IGNORED

Away matches

Redmycolour

2 hours ago, Redmycolour said:

This is my first away game with city,I've been advised not to wear your team colours to away matches is this correct advice, 

Burton will be fine. Most grounds are these days yes games like Cardiff and Millwall but can't think of others where I would consider not wearing my shirt. Enjoy the experience I feel it is so much better away than at the gate.

1 hour ago, Fodbarmyarmy said:

As many have already stated you are ok these days to wear your teams colours to any ground....as long as you don't act the bigun...

however be aware that some pubs do not allow team colours to be worn 

Generally I'd agree, but I heard a lone City fan in colours and bothering nobody was attacked after the PNE match.

1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Generally I'd agree, but I heard a lone City fan in colours and bothering nobody was attacked after the PNE match.

Ended up in hospital by all accounts, a cheap shot from behind then put the boot in while  he was on the ground. The PNE fans are up in arms about it to be fair to them.

11 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Ended up in hospital by all accounts, a cheap shot from behind then put the boot in while  he was on the ground. The PNE fans are up in arms about it to be fair to them.

100% accurate...
it was my brother in law it happened to,my son also got punched
we were walking back to the car & a couple of pne fans gave us abuse ,we told them to hush & carried on walking..
next thing we were surrounded & started on.
99.9% of the preston fans were superb & helped until the ambulance turned up..

The poor bloke posted on here the other day and mentioned about getting punched and said it was a cowardly attack from behind.

4 hours ago, Redmycolour said:

This is my first away game with city,I've been advised not to wear your team colours to away matches is this correct advice, 

I take our kid (17 year old) and a couple of his mates to most away games and to be honest, there are a few stadiums that I say don't show any colours (mainly cos I drive and we have to walk through the home fans) but I think the only violence I've heard of this season was at Sheffield Utd a few punches were thrown probably cos we just beat them in the final minute so emotions were running high and of course what happened at Preston with that bloke.  Burton is probably one of the friendliest grounds going along with Norwich

2 minutes ago, pommers65 said:

100% accurate...
we were walking back to the car & a couple of pne fans gave us abuse ,we told them to hush & carried on walking..

Hope your brother in law and son are ok now

8 minutes ago, pommers65 said:

100% accurate...

Sorry to hear that mate. Cowards.

17 minutes ago, pommers65 said:

100% accurate...

Just read about it in the BEP.  Sorry to hear that. Hope your family are all ok!  

1 hour ago, pommers65 said:

100% accurate...

I'm really sorry to hear this Pommers and, obviously, I hope all concerned are ok. 

3 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

personally I've always chosen not to wear colours at away games and never had any trouble over the years.

it's a personal choice.

Accents are very recognisable so sometimes you may want to keep your mouth shut in certain places. Ooh arr.

You don't realise til your out of the City how strong your accent is. I didn't think mine was too potent til I went oop north to Leicester and got the piss ripped out of me the whole time.

It's Burton in fairness though, probably the friendliest away day in the league atm, maybe after Reading or Norwich.

I wear colours when I go away (because my kid wears hers and likes me to too) - Go to about 4 or 5 away games a year and walk back to car through home fans and never had any hint of trouble.  Lost my current shirt so will just be the smock coat and piece of straw to chew tomorrow. I've always find home fans pretty friendly and up for a chat.

4 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

3 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

2 hours ago, pommers65 said:

100% accurate...

Not surprised in the slightest, never understood the love in for that lot. When we played them in our promotion season years ago a mate on his own in a pub, couldn't get a ticket but came up as we were all staying in Blackpool. Load of lads came in a gave him a hiding . Same game a load of them came down the street attacking young lads in shirts and scarfs, scum.

6 hours ago, phantom said:

The bigger issue is some bars may not let away fans in wearing colours, but as others have alluded to above Burton is one place you will not have any problems

Believe it or not there are some home fan only pubs in Burton. The large one when you come out of the station and turn right and walk 100 yards towards the town centre from memory (Devonshire?) has bouncers on and signs up about it. The smaller pub Roebuck right next to the station is fine (but small).

Archived