IGNORED

Our away support: some context/perspective

Jack Dawe

Looked at the main figures then the mileage adjusted figures.

Upshot is, it's an improvement for us...but we're still in the middle part- albeit up from 13th to 11th and an improvement of 23%. From 1,331 to 1,630.

Short version- it's a boost but not a staggering one. Somewhere in midtable in both instances...much like our home attendances, and I dare say our wage bill. Somewhere in the middle though, which is a major improvement on past seasons!

37 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Looked at the main figures then the mileage adjusted figures.

Upshot is, it's an improvement for us...but we're still in the middle part- albeit up from 13th to 11th and an improvement of 23%. From 1,331 to 1,630.

Short version- it's a boost but not a staggering one. Somewhere in midtable in both instances...much like our home attendances, and I dare say our wage bill. Somewhere in the middle though, which is a major improvement on past seasons!

So, not "piss poor" then? 

46 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

'bout mid table using their sums here.

Screen Shot 2018-03-26 at 10.53.48.png

I think SL missed a trick by not buying the town of Burton, renaming in “Bristol” and moving us there. 

Call yourself a business man...?! 

22 hours ago, JBFC II said:

Ipswich have won the first division, the fa Cup, the uefa Cup and competed in the European Cup in their history, they are a much bigger club than us. 

25 years ago, Norwich were beating the likes of bayern Munich in Europe, again they are much bigger

I am talking to-day, past glories are gone, and at the moment we are on a par with both clubs, even ahead I would say. 

On 3/25/2018 at 09:53, Jack Dawe said:

Fair enough. But the population of Leeds is 750k, Bristol 440k and Leeds average about 31k and between us and Rovers we average about 28k (with some in Bristol watching L1 crud). Leeds could be getting a few more, couldn't they? We can go on like this forever.

Me, I'm just content to say that over the whole season our averages home and away in a league like this with many clubs bigger than almost half PL clubs, our support is okay, and nothing to beat ourselves up about.

Indeed, I'm also saying highlighting individual away games that are our least attractive trips and then labelling our support as a whole as "piss poor" etc, is playing into the hands of alternative-reality Blue Few saddoes. It's like highlighting Man City away and insisting we are "huge" and a "big club" and should be in the Prem etc. Both are a nonsense.

We are not a club that goes anywhere, everytime in thousands, never have been, never will be; and Barnsley's never going to be a popular day out (we have played there once or twice recently). What we are, in the Championship, is a medium size fish in a big pond and I am not upset or surprised about that.

I think we are alright. Not great/massive, not sh1t/tinpot. Just alright.

Nailed....

Archived