IGNORED

The Burton Albion FC v Bristol City FC Match Day Thread 37

Septic Peg

Hiya folks!

@havanatopia is probably somewhere over the Indian Ocean as he returns home from his winter season here in the UK. 

So I'm sure we will all wish him a safe flight and hope he enjoyed his trip. He does believe however, that his presence in the UK may have been the reason for our poor performance of late and his departure will show an upturn in our fortunes... I'm sure that's not the case but if it is, I have Border Control on speed dial to ensure he is barred from ever re-entering. We all have to make sacrifices for City...

Last time, I referenced ticketgate and since Wednesday's FAN meeting where BS and MA came along with their "like it or lump it" attitude, there has been a definite increase in frustration and anger, especially within the groups affected. MA seems to be more slimy than the contents of the creek behind the Lansdown Stand and has always been very much, a Marmite character.

Transition.

Yes, marmite leads me beautifully to today's opponents. The most famous product to come out of Burton is MA's hair gel, Marmite. Traditionally, it was a by product of the breweries that created ales in the northern town. 

But did you know it was a German that discovered you could eat brewers yeast aka Marmite? Yep, Justus von Liebig was the fella that sussed it out. His company also went on to make the Oxo cube... wowzers. See, you learn something new everyday...

Burton are currently in the shit in 23rd place so naturally, they'll thrash us. 3-1 Burton.

Hoping @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO hasn't been scalped yet on Coach 2...

Come on you reds...

2 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Teams to be announced soon, but i'm guessing at

Fielding

Pisano Wright Maggers Kelly

Brownhill Smith Pack Kent

Reid Diedhiou

Unless Eros is still not fit enough and he plays Browners at RB

Baker got off the coach. He has to be in at cb!

mags lb. 

1 hour ago, Septic Peg said:

Hiya folks!

@havanatopia is probably somewhere over the Indian Ocean as he returns home from his winter season here in the UK. 

So I'm sure we will all wish him a safe flight and hope he enjoyed his trip. He does believe however, that his presence in the UK may have been the reason for our poor performance of late and his departure will show an upturn in our fortunes... I'm sure that's not the case but if it is, I have Border Control on speed dial to ensure he is barred from ever re-entering. We all have to make sacrifices for City...

Last time, I referenced ticketgate and since Wednesday's FAN meeting where BS and MA came along with their "like it or lump it" attitude, there has been a definite increase in frustration and anger, especially within the groups affected. MA seems to be more slimy than the contents of the creek behind the Lansdown Stand and has always been very much, a Marmite character.

Transition.

Yes, marmite leads me beautifully to today's opponents. The most famous product to come out of Burton is MA's hair gel, Marmite. Traditionally, it was a by product of the breweries that created ales in the northern town. 

But did you know it was a German that discovered you could eat brewers yeast aka Marmite? Yep, Justus von Liebig was the fella that sussed it out. His company also went on to make the Oxo cube... wowzers. See, you learn something new everyday...

Burton are currently in the shit in 23rd place so naturally, they'll thrash us. 3-1 Burton.

Hoping @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO hasn't been scalped yet on Coach 2...

Come on you reds...

Bit of an unhealthy fixation with Marmite in your thread Peg.  Should I be worried?

Honestly believe we'll lose today if Burton set out with men behind the ball. I can see them frustrating us and sooner or later our defense costing us. I think if we want to win the game we need the first goal, if Burton get it I have a feeling they'll shut up shop and counter to frustrate us further.

3 minutes ago, Spike said:

Honestly believe we'll lose today if Burton set out with men behind the ball. I can see them frustrating us and sooner or later our defense costing us. I think if we want to win the game we need the first goal, if Burton get it I have a feeling they'll shut up shop and counter to frustrate us further.

Kind of what they did at AG even without scoring.

Hope Baker has 90 in him, pretty sure Pisano does not just yet. Fingers crossed. Given all that, a little surprised to see Mags dropped, but pretty sure he will be on at some stage. 

Archived