IGNORED

SEASON TICKET PRICES (Merged)

RedM

This may have already been said, but I am a tad confused as to why Dolman and Lansdown are suffering large price increases (lets not forget a 100% increase in U12) which is hardly encouraging people to bring their children, whereas the South Stand, which I assume includes the much loved 'Section 82ers' get their tickets frozen. Any chance the club @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO could respond, or is that too much to ask?

Serious cock up on the part of BCFC.  They need to rethink it and announce something more sensible.  We are regularly getting 20k plus and we want to increase our fan base, not piss them off.

Clearly timed to coincide with the 'possibility' of promotion before the rot really does set in. Cynical.

Personally for 3 of us in the Dolman wings, the increase is around 3% I think, so not too bad for us.

Of course, if we do go up, it will look like a bargain :)

33 minutes ago, Blagdon red said:

The SC&T was not consulted. FAN was asked for input, which in broad terms was "do not increase prices", but was not given any opportunity to comment on the prices that have now been announced.

@Blagdon red

That's really poor. I hope after some thought about the issues, the SC&T can put out a response on behalf of the fans. 

I also hope it is something we can mobilise behind.

I think this is an ill conceived strategy by the club, against its own supporters with families, so I hope we can make it sit up, listen, take stock and reconsider.

@Harry - you hit the nail on the head.

The club have really got this wrong and are at risk of undoing a lot of the goodwill built up in recent seasons, especially this one.  They have previously done a great job encouraging the next generation, but to increase the U12 price in some sections from £50 to £335 is just outrageous (like my sons in W14 Lansdown).  I actually understand the desire to offer the cheaper children's seats in cheaper parts of the ground, but to not recognise that people sit in groups, enjoy where they sit and aren't willing to move constantly, just smacks of a lack of understanding of the match day experience.  An increase is fine, but not that extreme.

Strangely the club email said 'any U12 who purchases a season card in the Dolman or Lansdown stand lower will also be eligible to claim a free shirt, although the season card price is subject to a rise'.  Yet there is no U12 price shown which contradicts this as the U19 offer doesn't include a free shirt, so it can't be confused with that.  Either it's a mistake and U12 prices should be displayed, there was mistake with the text, or a late change of plan?  Let's hope the former as I won't be paying that kind of rise on principle and I really don't want to move sections yet again.  

1 hour ago, StGeorge said:

already emailed them , and await their response with interest.

Son's ticket increased from £99 to £335,     338%   or ONLY an EXTRA £10.26 per game using their methods!!

That’s a scandalous increase isn’t it - shocking. 

Probably explains why they still haven’t put those prices on the website. I don’t think I’ve seen a more outrageous increase in price than that for anything in my life.... looks like they’re just trying to force everyone with kids into the sanitised world of the family area. 

4 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Anyone remember the good old days when you had until the first game of the next season to decide whether you renewed your season ticket?

This ‘renew in March or lose your seat’ stance is not fair or appropriate in my opinion....it puts financial pressure on the most loyal members of the fan base...unacceptable...

Totally agree

15 minutes ago, GrenadaRed said:

The club have really got this wrong and are at risk of undoing a lot of the goodwill built up in recent seasons, especially this one.  They have previously done a great job encouraging the next generation, but to increase the U12 price in some sections from £50 to £335 is just outrageous (like my sons in W14 Lansdown).  I actually understand the desire to offer the cheaper children's seats in cheaper parts of the ground, but to not recognise that people sit in groups, enjoy where they sit and aren't willing to move constantly, just smacks of a lack of understanding of the match day experience.  An increase is fine, but not that extreme.

Strangely the club email said 'any U12 who purchases a season card in the Dolman or Lansdown stand lower will also be eligible to claim a free shirt, although the season card price is subject to a rise'.  Yet there is no U12 price shown which contradicts this as the U19 offer doesn't include a free shirt, so it can't be confused with that.  Either it's a mistake and U12 prices should be displayed, there was mistake with the text, or a late change of plan?  Let's hope the former as I won't be paying that kind of rise on principle and I really don't want to move sections yet again.  

Sounds like we are in the same boat. 

Can someone from the club please confirm that the rise in a children’s ticket in Lansdown lower central from £50 to £335 is actually correct?

The more time I’ve had to consider this, the more I think it has to be a mistake? I’m not sure I can think of any higher % YoY price rises I’ve seen in almost any other area of life?

Really think we need to show some solidarity and let the club know how this is completely unacceptable. The normal fans and families are being pushed out in favour of yet more corporate priced tickets. If we let them get away with this, then other parts of the ground will certainly follow.

46 minutes ago, adamc6203 said:

This may have already been said, but I am a tad confused as to why Dolman and Lansdown are suffering large price increases (lets not forget a 100% increase in U12) which is hardly encouraging people to bring their children, whereas the South Stand, which I assume includes the much loved 'Section 82ers' get their tickets frozen. Any chance the club @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO could respond, or is that too much to ask?

Don’t think there’s any need for the vitriol to S82, when I’ve already posted my disagreement to this. S82 have had no involvement in the prices. 

We’re all on the same side here mate, don’t let them divide and conquer. 

14 minutes ago, Jacki said:

That’s a scandalous increase isn’t it - shocking. 

Probably explains why they still haven’t put those prices on the website. I don’t think I’ve seen a more outrageous increase in price than that for anything in my life.... looks like they’re just trying to force everyone with kids into the sanitised world of the family area. 

:laugh:.. our posts crossed as I wrote pretty much the same thing at the same time in my last post. It has to be almost unprecedented??

• Admin

Since the closure of the January window, the forum has had plenty of posts about the lack of signings, some of the less enlightened spouting off about how Lansdown should get his hand in his pocket if we want to go up.  

The ruination of modern football is surely coming, the players wages at the top are obscene, this filters down and clubs at all levels are forced into paying over the top wages, sometimes for very average players.  Sadly if we want to be a part of this, the cost is falling on everyone, apart from those top few teams with worldwide followings.  

The prices aren’t wildly expensive, compared to 10 years ago, compared to POTD prices, compared to concerts, theatre and many other attractions and no doubt they aren’t going to reduce anytime soon.  It does seem that the decision to increase certain areas has been taken to maximise revenue, which is I’m afraid, part of the world of football now.

2 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Since the closure of the January window, the forum has had plenty of posts about the lack of signings, some of the less enlightened spouting off about how Lansdown should get his hand in his pocket if we want to go up.  

The ruination of modern football is surely coming, the players wages at the top are obscene, this filters down and clubs at all levels are forced into paying over the top wages, sometimes for very average players.  Sadly if we want to be a part of this, the cost is falling on everyone, apart from those top few teams with worldwide followings.  

The prices aren’t wildly expensive, compared to 10 years ago, compared to POTD prices, compared to concerts, theatre and many other attractions and no doubt they aren’t going to reduce anytime soon.  It does seem that the decision to increase certain areas has been taken to maximise revenue, which is I’m afraid, part of the world of football now.

None of which makes it right 

5 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Don’t think the increase is why people are angry. It is the size of the increase for portions of the stadium. Some people have been sitting with mates and around people they have seen for years and now they have to pay 15-30% extra or more while other parts of the ground range from 0-5%. 

Personally for my 3 ST in dolman it is an increase of over 17%. The national minimum wage is going up just over 4%. That doesn’t seem right. To go from 431 to 499 in one season is absurd. I expected an increase but this is appalling. Unfortuneately it will not matter even if I don’t renew. It wouldn’t be a loss to them just a chance to earn more at matchday prices. Shame on you bcfc @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO

This can’t be right surely. 

This is ******* insane. 

You  My 4 under 11 tickets in Lansdown Centre cost me £200. Are you saying they now cost me £1340?? An increase of £1140? And I have two weeks to find this money on top of the normal season tickets I have to pay for?

I sit with two over 70s (Grandparents) who don’t want to sit high up in the upper Lansdown as they won’t be able to see  

this is crazy  well done city  shitting on the young 

20 minutes ago, StGeorge said:

But compared to last year they are outragoeus. 338% increase. Name me one thing, just one , that has increased that much. 100 times inflation

Not sure why I got quoted on your post, as I never said what you quoted? Strange 

@Matt Parsons BCFCSLO @AdamB

I’m not even sure what my option is for next season in Wheelchair Section A4 in the LS.  The table is greyed out!

Joe is currently u12 this season, but moves into the u19 bracket next season.  I was expecting an increase (somewhere around £99 and no free shirt), but as it currently stands there is no price mentioned.  Does that mean I can’t buy his current seat, or do I pay the next bracket up - £255?  If I can’t re-buy Joe’s ticket in A4, then we won’t be able to sit with the people we’ve been with since 13/14...and we’ve had to move (like many others) to accommodate the redevelopment.  

There will be plenty of others who buy individually, but are part of an informal group, that are gonna be seriously pissed off with this...it seems a bit anti-kid / anti-family....which goes against the strategy of recent years.  

The cynical in me is thinking, "we’ve got the numbers up to the magical 20k average, but the demand is greater (cup run, play-off push etc), we can exploit this".

The table that has been inserted into the OS looks scruffy, like they’ve pasted stuff over the top of last season’s!  It looks rushed.

I’m grateful for the free Carer ticket I get, but it would be an exception in this country to not get one.  Vue Cinema and Wild Place, will allow two carers!!!

16 minutes ago, Wilksi said:

This can’t be right surely. 

This is ******* insane. 

You  My 4 under 11 tickets in Lansdown Centre cost me £200. Are you saying they now cost me £1340?? An increase of £1140? And I have two weeks to find this money on top of the normal season tickets I have to pay for?

I sit with two over 70s (Grandparents) who don’t want to sit high up in the upper Lansdown as they won’t be able to see  

this is crazy  well done city  shitting on the young 

That’s a good point.  Joe wouldn’t want to be any higher / further away because of his eyesight.

Having been a season ticket holder in the same area of th Dolman stand for more years now than i can remember going back way before we sank to the bottom of  div 4, As reward for my continued support  my ticket goes up 16%.

Thank you VERY much bcfc.  your in danger of undoing all your good work this season. it's good night from me & good night from him   !!!

Feel we have shafted the youngsters here, the club were building a good relationship with the fans but see this as a step back. Some of the increases I'm reading are astronomical. The only way to make the club take note is by voting with your feet. I appreciate OTIB is a small portion of our fan base but if the club see a 20% decrease in renewals you would think they need to rethink their strategy. Is that the time? Right, good night fellow reds. 

6 pages in so not sure if this point has been made already, but...

The club know who goes to each game.  I know a lot of people with young kids who have thought £50 for a season ticket that includes a shirt is a great deal.  I'll have some of that.  Now, if said kid is 3 or 4 they may go to maybe 4 or 5 games and the club will know this.  With the under 12 prices being across the board there have been a lot of primary seats being 'occupied' by 3 year olds who hardly ever turn up.  The club is basically saying, either pay more to reserve the seat or, if you are genuinely going to bring your young 'un, go in the less popular section.  This frees up primary seats for adults willing to pay £400 / £500 per season.

There are a lot of unused seats, even at big league games.  Loads of people upgraded their kid's seats for the Manchester games so mates could go. Whether you approve or not, Bristol Sport are taking a risk that we will continue to be successful.  If we are then revenue will increase. If we're not then financially it won't make a huge difference.

Archived