IGNORED

SEASON TICKET PRICES (Merged)

RedM

6 minutes ago, Red Army 87 said:

Wonder if this is payback for the dolman centre as we were relatively unaffected by the redevelopment. “Pissed everyone else off so now it’s their turn.” :fear:

I can't even say yes to that. I had seats where the temporary press area was and had to move. My mum and my to 2 sons were 2 rows apart for a few seasons!

This is not on at all.

4 minutes ago, Harry said:

Lots of people tagging Matt Parsons but I think he might be on holiday. Certainly he told us in S82 when discussing our flag set up this week that he was going to be away this week (not sure if he just meant Saturday for the match or all week?). 

If he is on leave this week, it does seem strange to announce ST prices like this and not expect a backlash. Surely you’d want your fans liaison officer in situ when making such a controversial announcement. 

My two-penneth - I find the increase in kids tickets quite extraordinary. I believed the club were aiming to get more kids to City, turn the whole City as red as it can get, make it the only choice for youngsters to attend City and wipe the other lot off the face of Bristol football. The kids prices in the last 2 seasons have been very commendable and certainly talked to a vision such as the above. With these increases for next season I’m certain it will drive some youngsters away. Poor show City. 

Holiday in time of crisis? I think you'll find that common with this regime.

4 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Can anyone explain why juniors aren’t being offered season tickets in the Lansdown outside the family area? What advantage is it to the club to do this?

The only thing I can think is that it frees up more expensive adult tickets in the most expensive part of the ground, but that’s generally one of the last stands to sell out anyway - and rarely does. So it’s not like they are missing out on prospective adult ticket sales anyway.

So what’s the point?

They want kids in the cheapest seats i expect. Piss poor show.

6 minutes ago, Harry said:

Lots of people tagging Matt Parsons but I think he might be on holiday. Certainly he told us in S82 when discussing our flag set up this week that he was going to be away this week (not sure if he just meant Saturday for the match or all week?). 

If he is on leave this week, it does seem strange to announce ST prices like this and not expect a backlash. Surely you’d want your fans liaison officer in situ when making such a controversial announcement. 

My two-penneth - I find the increase in kids tickets quite extraordinary. I believed the club were aiming to get more kids to City, turn the whole City as red as it can get, make it the only choice for youngsters to attend City and wipe the other lot off the face of Bristol football. The kids prices in the last 2 seasons have been very commendable and certainly talked to a vision such as the above. With these increases for next season I’m certain it will drive some youngsters away. Poor show City. 

Was it Jo Moore the press secretary who coined the term 'a good day to bury bad news' shortly after 9/11 as focus would be elsewhere?

Perhaps the club are taking advantage of Matt taking annual leave for similar purposes.

3 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Seeing as FAN we're apparently consulted, presumably the SCAT were too? Is anyone from either body able to shed any light on the extent of the engagement with fan groups? Are either group prepared to make a statement in support of or condemning the new arrangements?

I'm going to guess they took council from the same person who said that 'toilets in the fan zone would diminish my match day experience and I would rather nowhere to go for a wee'.

• SC&T Board Members
8 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Seeing as FAN we're apparently consulted, presumably the SCAT were too? Is anyone from either body able to shed any light on the extent of the engagement with fan groups? Are either group prepared to make a statement in support of or condemning the new arrangements?

The SC&T was not consulted. FAN was asked for input, which in broad terms was "do not increase prices", but was not given any opportunity to comment on the prices that have now been announced.

16 minutes ago, Red Army 87 said:

Wonder if this is payback for the dolman centre as we were relatively unaffected by the redevelopment. “Pissed everyone else off so now it’s their turn.” :fear:

"Relatively unaffected by the redevelopment"?

Well it now takes an absolute age to get out at the end of a game!! And now going to cost a whole lot more for what is an excellent view but from very poor cramped and uncomfortable seats.

I’m also baffled at the timing. Last year “lose your seat” date was Monday 3rd April. 

This year it’s 19th March? Why? 

The message also comes across quite rude. “Hi cherished customer. We’re bumping your ticket price up by a significant percentage (especially for the kids), hope you don’t mind. You need to pay for it within 2 weeks if that’s ok with you. Oh, if you don’t we’ll sell your seat to someone else. Yes, I know there’s still 2 months of this season left, but it’s important for us to get this done. Hope you understand, dear valued customer”. 

2 minutes ago, Frenchay Red said:

Well it now takes an absolute age to get out at the end of a game!! And now going to cost a whole lot more for what is an excellent view but from very poor cramped and uncomfortable seats.

Agreed. I don't mind them putting the prices up that much as long as they increase my leg and arm room by the same percentage.

5 minutes ago, Frenchay Red said:

Keeps us warm in the winter though.

5 minutes ago, Harry said:

I’m also baffled at the timing. Last year “lose your seat” date was Monday 3rd April. 

The message also comes across quite rude. “Hi cherished customer. We’re bumping your ticket price up by a significant percentage (especially for the kids), hope you don’t mind. You need to pay for it within 2 weeks if that’s ok with you. Oh, if you don’t we’ll sell your seat to someone else. Yes, I know there’s still 2 months of this season left, but it’s important for us to get this done. Hope you understand, dear valued customer”. 

Excellent summary

1 minute ago, Harry said:

It's unnecessary pressure. Maybe they're too stupid to think that people have to budget. I honestly think they just waited until they were sure we weren't going to get promoted before releasing the prices. I'm normally renew straight away. This year I think I'll wait until they release the proper prices.

3 minutes ago, Harry said:

Well maybe section82 can be the political voice of youth supporters and by 'voice' I mean 'don't provide one'.

Banners complaining about the issue  aside, you could withdraw flag and vocal support until some sensible answers from the club are provided - certainly around the increase in the cost of taking kids to the game.

Last year the cost for me and my two boys in W12 was £579, to renew the same seats for next year £1009! haha! 74% increase!! Cheers then.

The advice of 'we would encourage you to move' is difficult as I sit with a group of 12 mates, and i'm the only one with kids, so they quite rightly won't move, and I don't want to move either. bang out of order.

I am spitting feathers over these Lansdown Central season ticket 17.5% price  increases AND the timing AND the short notice AND the apparent removal of the U19 category.  I'm coming up to 67 years old and have been bringing my 16 year old grandson to Ashton Gate since he was 4 years old.  And I have a 180 mile round trip for home games which works out at almost £500's worth of fuel per annum.  Looks like I'll be ringing the ticket office tomorrow to ask what the hell is going on.  I'm thinking it'll be a season ticket for Solihull Moors next season.

53 minutes ago, Snufflelufagus said:

Got to pay for players new contracts somehow.

Yeah but surely double match day concession sales, vastly increased tv revenue, vastly increased crowds this season has helped surpass the revenue forecasts by a distance.

Pay it back - would not be so bad if the club announced some reasons for the increases or details about the loyalty scheme or anything really but once again we are left to stew in the dark which happens so often you wonder if the club enjoy it.

This new FLO needs to stop having his ass licked on here and start talking to fans and addressing issues - he could start by showing his presence on this thread but I suspect just another yes man towing the non-presence line as the rest do at times like this.

Where are the fans groups on this thread btw? Surely they can shed a bit of light without breaking any confidences?

4 minutes ago, KnowleUtd City said:

Last year the cost for me and my two boys in W12 was £579, to renew the same seats for next year £1009! haha! 74% increase!! Cheers then.

The advice of 'we would encourage you to move' is difficult as I sit with a group of 12 mates, and i'm the only one with kids, so they quite rightly won't move, and I don't want to move either. bang out of order.

We had idiots sat behind us in the Williams, and same again when we had to move to the South Stand. Now in W16, we have a great bunch of people all around us. If we go back to the South Stand to save £300, what're the bets we get idiots again?

1 minute ago, RedLionLad said:

We had idiots sat behind us in the Williams, and same again when we had to move to the South Stand. Now in W16, we have a great bunch of people all around us. If we go back to the South Stand to save £300, what're the bets we get idiots again?

Possibly an argument that those paying £300 more are the real fools!

20 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

It's unnecessary pressure. Maybe they're too stupid to think that people have to budget. I honestly think they just waited until they were sure we weren't going to get promoted before releasing the prices. I'm normally renew straight away. This year I think I'll wait until they release the proper prices.

Well, in the sense of a 52 week year they're requiring you to chuck your money at them 2 weeks early or so. So really from a personal budgeting perspective, people will have been not paying since last April.

Whilst I agree this year that it's a) more money and b) earlier than last year, everyone will still know that the first round of renewals will be into mid/late March each year and you need a few hundred quid to pass over at this point. 

Archived