IGNORED

The Bristol City FC v Sheffield Wednesday FC Match Day Thread 35

Septic Peg

Well done City, absolutely excellent.

Just rewards for the hoardes who ventured out - not too many stayed at home looking at the stands. 

Think the ref deserves a mention, best we’ve had all season. Happy to let the game flow as much as possible and just got on with things. 

Well played boys! That was our Bristol city again, not the long ball garbage of last week. Great to see Eros back too.

As for Wednesday, great fans but, oh dear. I appreciate they're decimated by injuries but they were very poor.

Onwards and upwards. :)

At least it was a bad result for the pigs, that's the only very minor positive I can take from today. 

If a couple of sides in the bottom 3 start to pick up wins we are in big trouble, definitely not too good to go down. 

We published our accounts the other day, it was revealed our wage bill is around 500k a week. Unbelievable. 

45 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

That happens when a player is put under the microscope.

I saw similar poor touches by most of the 10 outfield players, but that is the only one you comment on?. Come on.

Think you will find i am one of the few that hasnt written the bloke off. Lighthearted comment.

3 minutes ago, MCFC said:

You had more there today, than Celtic had at their ground for a quarter final, and a local derby to boot !

In complete fairness, we seem to count all ST holders if they are there or not, as is the modern way. Would have said we were 3-4K light in truth, looking at the empty seats. If you cannot get there, you cannot get there! 

17 minutes ago, Owl Visiting said:

At least it was a bad result for the pigs, that's the only very minor positive I can take from today. 

If a couple of sides in the bottom 3 start to pick up wins we are in big trouble, definitely not too good to go down. 

We published our accounts the other day, it was revealed our wage bill is around 500k a week. Unbelievable. 

I've got a lot of room for your club (and i really don't like Utd) BUT...

I think i've just seen the worst performance by an away team at Ashton Gate in a few years. Wednesday were absolutely and truly shocking. Sad to see in a way.

Reid and Brownhill in particular were the best players on view today, their interplay is just wonderful, Pack and Smith played really well in a solid midfield, I thought Bryan played well and seemed to be targeted for some pretty rough challenges for most of the game, I really like Pisano, I think he is a very well scouted addition to our team, he looked uncomfortable to me today after about 20 minutes but managed another 40 minutes, I really hope he is ok and we can ease him back into the team without making his injuries any worse. I thought Kelly looked good even though he was playing out of position, Walsh looked tidy and Flint and Bryan managed to baby sit Magnússon through the game with just a couple of nervy moments, there was an improvement from Paterson but he is still not firing on all cylinders.

3 great points, 3 great goals, a great hat trick, some great football, I can see us struggling to keep hold of Reid and Brownhill, they are 2 outstanding talents. We have a run of 4 winnable games ahead so hopefully we can consolidate our play off position.

A mention for LJ, back to form for him as well today, tactics correct, team selection correct and substitutions that made sense.

9 minutes ago, Super said:

Think you will find i am one of the few that hasnt written the bloke off. Lighthearted comment.

That's why I was surprised by it.

I feel for him, he really seems as though he wants to be a success here, but sadly it is not working for him, todays game is the sort of game that you hope that our dominance might create a chance for him but sadly it didn't, my problem is that people are writing him off but I cannot recall him missing a single presentable chance, maybe a half chance but even Reid misses them (occasionally), I also think that unlike Diedhiou he is normally a player who likes to play off of the shoulder of the last defender, coming deep to receive the ball is not his normal game.

19 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Reid and Brownhill in particular were the best players on view today, their interplay is just wonderful, Pack and Smith played really well in a solid midfield, I thought Bryan played well and seemed to be targeted for some pretty rough challenges for most of the game, I really like Pisano, I think he is a very well scouted addition to our team, he looked uncomfortable to me today after about 20 minutes but managed another 40 minutes, I really hope he is ok and we can ease him back into the team without making his injuries any worse. I thought Kelly looked good even though he was playing out of position, Walsh looked tidy and Flint and Bryan managed to baby sit Magnússon through the game with just a couple of nervy moments, there was an improvement from Paterson but he is still not firing on all cylinders.

3 great points, 3 great goals, a great hat trick, some great football, I can see us struggling to keep hold of Reid and Brownhill, they are 2 outstanding talents. We have a run of 4 winnable games ahead so hopefully we can consolidate our play off position.

A mention for LJ, back to form for him as well today, tactics correct, team selection correct and substitutions that made sense.

Um, what? He's a left back, and played at left back when he came on. :blink:

32 minutes ago, Owl Visiting said:

And yet still on here, every transfer window, we get told that we need to be landing big name players on big wages or we can’t compete. 

I’ll take this way of doing things every day. 

Fair play to your fans today, in great humour. Embarassing to see 10,000 City fans out or on their way out by the time the whistle blew whilst almost every travelling fan was still there. 

4 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

And yet still on here, every transfer window, we get told that we need to be landing big name players on big wages or we can’t compete. 

I’ll take this way of doing things every day. 

Fair play to your fans today, in great humour. Embarassing to see 10,000 City fans out or on their way out by the time the whistle blew whilst almost every travelling fan was still there. 

Normally I'd stick up for the fans going if they want to, but today I totally agree with what you say.

We totally destroy the oppo and loads of our fans sod off before the end. Weird.

More stay to boo when we have ****** up.

19 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

That's why I was surprised by it.

I feel for him, he really seems as though he wants to be a success here, but sadly it is not working for him, todays game is the sort of game that you hope that our dominance might create a chance for him but sadly it didn't, my problem is that people are writing him off but I cannot recall him missing a single presentable chance, maybe a half chance but even Reid misses them (occasionally), I also think that unlike Diedhiou he is normally a player who likes to play off of the shoulder of the last defender, coming deep to receive the ball is not his normal game.

Agree with that.

6 minutes ago, Kingswoodactor said:

Um, what? He's a left back, and played at left back when he came on. :blink:

He has played mostly left back for us but long-term future seen as a CB and indeed has played for U23's and England U20's there. However, you are right you can't really say he was playing out of position as he has played LB for a large part of his career so far.

Archived