IGNORED

The Barnsley v Bristol City Match Day Thread 39

Make no mistakes that was not a good performance today, but it was a scrappy game at times with Barnsley fighting for their lives.

Good to see us come back to equalise and a win against Brentford would make 4 points from this bank holiday weekend a decent return.

As I said a few weeks ago, I don't think we have enough in us to do it, but fair play the boys are hanging on in there.

• Like 2

Not sure why people are gloating at those criticising the team. That was an awful performance typical of the level we’ve been at since the start of the year. A very good header against the run of play against a team that haven’t won at home in five months doesn’t really change that. 

I’m behind Johnson and hope he can find a more consistent direction with what he’s doing but we do seem to have a number of problems that don’t seem to be getting resolved. 

• Like 3
Just now, Major Isewater said:

Papering over the craps I'm afraid . 

This team is badly misfiring.

Got to agree with you. A draw or a win today cannot hide how inconsistent and at the poor end of the scale this team are at present. We will get better but I don't know what it'll take to do that - although I do believe LJ and co are the right people to do it.

We aren't good enough to go up based in this form though and don't deserve to make the playoffs.

A draw at Barnsley, that's about where we are. Two great goals, the looping header at the end making Good Friday more pleasant than it may have been. APART from the two goals, I thought Barnsley seemed the better team and at times our passing and positional play was very, very poor. Where was the movement off the ball today? Where has the movement been off the ball since Christmas?

• Like 2

The question still remains, in fact is underlined by today's draw, as to why our season has collapsed.  Added to last season's record worst run there are serious questions for the coaching staff to answer.  Unless those questions can be answered then there will inevitably be problems continuing into the future.

• Like 1