IGNORED

SC&T/FAN/Supporters meeting

Dollymarie

18 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I think that’s a deliberate side of my character. 

I fully believe in the club treating supporters well and being accountable, but I also believe the same of people who are quick enough to moan, snipe & Bitch about things on here, yet never step forward and take up the numerous opportunities that the club present, to put forward their thoughts, ideas & suggestions via constructive channels. 

If that runsvanyone up the wrong way, then I’m not going to apologise for it. I thought people didn’t want “doormats” or “yes men” on these kind of groups..? That has to work both ways, imho. 

Can't disagree with any of that :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

I don't know is the honest answer.

I have seen the meeting mentioned on here, but I don't know where else it has been advertised.

At a guess (and it is a guess I haven't checked) I would imagine the SCAT mailing list have all been contacted and on the back of that, those who have links to the Senior Reds have also shared the message, with word of mouth, social media and the official club website you would like to think there is extensive reach to invite people. 

It's in the Bristol Post today as well. So that will inform the 7 people who still read it.

2 hours ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

Still waiting for this FAN bunch to actually achieve something other than simple box ticking exercises

The supporters were never elected so shouldn't really be taken as a decision making group on something so important that should at worst be for the trust etc 

I think you'll find both FAN and SCAT hold elections for vacancies on their relevant panels as evidenced in meetings discussing nominations and elections in the minutes for either organisation. I recently completed a 4 year term in a similar role (was elected by a majority) and caused uproar when I went against the status quo. I couldn't run for either FAN or SCAT though as I'm an actual arsehole on here and relish that fact. 

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

I don't know is the honest answer.

I have seen the meeting mentioned on here, but I don't know where else it has been advertised.

At a guess (and it is a guess I haven't checked) I would imagine the SCAT mailing list have all been contacted and on the back of that, those who have links to the Senior Reds have also shared the message, with word of mouth, social media and the official club website you would like to think there is extensive reach to invite people. 

No email here tbf and I'm a paid up member of SCAT.

29 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

It's in the Bristol Post today as well. So that will inform the 7 people who still read it.

The post also states (from an email from the club) . . . 

'The new loyalty programme is still in its design phase. This means although we have a good idea of how we will reward supporters, the detail has not been defined at this stage. I imagine this will all be realised ahead of the start of next season in the summer.'

It has also been confirmed that there will are no current discounts for supporters wishing to purchase both Bristol City and Bristol Rugby season cards.

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

I think that’s a deliberate side of my character. 

I fully believe in the club treating supporters well and being accountable, but I also believe the same of people who are quick enough to moan, snipe & Bitch about things on here, yet never step forward and take up the numerous opportunities that the club present, to put forward their thoughts, ideas & suggestions via constructive channels. 

If that runsvanyone up the wrong way, then I’m not going to apologise for it. I thought people didn’t want “doormats” or “yes men” on these kind of groups..? That has to work both ways, imho. 

Just out of interest what is your stance on the new price hikes as you are usually quite defensive of the club when it comes to admission prices?

1 minute ago, harrys said:

Just out of interest what is your stance on the new price hikes as you are usually quite defensive of the club when it comes to admission prices?

My personal opinion is....

I completely understand what the club are trying to do, and why (maximising seat sale value for the most popular areas)

I don’t agree with it though. I don’t think kids will get hooked, like I was, by being bunched up together in a family area, personally. 

I’m glad that the club have already listened to protests on the Lansdown kids prices, and re-introduced those. 

I have an under 12’s ticket for my 3 (nearly 4 year old) £50 was exceptionally good value. Especially with a free shirt. (Mini kit)

I think that £99 is still a very good price, but I think that it’s simply wrong to double any price overnight, even if it remains good value.

I think the loyalty scheme sounds a shambles and should either be announced, or left as it was. 

I think that hefty (percentage)increasesshould probably be implemented only for new purchasers, and renewals should be less so. 

I can see why they don’t want seats in the lower bowl taken up by “£2/3/4 a game kids” when it’s selling out most games - but come out and say that..! I also think they need to remember and acknowledge that existing STH were the reason for such large growth in attendances, and reward that, rather than just lump the prices up overnight. 

4 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

My personal opinion is....

I completely understand what the club are trying to do, and why (maximising seat sale value for the most popular areas)

I don’t agree with it though. I don’t think kids will get hooked, like I was, by being bunched up together in a family area, personally. 

I’m glad that the club have already listened to protests on the Lansdown kids prices, and re-introduced those. 

I have an under 12’s ticket for my 3 (nearly 4 year old) £50 was exceptionally good value. Especially with a free shirt. (Mini kit)

I think that £99 is still a very good price, but I think that it’s simply wrong to double any price overnight, even if it remains good value.

I think the loyalty scheme sounds a shambles and should either be announced, or left as it was. 

I think that hefty (percentage)increasesshould probably be implemented only for new purchasers, and renewals should be less so. 

I can see why they don’t want seats in the lower bowl taken up by “£2/3/4 a game kids” when it’s selling out most games - but come out and say that..! I also think they need to remember and acknowledge that existing STH were the reason for such large growth in attendances, and reward that, rather than just lump the prices up overnight. 

All good points well made

• Admin
29 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Any idea if FAN/SCAT have reached out to the rugby supporters group/forum?

Guess that they will be losing their PLUS membership as well, so they might want to attend the meeting.

Nothing on their forum http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/list/s100.htm @Bristol Rob Can only assume they will see similar hikes in price too, so would be in their interests

5 hours ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

Without wanting this to get into a personal debate, often your posts around the FAN meetings come across as confrontational.

Not so much this thread but there have been many in the past

Are you surprised? So "I am still waiting for this fan bunch to actually achieve something" is not confrontational?

Looking forward to seeing you at the next meeting, I am sure that you will add greatly to any debate.

Archived