IGNORED

Pisano

Lrrr

2 minutes ago, redsapper said:

I did not make the game today. 

I hope that he got an big hand when he came off. 

A terrific hand on his substitution, in fact the crowd cheered almost every touch he had, even his yellow card! He acknowledged the crowd as well.

9 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

A terrific hand on his substitution, in fact the crowd cheered almost every touch he had, even his yellow card! He acknowledged the crowd as well.

Noticeable a lot of the players went up to him. We looked so much more balanced and he was a constant threat down the right flank. Welcome back Eros! 

There was an amazing difference with him in the team instead of Wright at full back. It’s not that Wright is a bad player, it’s just that he’s a central defender who has been playing at full back. Pisano did everything a full back should do, even though he was a bit cream crackered after 60 minutes. 

4 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

There was an amazing difference with him in the team instead of Wright at full back. It’s not that Wright is a bad player, it’s just that he’s a central defender who has been playing at full back. Pisano did everything a full back should do, even though he was a bit cream crackered after 60 minutes. 

Bang on Pongo.......seemed to make the whole back four more confident knowing they had a proper right back who they didn't need to cover for.

Wonder what people’s views would have been if we had played against a side who weren’t totally abysmal.

As @Bristol Rob says he was absolutely shattered after 20 minutes and the yellow card would have been really costly against a competent side.

He is right, that he couldn’t have picked better opponents but looks miles off being able to play against a better side on that evidence.

8 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Wonder what people’s views would have been if we had played against a side who weren’t totally abysmal.

As @Bristol Rob says he was absolutely shattered after 20 minutes and the yellow card would have been really costly against a competent side.

He is right, that he couldn’t have picked better opponents but looks miles off being able to play against a better side on that evidence.

Yay! Validation. 

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

Good game. He gave it away poorly a couple of times. And did look absolutely knackered, even after his first time up the pitch! But better than I thought he would be having not played for so long. Hope he can get back fit and manage to last the 90 every game. I'm not sure what happens with Wright now when everyone is fit. 

Seems that Bakers a bit injury prone without having extended spells out, as we are in the last part of the season can't see Wright not getting on the pitch a fair bit between now and the end of the season. 

I honestly forgot what it was like to have a proper right back compared to someone filling in. Credit to Bailey Wright for doing a job, but the step up in class from Pisano was so evident. I saw him afterwards and he was beaming when everyone was welcoming him back and saying what a great game he had.

Bit more of a mixed opinion from me to be honest. 

As many have pointed out, he offered so much more going forward than Wright ever can. But I thought he was caught upfield unnecessarily a couple of times and Weds had a couple of breaks down our right that maybe could’ve been more dangerous if they were not utter turd. 

Also, a couple of occasions he was too far infield when we were trying to play out from the back which resulted in us having to go back to Frank or CB’s, whereas an easy pass would have been on had he stayed wide. 

Thats my only criticisms though, but that thought I’d add it for perspective. For his first game back though, I’ll let him off those errors. 

I also thought he looked leaner than he did back in Sept. 

Archived