don't think we have enough quality in depth at the moment to be without a Baker, COD or as proved yesterday, Bobby Reid . . . But we are getting there.

It is up to the likes of Moore,Walsh, Kelly, Hinds & Morrell to get up to speed so that we don't miss these important players as much as we do now.

Archived