IGNORED

The Millwall FC v Bristol City FC Match Day Thread 41

Septic Peg

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

What I will say is we are back to LJ management which seems to be spin the wheel on a Friday to come up with Saturday’s “system” and numerous personnel changes on a regular basis.

Players returning after injuries seems to have done us no favours at all!!

LJ does better when he has limited options as it stops him from dicking about too much.

8 minutes ago, BS3_RED said:

Does everyone remember before xmas when Lee was being touted as the next big thing.....?

The longer this goes on the more I just think it was a good run/purple patch, nothing more nothing less and we are now back to LJ football. 

LJ has won more games than he’s lost at this club. So what do you define as “LJ football”?

27 minutes ago, man in the middle said:

Our team selection is very consistent when we’re on a good run too.

Consistent when there was very restricted choice.

Chicken and egg, but consistent selections and formations do seem to play a part in good runs.

Hopefully the burn out Millwall's players can expect to suffer from such constant selection will start to show itself over the next 45 minutes.

17 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Another totally abject 45 minutes in mainly 4 months of abject football.

Bottom line they want it far more.

The defending for the goal was shocking.

We have had 2 free kicks in and around their box, both of which Bryan took both of which hit the wall the 2nd was a ******* 1 man wall FFS. WTF do we do on the training field regarding free kicks? absolutely useless for all but one all season.

It’s now a game and a half without a single shot on target and only another 2 both woefully and weakly off target.

At least Paterson has plenty of company for his mediocrity today but yet again he has been poor.

The only truly good parts, take a bow Mr O’Dowda god how we’ve missed you and the referee has been very good.

In short that was shit.

Re : Free kicks (and corners)  

Not sure what they do in training either but I’m slamming it firmly into the ‘It’s coz Bryan is effing sheite’ camp. 

1 minute ago, The Original OTIB said:

It would help if Bryan was in midfield rather than at the back. We need that drive.

Agreed, he's much more effective further up, but LJ has decided he is potentially a top class left back so I doubt we'll see him there.

2 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

LJ has won more games than he’s lost at this club. So what do you define as “LJ football”?

Inconsistent results and performances with more tinkering than claudio ranieri could handle in a wet dream as well as some very poor entertainment  value in a  some games.

Archived