IGNORED

Today’s tactics - absolutely shite.

Fordy62

Can't disagree. Of course if we'd have got the point we so nearly got we'd say it was a decent result.

But I'm with you - we needed to go there and play like us, not them. Was only ever going to play into their hands. Not saying the outcome would have necessarily been different, but why abandon everything good that's got us where we are?

Couldn't agree more. Initially reading the line up I was firstly happy, the first thing I saw was Joe up in LM and Mags LB. 

But then what's this? Diony starting and Reid in midfield? What is going on there? Diony hasn't looked great coming on from what I've seen, and in a big game why decide to start him.

Additionally, in a game where we could do with some good technical play, why pack the midfield and remove the technical Bobby away from where he is best. For God's sake Bobby is our goalscorer, he is proven and quality yet we are moving him to make way for a player who is on a goalless run. Bizarre. 

By all means use Diony as a sub, but he isn't ready to start in a match of this magnitude. 

The thing that I've taken away from this match was how much I miss Milan, he is absolutely class and does the job of a CF, it would allow us to actually play Aden in his actual position.

Also, we really miss Pisano, Bailey again struggling to play out of position, we could do with the experience and expertise Pisano brings.

11 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

LJ is still firmly in massive credit, obviously, but what in God’s name were the tactics this afternoon?

Awful, awful hoofball. 

You make your name playing slick one touch and then you serve up that? 

Why oh why?

Shame to miss Pack but my goodness what a poor January LJ and MA treated us too. Talk about shambles almost 

10 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

LJ is still firmly in massive credit, obviously, but what in God’s name were the tactics this afternoon?

Awful, awful hoofball. 

You make your name playing slick one touch and then you serve up that? 

Why oh why?

I honestly think we are very over rated by pundits and some our own fans with regard to our brand of football. Don't get me wrong, we play some lovely football at times, but a slick one touch team with the philosophy of playing attractive football would never serve up the dog shit we produced today.

2 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

Shame to miss Pack but my goodness what a poor January LJ and MA treated us too. Talk about shambles almost 

Ok, so who was available that was worth having? Lots of teams will be clearly flogging their 20 goal a season player in Jan. Perhaps there were lots of questions asked but stupid money requested.

We sold out to-day, but in a way I don't condemn him for trying something different, I don't agree with him but I won't blame him. It's a learning curve he is on, and he will take a massive lesson learnt from this,. You don't learn as much from a win as you do a loss.  

Thing is Warnock only knows how to play one way, at least we can play the game as to how it was meant to be, just that we shelved that to-day.

3 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

We sold out to-day, but in a way I don't condemn him for trying something different, I don't agree with him but I won't blame him. It's a learning curve he is on, and he will take a massive lesson learnt from this,. You don't learn as much from a win as you do a loss.  

Thing is Warnock only knows how to play one way, at least we can play the game as to how it was meant to be, just that we shelved that to-day.

Thing is we tried exactly the same tactic at Cardiff last season (beat them at their own game) and were awful and lost. So, a case of lesson not learned by LJ for me.

10 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

I honestly think we are very over rated by pundits and some our own fans with regard to our brand of football. Don't get me wrong, we play some lovely football at times, but a slick one touch team with the philosophy of playing attractive football would never serve up the dog shit we produced today.

okay we were shite today but were dragged down to cardiffs level.....yep theyre 2nd and flying and fairplay to em for that but cant get me head around that theyre actually 2nd still....

1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Thing is we tried exactly the same tactic at Cardiff last season (beat them at their own game) and were awful and lost. So, a case of lesson not learned by LJ for me.

Agreed, my heart sunk when a read that line up, Oh well at least we showed them up for what they are, hopefully we will start playing the brand of football under a good coach that we had the plaudits for, and Cardiff? Probably go up auto now, unless Villa catch them, which will mean we will play them in the play off''s it is a funny old game you know. 

3 minutes ago, archie andrews said:

okay we were shite today but were dragged down to cardiffs level.....yep theyre 2nd and flying and fairplay to em for that but cant get me head around that theyre actually 2nd still....

They are not there by fluke. It is the way they play. 

We seemed to decide we would match them, and be better at what they do than them.

We were not. 

4 minutes ago, archie andrews said:

We should be better than to get 'dragged to their level' of anti football though, play OUR game, not theirs. LJ should have been able to get that point across but blatantly didn't or didn't want to. I would be interested to hear his post match comments TBH because taking a Warnock team on at 'Warnockball' was only going to end one way surely?

2 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

Agreed, my heart sunk when a read that line up, Oh well at least we showed them up for what they are, hopefully we will start playing the brand of football under a good coach that we had the plaudits for, and Cardiff? Probably go up auto now, unless Villa catch them, which will mean we will play them in the play off''s it is a funny old game you know. 

I think they will be caught by Fulham but that’s more in hope than reality. I can’t see many catching them now in truth as Colin knows how to grind out 1-0 wins. 

Only good thing is looking at history all clubs Colin get to the prem (or just manages)  turn to dog shite after. So can’t wait till the shit hits the fan with Cardiff. 

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

Got to admit, I’m struggling to see us make the playoffs now. 

If we actually get back to doing what got us so far in the first place we'll have a good chance. 12 massive games coming up.

But I hope we never see us resort to that again. Got to learn his lesson this time that fighting fire with fire isn't the answer.

Pathetic performance. Have we forgotten what got us to the dizzy heights of second ?

Lj was set up for a point and he came unstuck against the wily old fox Colin. 65 minutes onwards it was quite clear we was being over ran . He sat on his hands and it backfired when Cardiff scored. 

12 minutes ago, archie andrews said:

This “dragged down to their level” rubbish grates on me. We set up to compete at their “level”. Poor from LJ. 

2 minutes ago, Engvall's Splinter said:

This “dragged down to their level” rubbish grates on me. We set up to compete at their “level”. Poor from LJ. 

Indeed. I like LJ but he got it wrong today, and I think we had a much better chance of a result if we'd have gone there and played our game rather than trying to play theirs, which we just don't have the personnel to do.

10 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Got to admit, I’m struggling to see us make the playoffs now. 

Wow what a call, we are still 6th and the run is not that bad, we have had our bad run, players coming back but you are struggling Sherlock to see any evidence we can do it. :P

Yea let's throw in the towel sack the board coach and sell the ground for flats, true we are soft lads innit?

5 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

We played right into their hands today and they waited til they knew we would run out of steam and got their winner. Starring Diony is madness. Bringing him off the bench for a little longer than 20 minutes is sensible. 

I think the frustration for me more than anything, was I thought first half of the season I was seeing how LJ wanted us to play, his type of team. Yes, sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn’nt, but you could recognise his preferred style.

Today he has not had the courage of his convictions and just thrown it all out the window. We will clearly not be the only team to lose at Cardiff this year, but would have rather gone down trying to be ‘us’. Think I preferred it when LJ only had 11 players to chose from...needs to be careful not to go back to periods of last year when he was just overthinking it.

Archived