IGNORED

This is it today.

barneyrubble

I think the season could be decided for us today, lose or draw against Burton with there  horrible home record and a probable win for boro would leave a gap and shatter our confidence.

The performance at Preston was not a bad one just showed flaws in both boxes.We must be more ruthless.

I think we will win today and it may spark a good run, however Lj has a very interesting team selection to make,can see him going for something new.

Prediction city win 3 1  

Any views on team for today?

9 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

Believe me. the season will NOT be decided in March

We do not have the strength and depth to get in that top 6 and stay there

We have nothing more then a 'punchers chance'

The club royally ****** up with their recruitment in January, and boy, does it show

21 minutes ago, Barney red said:

I think the season could be decided for us today, lose or draw against Burton with there  horrible home record and a probable win for boro would leave a gap and shatter our confidence.

The performance at Preston was not a bad one just showed flaws in both boxes.We must be more ruthless.

I think we will win today and it may spark a good run, however Lj has a very interesting team selection to make,can see him going for something new.

Prediction city win 3 1  

No chance will the season be decided today

3 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

The club royally ****** up with their recruitment in January, and boy, does it show

As much as I may agree, the season will NOT be decided in March. Strewth, I remember Swindon thought they'd won League 1 in November in the days of not so long ago.

As a complete aside, I was reading a thread on KUMB, where West Ham fans were debating whether or not they'd be better off playing in The Championship. They stand a chance of doing well in The Championship......

32 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

I said in December let's not make the same mistakes as 2008. Arguably we made worse decisions. At least Carle and Adebola were effective in some games. Our Jan signings were woeful this year. All three. 

I agree with your sentiment. Today is very important.

BUT this game won’t decide our season. Anything can happen in football. We could lose today but still end up going on excellent run and finish solidly in the play-offs.

Who thought we’d turn it around last season after our terrible run? Who thought we’d start this season so well? Anything can happen and as a previous poster said, our season won’t be decided in March.

Need to bounce back sharpish though!

43 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

No they did I not royally **** up.

LJ and MA adhered to SLs strategy/philosophy so if you want to point the finger, blame SL himself.

City could do with a win today for sure. It's test of the depth of squad and with the two suspensions it'll mean changes to the team and hopefully Baker is fit to play.Kelly will probably start at LB.

A win would almost certainly put us back in the top six and be a morale boost after the loss at Deepdale. 

24 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

I said in December let's not make the same mistakes as 2008. Arguably we made worse decisions. At least Carle and Adebola were effective in some games. Our Jan signings were woeful this year. All three. 

My biggest concern is I dont fully trust them to bring in the right players going forward. We have made a couple of good signings...but by and large, weve wasted an awful lot of money in the last 2 years

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

City could do with a win today for sure. It's test of the depth of squad and with the two suspensions it'll mean changes to the team and hopefully Baker is fit to play.Kelly will probably start at LB.

A win would almost certainly put us back in the top six and be a morale boost after the loss at Deepdale. 

Sometimes a youngster like Kelly coming in can be the spark, the freshness that is the catalyst.  I hope so.

2 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

My biggest concern is I dont fully trust them to bring in the right players going forward. We have made a couple of good signings...but by and large, weve wasted an awful lot of money in the last 2 years

I said in another post that recruitment will come under scrutiny as we go into next season.  Brownhill and O’Dowda have given him credit for Engvall and Moore (who I feel will still come good).  We can’t keep spending £1.5m on players (is that now £2m this summer) and seeing no returns.  There must be cheaper youngsters.  I understand Bakinson was in the region of £0.3-0.5m!

59 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

As much as I want to clap with a big smile on my face , I totally agree . What the hell were we thinking in January and how much say did LJ have over the signings of Walsh, Diolny and Kent ? Not one of them a starter now and nowhere near good enough . Utter waste of time signing them . 

Another big game, but not a decider, that’s for sure. As for January, don’t personally think they did anything different than what they were being lauded about earlier in the season. Something most fans from my memory were behind ( not signing expensive journey men ) & something I will still be behind come what may. COYR 

1 hour ago, Barney red said:

Prediction city win 3 1  

In eight "head to heads" as managers,Clough has the advantage over Johnson......

Would not be at all surprised to see us struggle with their style of play & our awful form continuing,losing by the odd goal.

Cue a meltdown on here tonight...................and rightly so.

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Sometimes a youngster like Kelly coming in can be the spark, the freshness that is the catalyst.  I hope so.

BE great if Kelly came in and played a fantastic game, then played well for the next two.

Not only good for him but would give Bryan something to think about.

10 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Totally agreed. Apart from Brownhill, COD (jury still out), Diedhiou, Paterson and hmmmm I don't include Baker as he was a Burt/SC moment of excellence....our signings for the money spent have been average. 

Andy is such a positive, balanced poster it is a treat to read his comments. He has given the club, SL, MA, Lj mega credit all year and now is perhaps right to question one or two minor thing. Recruitment in January does now look questionable but overall the R&R (Retention just as important) still looks ok to me. To be without Bobby, Flint, Bryan for the rest of the season would feel impossible

The real blow has been Pisano & CoD injuries and they may still get us over the line into 6th which would be a truly remarkable performance given where we were 12 months ago (playing Burton at home having lost just about every game for 3 months

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Jeez............:facepalm:

It was. Performances and results have proved it and will continue to prove it

Please dont sit there and try to belittle me and others by trying to make out you have a 'superior knowledge' of football to everyone else And stop acting like you can 'see a bigger picture' that no one else can see. 

I put it to you...next season....we will not come close to the play offs. Wait and see

i dont get this cheap option thing.

although under contract,i think some of our players might have had substantial pay rises to ensure the squad LJ is building stays together and they dont go looking for more average top end championship wages elsewhere  which is afterall what the club has achieved this season. im only guessing and am no way itk to suggest this is true but know i would want the best wage i could get in a short career regardless of any loyalty which i dont think really factors in football these days

Archived