IGNORED

The Barnsley v Bristol City Match Day Thread 39

1 minute ago, MC RISK77 said:

And what’s your point?

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Under him

After numerous players brought in

You are twisting the facts to suit

Setting results aside have you actually seen our ‘performances’ since Christmas .?

And what’s  your point ?

Edited by BobBobSuperBob
1 minute ago, Major Isewater said:

Please , please , please , for pity's sake , of course we would but we were second at one stage and have been in the top six for most of the season but are you saying that we should all be happy as we slowly sink down the League ?

Unless something changes dramatically , which it must , we will struggle next season.

I'm not saying that at all.

2 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Do you truly believe all is well after two seasons where we have hit relegation form for a long period of the season?  Will our luck hold for a third season?  History sadly suggests it won't.  

My point is that LJ and his staff have to up their game before the first game in the autumn.  Not necessarily promotion, although that was the target LJ set himself on arrival, but a balanced season ending mid table would do me.

Do I truly believe all is well at a club heading for a 4th consecutive season of league position improvement while simultaneously rebuilding its stadium?

Yes.

Strange how mid table “would do” yet here you are berating the management team who has us in 7th spot.

Edited by ChippenhamRed
  • Like 5
6 minutes ago, Cotham Brow Red said:

Christ almighty. Is a draw away when being behind twice really that bad?. Barnsley are one who are gonna be pissy surely.

Your post speaks volumes. Promotion contenders behind twice at 21st place, relegation haunted, Barnsley.

Just now, MC RISK77 said:

We are one point off the playoffs we came from behind twice we are clearly still fighting...amount wetting the bed on here is frightening.

Look at where we were at Christmas. You cant seriously be that happy or evangelical about it?  We drew with a poor Barnsley team and our form doesn't appear to be improving any time soon.  If Barnsley were fighting for their lives then what should we be doing?

The excuses on here are getting weaker.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Doesn’t mean our overall form is relegation-level, which was the claim. It isn’t. It’s a mixed bag.

It is. What distorts the picture is that it consists of such good runs followed by such poor ones. If the same results were more evenly distributed I suspect the response would be a lot less angry.

• Like 4
Just now, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Yes we aren't good enough to go up, but if we did manage it even if we only stay up for one season. look at the parachute payments the club will get. This gives us another chance of getting into the Prem again and possibly staying there,  just like Burnley have.

At the moment though I don't think our performances have been consistent enough to give me confidence that we'll make the playoffs. But it's irrelevant what I think - do you think our performances since Christmas deserve promotion?

Regardless though, there's certainly no guarantee of going back up with the Parachute payments - depends on how it's re-investment.

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

What’s your point ?

My point is we are one point off playoffs still fighting hard with a winnable game on Monday...most exciting season in years with some  quality on the pitch...it’s not perfect but you as well as many others on here would have taken 7th on goal difference at this point of the season.

FFS I bet Millwall fans are buzzing thinking they are still in this race we are a point further ahead of them and it is doom and gloom on here

• Like 1

Late goal and one Point. Well done CityI Think Barnsley looked sharper and were the better team. One Point away and we still are in the race for top six. Frankie saved us several times. all and all Think we were poor defensively and Im happy that we could score late. Lovely ball from Bryan and Brownhills was nice, Famara also scored nice. LJ have something to Think about, Paterson, Kent. Eliasson is better 8 Days a week then Kent. Bring on Brentford. Always Believe, COYR!!!

4 minutes ago, Super said:

Why do people think we just have to turn up to beat teams? Barnsley are desperate for points never going to be an easy game. 

I don’t think that’s the case. But to have a chance of making the playoffs we’re going to have to pick up a couple of wins away from home, and Barnsley offered the best chance of that today. 

I don’t think we looked like getting all three points today at any point, we just couldn’t deal with their simple tactic of lumping it up to their big man.

but a bit of perspective is needed. We lots of  peoples favourites to go down this season, so wherever we finish this year it has been a great season I’m my book.

on any normal day any point away from home is a decent point in the championship. But we needed to win that today

ho hum 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Collapsed? We’re level on points with 5th place and still have a very realistic chance of making the play offs. 3 defeats in the last 12 games and unbeaten in five at home.

Not pretending for one second we are hitting the heights we were pre-Christmas, but would it kill you to find something a bit more balanced to say?

I don't think Ivorguy ever will. The club is suffering from rising attendances, improved league position and all round general progress, so evidently the owners should be investigated/thrown out and the coaching staff severely chastised. The bigger picture is an inconvenient thing on days when we drop points.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Just now, chinapig said:

It is. What distorts the picture is that it consists of such good runs followed by such poor ones. If the same results were more evenly distributed I suspect the response would be a lot less angry.

True.

But then you would probably look at Johnson at bit closer and question the progress made.

1 minute ago, MC RISK77 said:

My point is we are one point off playoffs still fighting hard with a winnable game on Monday...most exciting season in years with some  quality on the pitch...it’s not perfect but you as well as many others on here would have taken 7th on goal difference at this point of the season.

FFS I bet Millwall fans are buzzing thinking they are still in this race we are a point further ahead of them and it is doom and gloom on here

‘FFS ‘.    I bet Millwall fans are buzzing as they haven’t had the opportunity to recruit near 30players in two seasons or so and don5 have the luxury of multi million pound signings in the stands , warm8ng the bench or out on loan

’FFS’

• Like 2

Glad we rescued a point but another poor performance.  It’s becoming a rare event when we click as a team and whilst the league position is great and our league form good in the first half of the season for me I’m questioning how much improvement there has actually been.  I’m not seeing the team working things out for themselves on the pitch and I’m struggling to see that Lee’s learning that quickly as a manager. 

5 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Well in my humble opinion, we got away with that one, we were mainly abject today in what has mainly been an abject 3 months.

LJ who sometimes seems be beyond criticism got pretty much everything wrong today.

Team selection, it was always going to be physical game and he played Paterson who is the softest player on the books and in the middle of a shocking run of form, he leaves out Kelly who had looked solid and replaces him with Bryan who has been struggling for form at left back for a while now, when I would have thought that playing Bryan in a midfield would have been a wiser option.

Substitutes, having made the decision to play Paterson, he takes him off and then inflicts Kent upon us, whose first 4 actions were to give 2 passes away leaving us chasing breakaways and then 2 more passes straight into touch. Kent has been a shocking an unnecessary signing. Djuric for Pack was simply ridiculous, we had a point and he decides to chase the game for all 3 points and it nearly cost us the game.

We got into some very good crossing positions today but our crossing especially when we have time to pick somebody out is aimless.

A point is a point and it’s to our credit that as always we kept going but it has to be said we were lucky in so many ways today, with all of the above and Wright lucky not to have been sent off.

LJ you need to up your game, you got it wrong today.

Good post Esmond. Quite a few things wrong from the start and I was surprised to see Kelly left out, he's been our ray of light in an otherwise poor run of form. On Johnson's decision making, I think the cup run had a bigger impact on Lee than on the players themselves. Let's come back down to earth - if we can do that, we can still make the playoffs.

7 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Do you truly believe all is well after two seasons where we have hit relegation form for a long period of the season?  Will our luck hold for a third season?  History sadly suggests it won't.  

My point is that LJ and his staff have to up their game before the first game in the autumn.  Not necessarily promotion, although that was the target LJ set himself on arrival, but a balanced season ending mid table would do me.

A balanced season ending mid table would be worse than we have done so far this season!! What are you on?

11 minutes ago, Super said:

Why do people think we just have to turn up to beat teams? Barnsley are desperate for points never going to be an easy game. 

Because they are 21st and relegation threatened.

Ergo they lose a lot of points and put simply teams who are better than them should beat them.

i'm confused by your statement. Based on the evidence of 30 plus games Barnsley are not a good team compared to their peers in this division.  If we drop points against them its because we are not better than them, not because Barnsley are better.

1 hour ago, Leveller said:

I don't think Ivorguy ever will. The club is suffering from rising attendances, improved league position and all round general progress, so evidently the owners should be investigated/thrown out and the coaching staff severely chastised. The bigger picture is an inconvenient thing on days when we drop points.

Some people think it's trendy to hate the “project” and wear their hatred as a badge of honour.. you know, the same project that had seen our crowds increase by a few thousand, our league position improve year on year, our turnover go up massively, a first semi final in 30 years and our squad increase immensely in value. But they will never see it that way, a couple of months of patchy form makes the rest of it all irrelevant in their eyes.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Under him

After numerous players brought in

You are twisting the facts to suit

Setting results aside have you actually seen our ‘performances’ since Christmas .?

I have said that 12 months ago we were relegation candidates and now we are promotion contenders, nothing more. Which part of that is “twisted”, exactly?

5 minutes ago, Leveller said:

One day you may begin to understand what concerns some of us have who have supported City for decades and for generations.