IGNORED

The Millwall FC v Bristol City FC Match Day Thread 41

Septic Peg

2 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Simply put - LJ cannot deal with pressure. Everywhere he’s been, the staggering way that we can’t seem to just lose 1 or 2 games then pick up points again, but the loses fall like dominos. 

You can tell he’s flapping massively - again. Completely changed the team, Eliasson not deemed good enough for the bench Monday, now gets minutes. Kent & Walsh banished. Paterson still loved and played even though he’s done nothing for 4 months. Now seemingly doesn’t have a place for our club captain now either. 

Reid shifted back into CM, when he’s our best striker. Diedhiou & Djuric on the pitch at the same time will never work either. 

Genuinely cant see where this run ends, Birmingham is going to be very tough. 

I honestly can't see LJ getting a win from any of the games left, the plot has been lost since Christmas and there is no sign of it getting better, in fact it's getting worse , as they can't even get a shot on target now. I think they will finish around 10th or even 12th. What a wasted season!

38 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Because the stadium is too small to make big money in The Prem?  Remember this is the second choice stadium.  The plan was Ashton Vale acting also as an international venue for football and rugby.  Bristol Sport cutting their cloth accordingly, perhaps.

Steve Lansdown said that in the initial planning stage for redeveloping the ground he considered a new Atyeo end that would have raised the capacity to 35k. This was discounted due to the cost of buying the houses and he felt it wasn’t necessary, as income would increase by approx £100m in the Premier League even with a 27k capacity ground 

4 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Try talking some sense then man.

Nobody is supporting your point of view.

Bottom line we have been shit for over 3 months and apart from Paterson, LJ has been our worst performer.

Well wrong, just that the anti City lot shout louder and are more abusive.  I had at least 7 likes Ha! But to post anything sensible or supportive is asking for a good kicking...but that's fine, because common sense will always out, ask Steve L.

Sorry but the LJ out brigade are having a field day, I am very much on the side of keeping a cool head and not throwing the baby out with the bath water just yet. I don't believe you can become a bad footballer or coach in such a short time.  

1 minute ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Seriously regretting renewing our season tickets. I need some time away from city I've stopped giving a shit anymore.

You will have plenty of time away in the closed season,  then you can watch the fight against relegation. Sorry,  but I feel that while LJ is still in charge,  this will repeat itself again and again.

20 minutes ago, AberRed said:

We've been extremely lucky with other results going our way in the last few weeks.

Let's be honest, it's astonishing we've stayed in contention this long.

After Cardiff lost last night, and when Villa and Sheff U lost earlier today, I bet Mark Ashton was sh**ting himself at the remote prospect of us still making the play-offs.

But after this latest fiasco he will sleep well tonight, with his head resting on his comfortable pillars (sic), dreaming about us "customers".

7 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

You got a lot to say for one whose way past it 

Havnt ya 

Past what? Are you alluding to the fact that I might be a bit older than you? 

Desperate if you are what on Earth does that have to do with anything... you accused me of being a Swindon Troll (childish I know) now you are having a pop at my age, you really are a job lot of stupidity. :facepalm:

1 minute ago, 1bristolcity said:

Well wrong, just that the anti City lot shout louder and are more abusive.  I had at least 7 likes Ha! But to post anything sensible or supportive is asking for a good kicking...but that's fine, because common sense will always out, ask Steve L.

Sorry but the LJ out brigade are having a field day, I am very much on the side of keeping a cool head and not throwing the baby out with the bath water just yet. I don't believe you can become a bad footballer or coach in such a short time.  

:whistle:

:laughcont:

The Irony of this is so priceless it makes me chuckle

The poster who’s been firing insults from the hip for the last hour including your usual of calling all And anyone who doesn’t fall in with your bizarre ramblings as a Gashead

Brilliant

:clap:

4 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

"anti City"? 

You do look rather silly. 

1 minute ago, 1bristolcity said:

Sorry, but LJ has a record of it,  boom and bust,  boom and bust.  First half of the season was boom,  the second half bust. Even good coaches have bad runs,  but LJ has really bad runs and doesn't know how to get out of them and it happens again and again.

Would be amazed if anyone on here could guess the side he puts out Tuesday, as I'm sure as hell I wont have a clue.

The only certain thing is Bryan will start at left back and Patterson will play. I think that's the law.:blink:

Not that it really matters now. Seeing as we can't get a shot on target for love or money, how about we give this Diony bloke a start at home before we send him back.  I know,i know he's shite. Oh and try that Eliasson  fella, don't know where he's been all season but he can take a corner. You never know he might be able to take a free kick, sure as hell no one else in the side seems capable.

1 minute ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Sorry, but LJ has a record of it,  boom and bust,  boom and bust.  First half of the season was boom,  the second half bust. Even good coaches have bad runs,  but LJ has really bad runs and doesn't know how to get out of them and it happens again and again.

Thankfully for our pensions and investments, SL doesn't advocate the same record from his staff at Hargreaves Lansdown. 

Just now, stephenkibby. said:

Would be amazed if anyone on here could guess the side he puts out Tuesday, as I'm sure as hell I wont have a clue.

The only certain thing is Bryan will start at left back and Patterson will play. I think that's the law.:blink:

Not that it really matters now. Seeing as we can't get a shot on target for love or money, how about we give this Diony bloke a start at home before we send him back.  I know,i know he's shite. Oh and try that Eliasson  fella, don't know where he's been all season but he can take a corner. You never know he might be able to take a free kick, sure as hell no one else in the side seems capable.

He might as well try something new, if only to prepare for next season. 

56 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

Is it?

How come he didn’t invest in Jan then?

Because they clearly have a plan to buy young up coming players. 

You said he doesn't want to spend money if we made the Prem? He has spent a hell of a lot of money already - that isn't the issue. 

18 minutes ago, Der no.2 said:

Quote from BBC Sport app:

For the second consecutive fixture, Lee Johnson's out-of-sorts Bristol City failed to manage a single attempt on target, having similarly failed to test the keeper in Monday's home loss to Brentford”

Meanwhile G McG in the Post goes with headline '10th consecutive away defeat'. Even a goldfish can remember we drew 2-2 in our last game surely? How has that joker got a job as a reporter?

2 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

He might as well try something new, if only to prepare for next season. 

Not much sure there’s much point

We will have another 10 signings by August

Poster on here earlier said he’s ‘still building his squad’ !!!!!!  

:facepalm:

( Phase 3.2 )

Archived