IGNORED

The City Valentines Tweet

Bristol Rob

2 hours ago, Ivorguy said:

I just wish they would concentrate on being footballers rather than media stars

Come on someone give him a ‘like’ then Ivor’s got the full set, a rare occurance for a single post on here :laughcont:

Perhaps this opening section of Woody Allens Annie Hall sums up his own view of the world.

"There’s an old joke. Two elderly women are at a Catskill restaurant. One of them says, ‘Boy, the food at this place is just terrible.’ The other one says, ‘Yeah I know. And such small portions.’ Well, that’s essentially how I feel about life. Full of misery, loneliness and suffering and unhappiness – and it’s all over much too quickly”

3 hours ago, Ivorguy said:

It isn't negativity.  It is merely a comment.  As for your implication re my negativity on match days you clearly haven't read my comments as a whole.  I say it as I see it and am not in the club can do no wrong camp.  Sorry if this annoys you, but constructive criticism must not be seen as negative but something to take on board.

These are grown men and should behave accordingly.  This type of behaviour would not be tolerated in other work environments, given the current on field situation.

Guess we will continue to disagree on purpose of forum as a place where honest opinions can be given. Hey Ho!

Before commenting, it's probably best to get up to speed with the modern workplace.

This is a form of marketing. It's platform reaches the whole of the world.

These Gifs are part of that marketing from the Club. It reaches a world wide audience...they have been nothing but positive in getting the Bristol City name out there.

That's how it works these days...through social media...twitter, Instagram, Facebook etc.

Every business uses them.

Do you honestly think the player are doing it themselves of their own accord? We have a media department that arranges all of this.

It's part of being a player...promoting the Club, both on and off the field.

Same as visiting schools etc locally.

37 minutes ago, spudski said:

Before commenting, it's probably best to get up to speed with the modern workplace.

This is a form of marketing. It's platform reaches the whole of the world.

These Gifs are part of that marketing from the Club. It reaches a world wide audience...they have been nothing but positive in getting the Bristol City name out there.

That's how it works these days...through social media...twitter, Instagram, Facebook etc.

Every business uses them.

Do you honestly think the player are doing it themselves of their own accord? We have a media department that arranges all of this.

It's part of being a player...promoting the Club, both on and off the field.

Same as visiting schools etc locally.

I sort of agree with the gist of your post, but question your last sentence.

Local school visits, undertaken by and in the name of the team squad, may well be instigated and organised by the club, but I can assure you that there are also numerous charitable gestures and visits undertaken by individual squad members that are not publicised and, indeed, are kept private.

I would also question whether the underlying reason for the squad's involvement with visits to schools is purely for marketing reasons, rather than out of a genuine desire to support local institutions, and I suspect if you have ever attended a Community Trust day or, more poignantly, visited CHSW, you would see from the squad members' demeanour - look at their faces and in their eyes - that the players are attending for the most genuine of reasons.   

One of the main reasons we have had such an excellent season to date is our team spirit. These GIFs have played a part in that. They have also been hugely successful PR for the club.

I would accept that maybe we have got a bit big for our boots in the last couple of games, but overall if any of us were offered the season we have had we would to a man have taken it, and I really think we should just go along with the ride and see how it pans out.

To stop doing these things now just because we have lost a couple of games would be unnecessarily reactionary in my view. Not many complain about them when we are winning every week or beating Man U!

Archived