IGNORED

MOJO BACK

Marlborough Red

They will have a couple of days rest now so we can assess everybody’s lifestyles, what we need to do as a club over the course of the rest of the season and I think we will give it a shot"

Can't believe this quote from Johnson on the official website. It's blindingly obvious what we have to do over the rest of the season to get into the play offs.

As to saying ,"think we will give it a shot" , I am amazed at the lack of decisiveness shown by our manager. He should be demanding , as the fans are , that the players give everything they have to get into the premiership. Each of the last 12 games must be treated as a Cup Final with nothing left on the pitch by any player..

2 minutes ago, Marlborough Red said:

They will have a couple of days rest now so we can assess everybody’s lifestyles, what we need to do as a club over the course of the rest of the season and I think we will give it a shot"

Can't believe this quote from Johnson on the official website. It's blindingly obvious what we have to do over the rest of the season to get into the play offs.

As to saying ,"think we will give it a shot" , I am amazed at the lack of decisiveness shown by our manager. He should be demanding , as the fans are , that the players give everything they have to get into the premiership. Each of the last 12 games must be treated as a Cup Final with nothing left on the pitch by any player..

What do we have to do to get into the play  offs then?  He is obviously talking tactics, systems etc and not just 'win more games than teams below us'.

I look forward to your in-depth analysis.

I thought we had our game management, savvy back v QPR with 10...but clearly not.

I thought though, we definitely had our mojo back v Fulham- THAT was a lot more like the City we are used to, who were so good up until the turn of the year. (As well as indeed, raising it v Man City twice despite the generally poor 2018).

13 minutes ago, Marlborough Red said:

I'm getting dizzy from the amount of spin you put into this post.

And that is open for criticism? Deary me.

He has nailed his colours to the mast - he thinks after and resulting from the assessment carried out over the rest days, in his opinion, we will give it a shot. I'm not sure what on earth is indecisive about that, it's basically as decisive without promising what he could not promise.

40 minutes ago, Marlborough Red said:

I think you are massively overreacting and reading far too much into to a very simple and inconsequential statement by a football manager.

"sour, miserable, furious old git desperate to make him the villain"

Thanks for that ! Just a supporter for over 55 years who doesn't want to see the season squandered for lack of belief .

Simply want him to be far more positive. This is our best chance to get into the Premiership for many years and I would like to see  him come out and instil some belief and confidence into the players to make it happen  Statements such as "think we will give it a shot " don't fill me with confidence. 12 games to make it happen.

3 minutes ago, Marlborough Red said:

Thanks for that ! Just a supporter for over 55 years who doesn't want to see the season squandered for lack of belief .

Simply want him to be far more positive. This is our best chance to get into the Premiership for many years and I would like to see  him come out and instil some belief and confidence into the players to make it happen  Statements such as "think we will give it a shot " don't fill me with confidence. 12 games to make it happen.

I'm not sure I can ever recall a manager saying "I think we will get promoted" or "I think we will win the league". It's usually along the lines of "we will give it our best shot" or "we've put ourselves in a great position" or "we've given ourselves a good chance".

1 minute ago, 29AR said:

I'm not sure I can ever recall a manager saying "I think we will get promoted" or "I think we will win the league". It's usually along the lines of "we will give it our best shot" or "we've put ourselves in a great position" or "we've given ourselves a good chance".

Only on OTIB is saying that promotion could still happen a negative thing for a manager to say.

7 minutes ago, Marlborough Red said:

It was probably just a verbal response to a mundane interview question, that reads much worse written down with no context. 

i.e

Interviewer: Do you believe your squad has what it takes to see it through to a top six finish.

LJ: Well, we’re going to go out there and give it a damn good shot! We will give absolutely everything we have to deliver the best possible season. 

Headline: LJ: We’ll give it a shot

6 minutes ago, Marlborough Red said:

What about all the other 'quotes' from the article?

"I genuinely believe in the group of players that I have. We can win games between now and the end of the season."

"I’m devastated we haven’t won the game but I’m upbeat with the group of players I have. We’re in a decent position and things will turn into a positive."

And all the other positive comments in the actual interview?

Why pick one comment that you don't like the sound of? Take the whole interview instead.

Taking 'soundbites and turning it into a negative? Why?

Do you not think LJ and the Coaching staff are doing their utmost to breed confidence and positive thoughts into the players?

13 minutes ago, Marlborough Red said:

Not specifically directed at you fella and it was a bit of a joke, but the trend on here is to bash the coaching staff for any little thing and this seems to be another example of it.

In January 2016, Madjo was put on trial in his absence for sexual assault after an incident in his home in Grayshott on 17 August 2014; he was found Guilty and sentenced to three-and-a-half years, though was believed to be somewhere in West Africa and unwilling to return to the UK.[101]

2 hours ago, Cheesleysmate said:

5 years. His comeback has been imminent since a month into the original injury.

3 hours ago, Marlborough Red said:

Have no issues with the quote at all and this is not in any way shape or form a pop at LJ, but can someone explain what the 'assess everybody's lifestyles' bit is getting at? Seems a strange one and could be understood as being a pop at certain players? Interested in people's thoughts whether I'm missing something obvious?!

Archived