IGNORED

Half Season Tickets From The Start?

RedM

I’m reading a lot on here about people not being able to commit to a ST next season for financial reasons. Putting aside the disgraceful increases and treatment particularly of the young and old in certain blocks, people have mentioned other financial strains. Eg council tax increases, rent, bills, travel, etc, etc. So what about the club offering a half season ticket? 

We offer one usually from a Boxing Day onwards, but what about the first half of the season? A discount on the second half could be offered if people go on and commit fully. Maybe it might have to be a little dearer than the full season one (pro rata) but it would allow people to attend when now they simply can’t. People could then save up for the second half.

I realise the club wants as much money up front as possible, and if we have an awful season people may not commit when Boxing Day arrives, but we could sell 20,000 half tickets for the same price as 10,000 full ones. That’s got to be the same for starters hasn’t it?

@Dollymariehave the SC&T or FAN considered asking the club about something like this?

32 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I like the idea on a practical level - but can’t seen the club going for it. If we were bottom in December they’d lose out on lots of revenue from people inevitably not renewing for the second half of the season.

That was my concern too, I don’t think I expressed it very well. But on the strength that we like to be innovative and try something different who knows.

Maybe fans commit to the full season but payment gets taken out in two lump sums?

Previously guidance from the ticketing team has to been to advise fans wishing to spread payments across the season to the pay monthly scheme where the cost of a season card is spread over 10 equal payments instead of everything up front. It's important to know there is a £25 admin charge to set this up. 

I appreciate many fans don't like having another monthly payment coming out, so its not something that will suit everyone. 

I will mention the above idea too. 

Matt

25 minutes ago, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:

Previously guidance from the ticketing team has to been to advise fans wishing to spread payments across the season to the pay monthly scheme where the cost of a season card is spread over 10 equal payments instead of everything up front. It's important to know there is a £25 admin charge to set this up. 

I appreciate many fans don't like having another monthly payment coming out, so its not something that will suit everyone. 

I will mention the above idea too. 

Matt

I would certainly like the option of paying 2 or 3 lumps, rather that a 10 month direct debit. 

Perhaps, especially as being asked to buy so early! An option of paying a set deposit now 25% maybe and being able to pay it off in full before August..? 

Half season tickets from half way is more likely I reckon.

Don't get me wrong, this forum is hardly representative of the entire fanbase but it is surely an indication of how the average fan feels? That being the case whilst for many it is the sheer amount of increase that will deter renewal, for others it is the principle. That being the case the club will do its usual, keep quiet and hope they get enough renewals at the new prices to feel vindicated.

23 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

I have to say that many people who moan about the cost of season tickets seem to find the money for fags, booze and fast food OK.

I know that's not true for some, but often, it's a case of getting your prioriries sorted.

If you can't afford to feed the kids, that's different, of course.

I have read some rubbish on this forum but think this deserves some sort of award.

1 hour ago, wendyredredrobin said:

I have to say that many people who moan about the cost of season tickets seem to find the money for fags, booze and fast food OK.

I know that's not true for some, but often, it's a case of getting your prioriries sorted.

If you can't afford to feed the kids, that's different, of course.

We are standing together against rises in the costs of season tickets for disabled fans, children and the general 'class-cleansing' in the 'premium' seats.

Children and the disabled. Are these the chain-smoking drunkards you are referring to?

'Finding money for fast food' just highlights the ignorance as fast food is often the cheapest way to consume enough calories! You could go to McDonalds with a few pounds and in that you could eat your daily recommended calories. Or you could try and eat clean and fresh and probably consume half your recommended calories for a similar spend. If you are cash strapped the cheapest way to eat enough to fuel yourself is from fast food or calorie dense cheap food like biscuits.

2 hours ago, 29AR said:

We are standing together against rises in the costs of season tickets for disabled fans, children and the general 'class-cleansing' in the 'premium' seats.

Children and the disabled. Are these the chain-smoking drunkards you are referring to?

'Finding money for fast food' just highlights the ignorance as fast food is often the cheapest way to consume enough calories! You could go to McDonalds with a few pounds and in that you could eat your daily recommended calories. Or you could try and eat clean and fresh and probably consume half your recommended calories for a similar spend. If you are cash strapped the cheapest way to eat enough to fuel yourself is from fast food or calorie dense cheap food like biscuits.

Some nutritional education seems to be needed there :) You can buy a lot of healthy foot for the price of a big mac fat burger.

I think the half season at start of season is a cracking idea and this will entice people to get on board it’s then down to club to invest right to ensure the public want to return and buy second half ticket on the back of results . Fans commit their money it’s up to the club to invest theirs 

Archived