IGNORED

Fans Funding Fans of the Future

Blagdon red

• SC&T Board Members
3 hours ago, SX227 said:

Even from Australia this stinks by BS

I've just chipped in 100 quid

I only ask that it goes to a pensioner who CANNOT afford the increase, and has been a regular season ticket holder who has been forced to move.

Be nice if @MarkAshton matched my donation - especially as it costs me 2000 quid to watch my 2 games a year.

I'm not holding my breath.

Thanks for that very generous donation. We will ensure it is used to help a pensioner who can't afford the increase, as you stated.

• Admin
14 minutes ago, Ashtonboy said:

I firmly believe that, in judging anyone, account must be given to previous actions and historic stances on a wide range of issues. Steve, for me, is well in credit with his well documented gifts and investments in the club. I DO NOT agree with the latest stance on season ticket pricing, but found your statement to be offensive considering the man's history with the club.

Agree with you about being massively in credit and it shouldn't be underestimated what the guy has done for the clubs legacy, but ultimately it is under his tenureship that for the first time in our clubs history it was necessary for supporters to get together to financially support their fellow fans due to price increases

It's a great gesture and I will doubtless put in a few quid in the coming days.

A couple of things too.

I remember a few years ago, well 20 a fan of that other side in Bristol telling me that fans of them helped pay for a roof over their open end. How I laughed...yet fans helping to subsidise fans, while great solidarity- not something I thought I'd need to see here. 

Another thing- to what extent could this be SL and to what extent could this be JL? By which I mean, as SL naturally takes more of a backseat, to what extent is JL now getting a bigger say over things and pushing the club in a more corporate, expensive direction?

I would also add...why would the club or Bristol Sport donate to it? I would suggest they would make the following calculations:

• It would be an admission, tacitly that their ticket prices, or more specifically the rise for pensioners, kids and the moving of fans were in fact not correct.
  • Most fans will either moan and suck it up, or just renew regardless so from a commercial POV, why spend on something that isn't an issue that the majority are worked up about?

6 hours ago, phantom said:

Same as my thoughts @Bristol Rob as much as it is a MAGNIFICENT gesture by those contributing and the SC&T for organising this, I can't help feeling that this kind of lets Bristol Sport off of the hook.

It is the supporters that are having to pay for their own increased tickets, but also those same supporters that are now helping out the less fortunate.

It all still leaves a sour taste that all these price rises seem to all of a sudden be "accepted" - or am I out of the loop and there are still ongoing discussions about changes in the future (maybe not for this season)

Clearly nobody wanted to affect the team on the pitch, but felt sorry that the only mention of any REAL action was left to a single supporter ( @Harry ) to organise 

I feel exactly the same. I understand fully why the  SC&T are stepping in and although their intentions are totally for the right reasons I certainly don’t feel comfortable with it.

That said I’m not a member of the SC&T so probably have no right to say what they do with their members fees.

6 hours ago, phantom said:

Agree with you about being massively in credit and it shouldn't be underestimated what the guy has done for the clubs legacy, but ultimately it is under his tenureship that for the first time in our clubs history it was necessary for supporters to get together to financially support their fellow fans due to price increases

Absolute bollocks. The man is not a saviour or a philanthropic benefactor. 

He’s a wealthy man who lives in the Channel Islands to mitigate his tax who just so happens to have invested in our club.

He’s at the top of the tree. Looking down with contempt and shitting on the rest of us.

The elephant in the room here is that tickets in the SS have been frozen ever since it opened. I can`t be the only one that would accept say a 7.5% or so increase year on year and that would allow prices for other sections of our support to have theirs increase by about the same or less easily. I calculated my donation to reflect an increase of that level.

• SC&T Board Members

I don’t think there could possibly be a better way of embarrassing the people involved in this shameful episode. 

Ordinary fans helping out other fans who have been forced out of their seat in the Lansdown Stand owned by the billionaire Steve Lansdown. 

You literally couldn’t make it up. 

On 28/03/2018 at 23:15, Curr Avon said:

Exactly. People are a bit overly sentimental about Steve, who, despite having done wonderful things for BCFC is a hard-nosed businessman. That's why he's a billionaire living in Guernsey.

Steve would have been made aware of the price increases and is partly responsible. He's not Darren Lehmann and the scheme wasn't dreamt up on a whim by a 'leadership group'.

Well done to BCSC&T.

Spot on. 

The man has the privilege of deciding that it's too expensive to live in the country where he wants to live. He feels tax is for other people. 

Imagine being so rich that you can't afford to live at 'home' any more. 

• SC&T Board Members
8 minutes ago, The Bountyhunter said:

Contribution from your local City fanzine. Fantastic work, it can't be quick or easy setting this up. Respect from us all.

Thanks. Just seen that come in as I sit here with the pleasant task of sending out gifts of £49 to fellow fans who were hit by the 99% increase for under-12s.

This scheme has certainly shown a great level of solidarity between City supporters.

5 minutes ago, Blagdon red said:

Thanks. Just seen that come in as I sit here with the pleasant task of sending out gifts of £49 to fellow fans who were hit by the 99% increase for under-12s.

This scheme has certainly shown a great level of solidarity between City supporters.

Out of interest, and possibly to help us understand what level of additional fan funding might be required, how many people have been in contact to request assistance?

• SC&T Board Members
18 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Out of interest, and possibly to help us understand what level of additional fan funding might be required, how many people have been in contact to request assistance?

11 to date, with the whole of next week to go (deadline is midnight next Friday).

Archived