IGNORED

SEASON TICKET PRICES (Merged)

RedM

5 hours ago, alandicks said:

2 adults and two children in Dolman an increase of £246 or 23.38% rise. Having spent a fortune following the fantastic cup run this has just about finished me off. Going to be two disappointed U19's. Thanks City !!!

just a thought, cant you try and get seats in the south stand?

It isn't about where we sit it is about the club inflicting a 23% increase when the average worker is struggling to get 2%. When they say football has lost touch with the public this is a fine example. Would any other business inflict this on their customers without some sort of explanation ?

•  

I know what you are saying, just that rather than your boys missing out sitting in the ss would be a much cheaper option, bye the way I agree that is a steep and unnecessarily large increase. 

13 minutes ago, The Bard said:

The club is basically saying, either pay more to reserve the seat or, if you are genuinely going to bring your young 'un, go in the less popular section.  This frees up primary seats for adults willing to pay £400 / £500 per season.

Absolute bollocks. There are loads of seats in lower Lansdown  free for anyone to purchase for £599 per season. Why make it financially unviable for families/friends who have sat together Lansdown/wiliams for years, 

59 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

@Matt Parsons BCFCSLO @AdamB

I’m not even sure what my option is for next season in Wheelchair Section A4 in the LS.  The table is greyed out!

Joe is currently u12 this season, but moves into the u19 bracket next season.  I was expecting an increase (somewhere around £99 and no free shirt), but as it currently stands there is no price mentioned.  Does that mean I can’t buy his current seat, or do I pay the next bracket up - £255?  If I can’t re-buy Joe’s ticket in A4, then we won’t be able to sit with the people we’ve been with since 13/14...and we’ve had to move (like many others) to accommodate the redevelopment.  

There will be plenty of others who buy individually, but are part of an informal group, that are gonna be seriously pissed off with this...it seems a bit anti-kid / anti-family....which goes against the strategy of recent years.  

The cynical in me is thinking, "we’ve got the numbers up to the magical 20k average, but the demand is greater (cup run, play-off push etc), we can exploit this".

The table that has been inserted into the OS looks scruffy, like they’ve pasted stuff over the top of last season’s!  It looks rushed.

I’m grateful for the free Carer ticket I get, but it would be an exception in this country to not get one.  Vue Cinema and Wild Place, will allow two carers!!!

Being in a similar situation to yourself, if the prices are correct, I must seriously think about paying the increase.......although, I don't have much time to think about it.

My monthly direct debit will rise from £48 to £76 if we decide to stay in the seats we like, with people around us that we like.

After reading comments from others, I can honestly say BCFC are showing no loyalty whatsoever to it's future 'customers'.

I really sympathise with everyone concerned - 600% price rises - bloody hell!

I try to get over for 2 games per season - I assume my POTD price will exceed Leeds obscene 44 quid now?

Lansdown central 50 quid POTD anyone?

I'll be choosing my matches carefully on top of my 2k airfare/hotel for 2 of us.

As a point of reference you can watch an AFL/NRL/A-League game in a similar stadium (some parts of Ethiad in Melbourne are far superior) from $16 Adult  - That's 8 pounds 97p each.

My Hawthorn AFL Silver Seat at the MCG, one of the finest stadiums in the world is $330 (185 quid) and you can drink beer all day long in your seat. That's for 18 games which last up to 150 minutes.

The prices are scandalous in my opinion, and City should explain their thinking.

The social engineering theory seems spot on.

Why not expand the singing section by 3 blocks and offer the child discount in the outer block?

Kids love to sing.

I genuinely share your anger for this - and I will have to strongly reconsider next seasons trip - I know it seems silly with airfare etc, but its the principle.

I hope the kids price farce gets sorted for everyone affected.

Poor Matt Parsons!

3 hours ago, Wilksi said:

This can’t be right surely. 

This is ******* insane. 

You  My 4 under 11 tickets in Lansdown Centre cost me £200. Are you saying they now cost me £1340?? An increase of £1140? And I have two weeks to find this money on top of the normal season tickets I have to pay for?

I sit with two over 70s (Grandparents) who don’t want to sit high up in the upper Lansdown as they won’t be able to see  

this is crazy  well done city  shitting on the young 

Your kids alone would be paying £15 each per game.

Hi all,

First off I hear the frustrations that I’m seeing across OTIB, Twitter, email.

As SLO I am not responsible for setting the prices, however when I was shown them I had many of the same questions that are being voiced on this thread, so I wanted to give a quick summary.

There are lots of comments about Under 12 price rise in the Dolman and it being removed from Lansdown lower altogether. In the Lansdown, the club want to get more families sitting together and feel that is best in the family area. I understand that this means moving from lower to upper tier and possibly moving away from friends that have been made in that area and did raise this point. In the Dolman an under 12’s rate was included, (albeit the season ticket price raised from £50 to £99), and the premium seat price of £4.30 per match was still deemed good value for a child ticket in that part of the ground. At the January FAN meeting, the free shirt home shirt was deemed to be popular, so it was important that was maintained for all under 12 season card holders as it has done for the past 4 years. With more emphasis on the family area there will be a review of what is possible given the restrictions, and working with AGL & Bristol Sport we will look at improving the fan experience in that area of the ground. This also goes for continually looking to evolve the stadium as we become more familiar with the stadium renovation.

A few people asking if price rises were considered across the board and this is something I did raise. The club wanted to ensure the lowest price season card remained the same at £345. There was feedback at FAN that it would be good to look for a further reduction at entry level, however it was felt that £15 a match was still good value. The match day prices in the Lansdown and Dolman were still felt to be really good for Championship football.

There are currently no plans to expand the singing section, however as afar as I’m aware the current blocks will remain unreserved as it has done previously.

The specifics of the loyalty scheme are still being finalised and there will be a further announcement regarding what the loyalty scheme looks like in due course.

My role now as SLO  is to summarise  all of the thoughts, feelings and views of the fans and making sure everyone is aware of them back at Ashton Gate. This is is something that I will do over the next few days. As Harry mentioned I am away at the moment (a wedding that was booked before I got the job offer at the club). I will be jumping on line when I can, however please bear with me as there is a 7 hour time difference. I will be back in the office on Monday 5th March. 

Matt

33 minutes ago, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:

Hi all,

As SLO I am not responsible for setting the prices, however when I was shown them I had many of the same questions that are being voiced on this thread, so I wanted to give a quick summary.

There are lots of comments about Under 12 price rise in the Dolman and it being removed from Lansdown lower altogether. In the Lansdown, the club want to get more families sitting together and feel that is best in the family area. I understand that this means moving from lower to upper tier and possibly moving away from friends that have been made in that area and did raise this point. In the Dolman an under 12’s rate was included, (albeit the season ticket price raised from £50 to £99), and the premium seat price of £4.30 per match was still deemed good value for a child ticket in that part of the ground. At the January FAN meeting, the free shirt home shirt was deemed to be popular, so it was important that was maintained for all under 12 season card holders as it has done for the past 4 years. With more emphasis on the family area there will be a review of what is possible given the restrictions, and working with AGL & Bristol Sport we will look at improving the fan experience in that area of the ground. This also goes for continually looking to evolve the stadium as we become more familiar with the stadium renovation.

A few people asking if price rises were considered across the board and this is something I did raise. The club wanted to ensure the lowest price season card remained the same at £345. There was feedback at FAN that it would be good to look for a further reduction at entry level, however it was felt that £15 a match was still good value. The match day prices in the Lansdown and Dolman were still felt to be really good for Championship football.

There are currently no plans to expand the singing section, however as afar as I’m aware the current blocks will remain unreserved as it has done previously.

The specifics of the loyalty scheme are still being finalised and there will be a further announcement regarding what the loyalty scheme looks like in due course.

My role now as SLO  is to summarise  all of the thoughts, feelings and views of the fans and making sure everyone is aware of them back at Ashton Gate. This is is something that I will do over the next few days. As Harry mentioned I am away at the moment (a wedding that was booked before I got the job offer at the club). I will be jumping on line when I can, however please bear with me as there is a 7 hour time difference. I will be back in the office on Monday 5th March. 

Matt

Shocking rise for under 19,s in the Lansdown stand. Many unhappy supporters.

Why not take a leaf from Forest. 4-11 year olds £10. 12-17 £50. 18-23 £100. All other seats frozen. 

Kids are the future of any club. This is definitely a massive step backwards and needs to be addressed ASAP 

2 hours ago, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:

Hi all,

Matt

Oh dear. So the club does have its head up its backside. 

Corporate bollocks imo. 

Singing section this, family section that. They have no idea. 

My match day enjoyment has more to do with the people I meet and talk to. After this I won't be affected by a move, but if I was forced to move I'd be pretty bloody annoyed. 

Here's an idea BCFC - if you want to increase season ticket revenue by 10% just increase prices by the same amount across the board and provide and reason for the rise. There's your starter for 10.

If you were a cinema people would walk and you know it. That's what pisses me off. 

Can't wait to see POTD - I don't think my brother and nephew will be interested this time around. They already thought prices were insane but came along occasionally. 

2 hours ago, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:

Hi all,

Matt

******* disgusting treatment towards fans. **** them we won't be buying a season ticket this year.

7 hours ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Since the closure of the January window, the forum has had plenty of posts about the lack of signings, some of the less enlightened spouting off about how Lansdown should get his hand in his pocket if we want to go up.  

The ruination of modern football is surely coming, the players wages at the top are obscene, this filters down and clubs at all levels are forced into paying over the top wages, sometimes for very average players.  Sadly if we want to be a part of this, the cost is falling on everyone, apart from those top few teams with worldwide followings.  

The prices aren’t wildly expensive, compared to 10 years ago, compared to POTD prices, compared to concerts, theatre and many other attractions and no doubt they aren’t going to reduce anytime soon.  It does seem that the decision to increase certain areas has been taken to maximise revenue, which is I’m afraid, part of the world of football now.

Of course you have a point here. It’s the way football is now, and if we want to compete for the best players I guess the money has to come from somewhere. 

However, the way this has been done stinks. There is no possible justification for the price increases in the Lansdown and Dolman for kids. In the Dolman they’ve doubled, and in the Lansdown they’ve just been made completely unaffordable. The club have played a blinder for years with the prices for kids tickets but all of the goodwill they’ve built up during that time will have gone down the toilet after these decisions. 

I sit in S82 so I’m completely unaffected by all of this, but I can see how totally unfair it is. There should have been a small increase across the stadium if they had to put prices up. At least that would be fair and logical. The way families have been treated in the Dolman, and in particular the Lansdown, is scandalous.  

For the record, FAN were asked for ideas as to what we thought were good/bad points about the current season ticket pricing. We were told these ideas would be used to feed into to the clubs plans. At no point did they come back to FAN and say here’s what we want to do, what do you think. So I think the term “consulted” has been used pretty loosely here because FAN merely gave different viewpoints on what individuals had liked about the current schemes. Our broad view was that prices shouldn’t be going up. Minutes quoted below.

SC&T not consulted at all, and given the announcement yesterday about pricing, it now makes sense why. 

F5CB81D4-73D2-4305-9B4C-4C3760FF8DAA.jpeg

0E383F2F-519C-49CE-9071-581375B0CBCB.jpeg

D2C45712-5564-4812-BD36-E15761DAA84A.jpeg

85F95051-C92F-4B3F-8B6E-0F1E755A36D4.jpeg

7 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Anyone remember the good old days when you had until the first game of the next season to decide whether you renewed your season ticket?

This ‘renew in March or lose your seat’ stance is not fair or appropriate in my opinion....it puts financial pressure on the most loyal members of the fan base...unacceptable...

So true, I'm now in my 4th seat in the last 5 years because I've missed deadlines etc and so had to change... 

7 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

“The club want to get more families sitting together”.

Why? To what end? Why does it actually matter or make any difference to the club where families sit?

Please explain the reasoning behind this @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO

What that should have said is that the club want as many families out of the way as possible so they can charge £41 a game for pay on the day to as many people as possible in the best seats in the stadium. 

Whatever way they inevitably try and spin it, this decision is about maximising revenue and taking advantage of fans in order to do it. Nothing else. 

10 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Why? To what end? Why does it actually matter or make any difference to the club where families sit?

Exactly it’s not the ******* cinema. Fans have sat in certain areas of the ground for years. Now there children sit with them. To try and make them move or pay extortionate prices . Is absolutely disgusting. Just as the club was making progress. Nothing wrong with a little rise in prices for everyone. But this could see the club lose long life and new supporters. Mind blowing whoever came up with this

5 minutes ago, Jacki said:

What that should have said is that the club want as many families out of the way as possible so they can charge £41 a game for pay on the day to as many people as possible in the best seats in the stadium. 

Whatever way they inevitably try and spin it, this decision is about maximising revenue and taking advantage of fans in order to do it. Nothing else. 

This theory doesn’t stack up. The Lansdown is the last stand to sell out and very rarely does so. So anyone who wants to buy a £41 ticket is - more or less - already able to do so. There aren’t people queuing up to buy there not able to get a ticket. Therefore the increase in revenue will be minimal.

Also, if the club really wanted to maximise revenues from the most expensive stand then why is the family area in the Lansdown at all?

It just doesn’t stack up.

30 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I imagine it’s so it’s easy to coordinate family activities.. scrumpy, face painting or whatever.. probably going to be in an area far away from bad language to avoid complaints.

I agree it does seem a bit strange.

8 hours ago, Jacki said:

That’s a scandalous increase isn’t it - shocking. 

Probably explains why they still haven’t put those prices on the website. I don’t think I’ve seen a more outrageous increase in price than that for anything in my life.... looks like they’re just trying to force everyone with kids into the sanitised world of the family area. 

It does, which frankly constitutes a form of social exclusion and is discriminatory. To force people, particularly parents and their children to vacate areas of the ground, by extortionate price increase is quite possibly a new low for Bristol Sport.

7 hours ago, Wilksi said:

This can’t be right surely. 

This is ******* insane. 

You  My 4 under 11 tickets in Lansdown Centre cost me £200. Are you saying they now cost me £1340?? An increase of £1140? And I have two weeks to find this money on top of the normal season tickets I have to pay for?

I sit with two over 70s (Grandparents) who don’t want to sit high up in the upper Lansdown as they won’t be able to see  

this is crazy  well done city  shitting on the young 

Can't think of any reason why those making decisions at the club could have sat down with their pots of coffee,,biscuits,had a discussion and this disgusting crap was the conclusion....a disgrace to a man & I'm being too kind.

Hate the direction this club is taking & the careless hard,calculating attitude of Bristol sport....she is turning into the girlfriend of yesterday whom you held high,above all in affection.....she just changed,subtly at first,small,barely perceptable.

In the end??...................what a fx@£#%g bitch.

And now?.......you wish for yesterday to leave you alone.

The only answer is staring you all in the face-each and every one holding the cards.

3 hours ago, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:

Hi all,

Matt

Even so regarding U12s, that doesn’t explain why my adult season card has jumped almost 14%. What is the point of good value when there are still 3-5k empty seats even in the biggest home matches? The demand doesn’t seem to match the increase. If we were averaging 25k+ I could perhaps see why. As is, I remain baffled and have two weeks to consider whether or not I should shell out 200 quid more for the same product I got this year. My scenario is only mild and is disgusting if what you say is true about the u12 prices being removed from other parts of the ground. You have basically said the club acknowledge most people sit with friends and people they have seen for years but if some have done the rare thing such as start a family they will have a better experience around complete strangers in a different part of the ground they have never seen football from. Cheers again BCFC. Plus now many will want to move to cheaper sections, how many will be available on top existing season card holders in the SS for instance? It doesn’t feel like I am even being forced to move seats instead feels like I am being forced to leave because they feel someone willing to spend more will replace me

2 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

It does, which frankly constitutes a form of social exclusion and is discriminatory. To force people, particularly parents and their children to vacate areas of the ground, by extortionate price increase is quite possibly a new low for Bristol Sport.

I hadn't quite understood the implications of this until speaking to a mate this morning who I sit with in the Dolman, who has brought his kid since he was old enough to come to football. He does feel like he's being engineered to move to the Lansdown, and he's sat in the Dolman for years. It's extremely odd and hard to understand.

As others have said, it doesn't make sense that you'd price people out of the Dolman in favour of your shiny new stand - what's so special about the Dolman other than to those of us whose seats are in there. It's still a pain to get out of. The only thing I can think is we do plan to redevelop the Atyeo and need a temporary away section.

It would at least justify trying to pre-empt people who don't want to move from the Dolman, by making it slowly less appealing over the next 1-2 seasons until whenever the work is worth doing. It does raise a question around how you manage segregation/access/sharing the concourse, but that is one for another thread in future. :blink:

We should all hold institutions to account, even ones we love.

I would love to see City as an outlier with regard to the current economic model within football but it's not to be.

Still comparatively 'not as expensive' as other clubs but still prohibitively expensive.

German football has high attendances and wider affordability. 

A fair and affordable price structure to most should be maintained here and made available widely throughout the stadium. With respect paid to the value of the fans and a disregard to further exploitation of the consumer.

The other thing this pricing announcement has done is prove that SCAT and FAN are only useful when they club think they need them.

It's great that these supporters give up their free time to represent groups of supporters, but given one of the biggest challenges people face with live football is the cost of buying tickets and the club haven't engaged with them says a hell of a lot.

Want an end of the season award ceremony that will fill the bars and sell more drink at no cost to the club? Get SCAT to organise it!

Want to put prices up and displace fans who have sat with friends for years? Well, let's not engage with the supporters groups and get the news out when the route of communicating back to the club us disrupted because the SLO is on leave.

22 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I imagine it’s so it’s easy to coordinate family activities.. scrumpy, face painting or whatever.. probably going to be in an area far away from bad language to avoid complaints.

I agree it does seem a bit strange.

I don’t think it really changes any of that - the club can do their family activities in the family area, and if people choose to sit elsewhere that’s up to them. And anyone choosing to sit outside the family area knows they are more likely to hear bad language, so they can’t really complain.

To actually not sell child season tickets in certain areas is an extreme measure. It’s just bizarre.

38 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

This theory doesn’t stack up. The Lansdown is the last stand to sell out and very rarely does so. So anyone who wants to buy a £41 ticket is - more or less - already able to do so. There aren’t people queuing up to buy there not able to get a ticket. Therefore the increase in revenue will be minimal.

Also, if the club really wanted to maximise revenues from the most expensive stand then why is the family area in the Lansdown at all?

The points you make are all fair. I just can’t come up with a better explanation! I’ve sat in the upper Lansdown once and felt so detached from the action. Maybe others feel the same way, the club see them as less ‘sellable’ seats and have tried therefore to sell them on the cheap to families while ripping people off elsewhere?

the decision is so inexplicable I’m just desperately trying to find some logic in it! 

42 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Maybe they were anticipating the Prem when they set out the pricing. 

Archived