IGNORED

LJ Explain yourself

Londoner

7 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

Are we not only one point off top six? Mind you, we are crap nowadays. But hey, LJ is a progressive manager and Warnock is a dinosaur :facepalm:

One point off the top six, we’ve still got to play Milwall & Boro away, so very much achievable. Do you see us beating those two? I can’t personally. Not sure why you’ve mentioned Warnock, as he’s not been mentioned by me 

3 minutes ago, daored said:

One point off the top six, we’ve still got to play Milwall & Boro away, so very much achievable. Do you see us beating those two? I can’t personally. Not sure why you’ve mentioned Warnock, as he’s not been mentioned by me 

Nobody wants Warnock on here. They don't want to watch their team win clearly. 

3 minutes ago, Magger1 said:

Well I had sky sports on and they slagged us off terrible and even they said LJ has got a lot to do , why play Walsh or Kent neither are good enough.weve made shocking additions to the squad and the players need to take responsibility for only 2 wins in 11 s**t . We have thrown away the best chance any of these players will ever have of playing at least one season of their careers in the premiership, I don’t think any club would be slightly interested in any of them because there not consistent enough in their games ,these players need replacing next year with better performers,THEY ARE NOT WINNERS 

Sorry don't agree, the manager picks the team & sets out the tactics and he has been getting it horribly wrong ever since we beat QPR. If failing players, like Pato, are picked over and over again whilst others, like Eliasson are not given a look in, what message does that send out?  You can play cr@p but if you are in with me I will still pick you?

I really fear for next season under LJ, we could be as good as relegated by Xmas.

LJ explain himself? What about players, explains yourselves. Johnson carries that can for the tactics, starting 11 and subs, but when it comes to the 90 minutes on the pitch then it's over to the players and today they carry the can. They were all awful today - they should be the ones to explain that shambles.

7 minutes ago, daored said:

Millwall will batter us. We will crumble in the atmosphere at the Den. Middlesbrough are a much better side. It's over 

37 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

I’ll add one thing. Said to some mates at HT. LJ seems too nice. I imagine at HT he went in there calm and talked some tactics. Probably similar after the game. Just doesn’t feel like players are being held accountable. Same players taking the majority of minutes despute poor form for way too long of a stretch. Not good enough. I see a lack of passion from LJ and I have been seeing it from many players now too. 

Quite agree. Lacks the hard edge and ruthlessness.

I think the business model in place is good enough to get us into the PL in the next few years. However,  I do not think the current management system in place will do. I want to believe Johnson will be the man to do so. However, he's far too inconsistent. The football style is poor, the overall tactics are questionable, and the signings leave one scratching their head. We're not making as much progress as we should be with the amount of turnarounds we've had in the playing & coaching staff.

31 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

One wonders if there has been some kind of behind the scenes bust up for us to perform like that. There are poor performances but that was on another level. It looked as if they weren't even trying and have no idea how to play together as a team. Not helped by a ridiculous team selection and poor game management (why on earth didn't he change things at half time: what was he expecting to change?) With the playoff carrot dangling right in front of us, it's absolutely baffling and completely out of order. Do I trust LJ to turn things around? Maybe yes, but not soon enough to get those playoff spots I'm afraid. And then what's going to happen next year?

I wondered the same. One or two bad performances maybe but that was like none of them wanted to pass to each other. 

2 minutes ago, Red_Wizard said:

I think the business model in place is good enough to get us into the PL in the next few years. However,  I do not think the current management system in place will do. I want to believe Johnson will be the man to do so. However, he's far too inconsistent. The football style is poor, the overall tactics are questionable, and the signings leave one scratching their head. We're not making as much progress as we should be with the amount of turnarounds we've had in the playing & coaching staff.

A fair assessment. In most aspects I love the way the club is doing business. From recruitment, to the academy and working on facilities. We aren’t perfect but a good setup here now. LJ was a big part of that. That said, I am not so sure he can lead us to that next level. Doesn’t have the passion or the plan B. Have to have 1. Eddie Howe a great tactician who can make changes and adapt. Warnock a master motivator with an organised team. Johnson doesn’t have either of those traits and for me it makes a chaotic mess when things go wrong. 

Just now, JoeAman08 said:

A fair assessment. In most aspects I love the way the club is doing business. From recruitment, to the academy and working on facilities. We aren’t perfect but a good setup here now. LJ was a big part of that. That said, I am not so sure he can lead us to that next level. Doesn’t have the passion or the plan B. Have to have 1. Eddie Howe a great tactician who can make changes and adapt. Warnock a master motivator with an organised team. Johnson doesn’t have either of those traits and for me it makes a chaotic mess when things go wrong. 

Your last sentence is bang on. It's not just a case of a slight blip, the wheels come completely off, and he has shown he cannot turn it around in quick time. He can't seem to earn those traits like some you have mentioned.

1 minute ago, Bazooka Joe said:

Did he really just say that Wright and Kent "tried their socks off" !!?

If that was "tried their socks off",  god help us when they play worse than that.

....therein perhaps lies the problem, we need players to be pulling their f'ing socks up... no taking 'em off..

6 minutes ago, Bazooka Joe said:

If that was "tried their socks off",  god help us when they play worse than that.

Well many people just think they're just not that good, so where does this prove they WEREN'T trying?

8 minutes ago, Bazooka Joe said:

Why I think he is too nice though saying otherwise over the radio probably not a good thing. He should say I am livid with a few and they have already been told how I feel. 

Hell Joe Bryan personally knows how I feel after that. They don’t need a cuddle they need a rocket shoved up their ass. 

26 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

Millwall will batter us. We will crumble in the atmosphere at the Den. Middlesbrough are a much better side. It's over

Agreed. It's over. So no need to back on here next Saturday/this season, banging on about the same old same old? 

10 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Well many people just think they're just not that good, so where does this prove they WEREN'T trying?

Seen both of them playing a lot better, and putting in a lot more effort.

Need to try harder.

Unfortunately, the money's the same whether they play good or bad, try or don't try.

7 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Why I think he is too nice though saying otherwise over the radio probably not a good thing. He should say I am livid with a few and they have already been told how I feel. 

Hell Joe Bryan personally knows how I feel after that. They don’t need a cuddle they need a rocket shoved up their ass. 

He has to have been the most disappointing player in this run. He is capable of so much better than he is producing, and I'm sorry to say it seems largely through application. 

It's to the point that I could well believe his transfer out was done in January and he is now going through the motions until that move. He definitely comes across as a 'guy in his notice period'

'one of our own'... the way he is playing? Im really starting to think he isn't, rather he just won the postcode lottery to be a boy from Bristol. I would have played much worse than him today, but I would have tried immeasurably harder. Shame on him. 

40 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

I have said for some time that our. Recruitment -  I’d class as poor , very hit and miss at absolute best and I personally believe we’ve wasted a lot of money

Our ability to use or improve the players we’ve sheelled out on ?

Our mainstays are Pack / Flint / Smith / Bryan / Reid - none of whom are amongst the 30 or so signings

Just now, BobBobSuperBob said:

I have said for some time that our. Recruitment -  I’d class as poor , very hit and miss at absolute best and I personally believe we’ve wasted a lot of money

Our mainstays are Pack / Flint / Smith / Bryan / Reid - none of whom are amongst the 30 or so signings

Many articles on his transfer business. I don't but the PR from LJ or MA. Don't rate either. 

11 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I’d tend to agree but I’d also say in the summer when we have a plan I think we do better. When we are reacting in January to a situation we are really poor. O’Dowda, Pato, Brownhill, Diedhiou, Baker and Pisano I think are all successful signings from the summer. Whereas January you’d only class maybe Djuric and Wright as successes(good squad players in a good team imo). 

We should 100% play some of these players we have shelled out on. Agree with that and have said that over a period of time. Players like Eliasson, Walsh, moore and Engvall have been babied to a fault. Should have been used much more. Brentford played a 20 year old CB and he was class. Wasn’t a sure thing half a season ago but got a run in the team and I wouldn’t be surprised if they get 8 figures for him in the summer if he moves. 

Archived