IGNORED

SL Standing Ovation Yesterday

tinman85

Was surprising to see our owner clapping off the players yesterday. As we all exited the Lansdown Stand a number of people were examining 'what are you clapping steve?' Proves a point that LJ has the easiest job in football. I appreciate SL is trying to show some encouragement but I don't see how anyone can muster that level of applause for that woeful performance. Especially when it cost them their money!!!

1 minute ago, tinman85 said:

Was surprising to see our owner clapping off the players yesterday. As we all exited the Lansdown Stand a number of people were examining 'what are you clapping steve?' Proves a point that LJ has the easiest job in football. 

Perhaps he was just glad it was over :facepalm:

4 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

Was surprising to see our owner clapping off the players yesterday. As we all exited the Lansdown Stand a number of people were examining 'what are you clapping steve?' Proves a point that LJ has the easiest job in football. I appreciate SL is trying to show some encouragement but I don't see how anyone can muster that level of applause for that woeful performance. Especially when it cost them their money!!!

What a waste of one of his 90 days a year. And perhaps he wasn't clapping his hands but rubbing them together at the fact we won't go up and face spending proper money on proper footballers. 

43 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

Maybe. But if I had invested millions in that team I wouldn't be clapping. I'd be calling Johnson in 

I hope you win the Euro millions & put your money where your mouth is. 

I wouldn’t agree with your decisions, but at least you might stop posting the same, repetitive drivel on here, time & time & time & time again..! 

1 hour ago, tinman85 said:

Maybe. But if I had invested millions in that team I wouldn't be clapping. I'd be calling Johnson in 

How d'you know he hasn't or didn't?

53 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I hope you win the Euro millions & put your money where your mouth is. 

I wouldn’t agree with your decisions, but at least you might stop posting the same, repetitive drivel on here, time & time & time & time again..! 

I'd be a fantastic owner. Scott Davidson/Simon Jordan type. Ruthless. 

6 hours ago, tinman85 said:

Don’t you ever have anything better to do?

8 hours ago, tinman85 said:

What are you talking about? Why don’t you just think before you post....easiest job in football? Please justify this comment with fact before you post such moronic nonsense, I am sure you would have found it easy to come through last seasons poor run and turn it into a fantastic season this year. You have no clue as you’re posting history and feedback dictates whatsoever about how football is played or run. Look forward to hearing the comments around the easiest job in football.

12 hours ago, MC RISK77 said:

What are you talking about? Why don’t you just think before you post....easiest job in football? Please justify this comment with fact before you post such moronic nonsense, I am sure you would have found it easy to come through last seasons poor run and turn it into a fantastic season this year. You have no clue as you’re posting history and feedback dictates whatsoever about how football is played or run. Look forward to hearing the comments around the easiest job in football.

In terms of the demands made on him and job security it's probably fair to say LJ has the easiest job in football.

Just about any other manager in the League would have faced the sack immediately after that monstrous 5-0 debacle at PNE a year ago.

LJ knew full well he would not be dismissed....even if City, as then looked very likely, had gone on to be relegated.

That sort of job security, rightly or wrongly, is virtually unheard of in football, so it surely follows LJ has one of the easiest jobs in the game.

Perhaps easiest isn't quite the right word, but as far as LJ probably having the cushiest job in English football, well, it's hard to argue with that.

6 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

In terms of the demands made on him and job security it's probably fair to say LJ has the easiest job in football.

Just about any other manager in the League would have faced the sack immediately after that monstrous 5-0 debacle at PNE a year ago.

LJ knew full well he would not be dismissed....even if City, as then looked very likely, had gone on to be relegated.

That sort of job security, rightly or wrongly, is virtually unheard of in football, so it surely follows LJ has one of the easiest jobs in the game.

Perhaps easiest isn't quite the right word, but as far as LJ probably having the cushiest job in English football, well, it's hard to argue with that.

Paul Tisdale might contest that one. The supporters trust there were actively calling for him to be served his notice but he's still there.

4 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

Paul Tisdale might contest that one. The supporters trust there were actively calling for him to be served his notice but he's still there.

I was struggling to think of any manager with a cushier job position than LJ.

Didn't think of Tisdale  though who is a good shout, a real exception to the rule.

The point stands though, LJ has things easy compared with managers at almost any other club.

If SL made a point of standing up to applaud them all off, apparently determined to visibly show appreciation and support to players and manager alike after one of most inept City performances I've ever seen, them we truly are a cosy club heading nowhere.

12 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Chairman in ‘publicly supporting manager’ shocker. Hold the front page. 

As long as his private assessment of the performance with the coach was more forthright - an owner with ambition for his club, and empathy with the fans, could never be genuinely satisfied with what he saw on Monday.

And if he wasn't genuinely satisfied, what point would he be trying to make?

3 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

As long as his private assessment of the performance with the coach was more forthright - an owner with ambition for his club, and empathy with the fans, could never be genuinely satisfied with what he saw on Monday.

And if he wasn't genuinely satisfied, what point would he be trying to make?

I’m sure he was a long way from satisfied at the performance. But I also imagine his assessment on the performance of his staff and players is based on a lot more than just those 90 minutes. 

Serioualy, what did anyone expect him to do, boo and throw his programme in disgust? I imagine he reacts almost identically no matter what the outcome of each game. He’s an executive and figurehead of the club first and a supporter second and he will behave accordingly in public view.

There was also a degree of respect that Brentford and their staff deserved which it’s his place to observe. 

On 04/04/2018 at 10:56, Nogbad the Bad said:

I was struggling to think of any manager with a cushier job position than LJ.

Didn't think of Tisdale  though who is a good shout, a real exception to the rule.

The point stands though, LJ has things easy compared with managers at almost any other club.

Thank you. My sentiments exactly. The guy is under no pressure. Not from owners or fans. He could lose every game 3.0 to end of the season and be given a new deal. Is here no matter what. I would say under less pressure than Tisdale and Wenger. Easiest job. 

Archived