IGNORED

SC&T/FAN/Supporters meeting

Dollymarie

37 minutes ago, Frenchay Red said:

I thought Ashton did not cope that well under pressure when pressed on some of the issues. Came across as a bit of a victim. Said a few times football is a loss making business.

He was close to losing his rag a few times - quite aggressive when people don't simply acquiesce.

58 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

A serious question, which in fairness, I’ve onlt thought of just now... was the content of the meeting all based around telling the club that price rises were to much and time Windows too short, or did anyone ask the club to explain the financial impact that these new prices might have for the football club (based on like for like numbers) 

For instance... my Dolman ticket has gone up about £30 I think. That’s fine. 

My son’s has gone up from £50 to £99. A steep percentage rise, but still very good value, so I will be renewing both, but have waited until after this meeting, as requested. 

Now, had the club sat down, explained their position and plans and demonstrated that last years ST revenue was £XYZ and like for like sales would now see this rise to around £XYZ, which would give us an extra £XYZ to invest in the first team squad budget during the summer transfer window, maybe, just maybe, people could understand and justify paying the new rates, for the good of the team that we all support...?!

They were very reluctant to go into any detail of any kind. It was like sound bite central. 

Regarding your last post however, I must disagree. Some people cannot pay the new rates, and it isn't just a matter of being unhappy. For me the club is far more important than the team. If I was offered last years ST prices for all, or promotion to the Premier League, the ST prices would stay the same and sod promotion. Fans come first.

Just now, CyderInACan said:

And don;t forget that NONE of it is Jon Lansdown's fault 

He is not involved except he is head of Bristol Sport who advised the prices and on the board of BCFC who signed them off.

And remember the only person who gives money to BCFC is Steve Lansdown and no one else...except the 20k ish that turn up every week.

9 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

You and about 15,925 others. 

Thats not a dig. I couldn’t make it either. But with the supposed reaction on here, I had expected hundreds there to fight their corner. 

The club, I would think, will simply think that it’s really not that big an issue.

They’ve done their bit in providing senior executives for a short notice, open meeting that was demanded by supporters, yet the turnout suggests (rightly or wrongly) it’s just a vocal minority and I would be amazed if any further amendments were made to any policies off the back of it. 

Apart from MA who were the other 'senior executives' present?

Thanks very much to everyone who was able to go and represent us, pointless exercise though it sounds to have been.

Our club are sadly treating us with total contempt and arrogance. It's becoming clear now why Ashton was so hated at Watford imo.

As a result of the price hikes, I will no longer spend a penny in the ground. The £20 plus I will no longer contribute to the club on matchdays will make up for the price rises imposed on my daughter and I within 4 games and will cost them a great deal more than that over the season. We are fans of Bristol City FC not customers or cash cows, and I would urge everyone else to do the same.

35 minutes ago, Frenchay Red said:

I spoke to him in the carpark afterwards and asked if they had considered a more even increase across all areas of the ground to raise the money required, thus perhaps softening the increase for those hardest hit. 

His reply was along the lines of however it's done you're damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Thanks for asking the question - the answer is complete and utter deflection.

It's really not a situation where you are damned whatever you do. At present the gulf between certain increases and other flat pricing is so extreme I honestly cannot imagine that you'd be damned by those who have no increase, if you asked them to pay a little more to make it more equitable.

Myself and countless other adults have a 3% increase, which is nominal in real terms. Kids in the same blocks have a 100% increase. Elsewhere there are even stands where everyone has zero increase. It's cynical engineering of existing fans out of some seats, to increase yield in those stands.

Even if you have reasoned for the longer term that kids promotional pricing was too far out of whack, 0/3% vs 100% in one season is not the way to solve it. Why not aim to correct the imbalance over several seasons but share the impact in the short term (i.e. 5% vs 50%, or 10% vs 25% each year).

I just don't buy that you'd be damned for asking some of us to pay some kind of increase where we're not presently at all, and claiming otherwise is a cover up, hoping to imply this is just a debate on different shades of pricing, when the awkward truth is that it is actually a strategy to move fans. 

Mark Ashton has completely ducked that one by the sounds of it and with reason. But then I wouldn't expect it to be his job to manage the detail of this. Someone else at City should be accountable for the pricing strategy. Add in this loyalty nonsense and the whole thing is farcical mismanagement.

£50 for a Season Ticket was an excellent deal, I do wonder if we will ever see such terms again, as any increase viewed as a % is going to appear massive.

Even to £55 would be a 10% rise.

What were the comparisons between adult and child prices in years gone by?

40 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Apart from MA who were the other 'senior executives' present?

36 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

Doug Harman and Gavin Marshall (CFO, Bristol Sport)

Also in attendance were Matt Parsons & Adam Baker plus Lisa Knights and A N Other who piped up when I mentioned the loyalty scheme - maybe Matt somethingorother

18 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Also in attendance were Matt Parsons & Adam Baker plus Lisa Knights and A N Other who piped up when I mentioned the loyalty scheme - maybe Matt somethingorother

Blimey, that's a lot.

Still outnumbered by the fans by 10 to 1 though by the sound of it.

Well done to everyone who went.

50 minutes ago, Olé said:

Thanks for asking the question - the answer is complete and utter deflection.

It's really not a situation where you are damned whatever you do. At present the gulf between certain increases and other flat pricing is so extreme I honestly cannot imagine that you'd be damned by those who have no increase, if you asked them to pay a little more to make it more equitable.

Myself and countless other adults have a 3% increase, which is nominal in real terms. Kids in the same blocks have a 100% increase. Elsewhere there are even stands where everyone has zero increase. It's cynical engineering of existing fans out of some seats, to increase yield in those stands.

Even if you have reasoned for the longer term that kids promotional pricing was too far out of whack, 0/3% vs 100% in one season is not the way to solve it. Why not aim to correct the imbalance over several seasons but share the impact in the short term (i.e. 5% vs 50%, or 10% vs 25% each year).

I just don't buy that you'd be damned for asking some of us to pay some kind of increase where we're not presently at all, and claiming otherwise is a cover up, hoping to imply this is just a debate on different shades of pricing, when the awkward truth is that it is actually a strategy to move fans. 

Mark Ashton has completely ducked that one by the sounds of it and with reason. But then I wouldn't expect it to be his job to manage the detail of this. Someone else at City should be accountable for the pricing strategy. Add in this loyalty nonsense and the whole thing is farcical mismanagement.

I can't remember if it was MA or Gavin Marshall who said it, but it was said that there was an aim to move families to the family area.

This of course, as has been pointed out, would free up "prime" seats to generate more income.

They talked about "bench-marking" by looking at other Championship clubs and said we need to bring our prices more inline with the rest of the league as we were at the cheaper end of the scale at the moment. So this is only going to keep going in the same direction it seems to me.

They have to be a careful though in my view, as people will walk away if they feel they are being taken for a ride and/or don't feel they are getting reasonable value, especially with all the parking problems, which if the RPZ is extended will only get worse.

2 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Why haven’t they left the “Plus” scheme in place for this season and spent the next 12 months putting together this alternative package, rather than leaving such an annoyingly vague replacement, that nobody has a clue about what it will consist of..? 

Have I misread the announcement? The way it read to me they were giving every ST holder the equivalent of what is plus this year because most of us were plus already anyway. The alternative package would therefore be in addition (again, assuming I read it correctly) - in which case this part of the overall  situation isn't a problem

I sit in the family area already with my two boys - we have a small increase where the drop is the adult price partially offsets the loss of the free child ticket, so I could be sitting here with an I'm alright Jack attitude. But the way this has been done, especially the speed that they are trying to do it in doesn't feel fair to my fellow fans so I'm not happy either. Having said that, if those who are seeing the eye-watering increases for kids tickets do decide to come up, you might be surprised at how vocal it is beginning to get up there (albeit with far less swearing), so you can help make it an even more interesting place for the kids to come to and get them to love joining in with the atmosphere too :)

3 minutes ago, Frenchay Red said:

Well on the evidence of last night, she sits in silence on a bar stool.

Like some sort of Evil Empress - overseeing her minions to make sure they stayed on-message, ready to silence them with a lightning-bolt dare they agree with anything raised from the floor by the great unwashed. 

10 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

I think she's Bristol Sport's Head of Comms? 

Head of comms - Extrasensory Perception Division.

If she did sit silently on a barstool for the duration of the meeting.

Who picked up on what she was saying? Come on, at least one of you must have 'the gift'

It all feels to me that Bristol Sport know that by not increasing prices for a big section of our support and hitting others with a massive increase they can effectively ‘divide and conquer ‘ and sit back knowing that in the end, when the dust settles the outcry will be confined to a few sections of our fan base.  If they get away with this then next year they will pick on another group of fans and follow the same model.  No one section should be see their ticket increase by such large percentages. We are all City fans no matter where we sit.  Solidarity, keep emailing demanding answers and don’t renew yet.  It could be you trying to find the cash next year.

Archived