IGNORED

3-0 to 3-3, BUT

AppyDAZE

5 hours ago, sglosbcfc said:

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, around me in the Dolman there was not a single criticism of his starting line up and we all felt it sensible to give Diony game time with the match 'won'. Of course it backfired big time and Johnson has admitted that Hörður, Walsh etc should have been introduced instead and the game 'killed off'. Many of the posters on here sayi that though we're very, very quiet at half time.

I obviously can’t speak for those around you today, but our little group were (+/-):

- Magnússon not starting

- Bailey at LCB (struggles on his left side)

++ Smith back in midfield

-/+ Brownhill at RB (the + meaning Smith in midfield)

We actually didn’t play well in the first half, but we had a purple patch where we did play some lovely stuff.

We actually didn’t play badly in the second half, but we failed to take the chances to put the game out of reach (although 3 should be enough!!) and they took theirs / were lucky with two of theirs.

16 hours ago, RED4LIFE said:

A few bad decisions from players and the manager and we've ended up with one point instead of three against a side that was playing (albeit badly) in the Prem last season. That to me is a huge improvement from last season. 

Yes, it's hugely disappointing to not win when you have a three goal lead and I can totally understand the frustration from everyone. The thing is, for me, we actually didn't play badly. In fact, we looked brilliant in spells and should have won this easily we're it not for a few silly mistakes and some really bad luck. For example, Joe Bryan (who has been arguably our best player this season) got utterly done for their equaliser. Do we blame Joe for that or Marlon for a freak deflection? That deflection could have gone anywhere and normally would've gone anywhere but in the back of the net. Shit happens I suppose.

Bryan’s form has been a bit up and down. Some of his performances have been brilliant and others he’s had that “I don’t want to be here” look about him. For me, Bryan didn’t have enough cover in front of him. Paterson seemed to be in and around the forwards leaving Bryan exposed. Would have liked Magnússon on and Bryan pushed forward. Also Diedhiou was knackered 20 minutes from the end with a good opportunity to use Engval. But LJ is the manager having to make decisions under pressure. Let’s hope he doesn’t cock up against Leeds who are in dreadful form at present.

17 hours ago, Slippin cider said:

Sorry , to be 3-0 up and then draw is completely unacceptable in my book ...no excuses, it was utterly pathetic! ..... :yawn:

At Hull, City were 2-0 down and won. Against Sunderland City were 3-0 up and drew. Welcome to planet Bristol City.

22 hours ago, Sarumred said:

LJ didn't offer any excuses; he admitted he messed up. As others have said, there is no point dwelling on this one - it's gone and one to the next. Upwards and onwards.

I didn’t say he didn’t offer any excuses or that he said he didn’t mess up ....what I said, if you read my post , is that it’s unacceptable to be 3-0 up in a game and then draw! ....effectively throwing away 2 points! ....ok we scored 2 of their goals but the overall game management was woeful....:yawn:

On 10/02/2018 at 23:18, watkins1983 said:

3-0 up and should of been 5-0. Such a waste of some good chances early second half. Diony shinned a sitter to finish the game. Can’t remember seeing a player so uncomposed upfront, no wonder he hasn’t scored in ages.

felt like a return to last year throwing away such a lead. Albeit 2 own goals but that’s no excuse.

we f**ked it up 3-0 

early days but the pannelists just said on sky sports news city didnt go big enough in the transfer window upfront

So disappointed in Bryan...............left for dead twice, leading up to two goals.   I am not seeking a scapegoat, as it's a team game, but he was a weak link.  We just had a bad day at the office, as you will be unlikely to see two more flukey/unlucky og's this season.   I'm certain LJ will have learnt a valuable lesson from this game [I frigging well hope so].........Sunderland are still going down, and we are still going into the play offs...................so all is well.

Archived