IGNORED

The Millwall FC v Bristol City FC Match Day Thread 41

Septic Peg

Heard an interview with LJ earlier in the week where he said that, following the poor performance on Easter Monday, he was now going to go with the players he trusts. Hence this line up I guess. He said similar after the Preston thrashing towards the end of last season - and that worked well. Fingers crossed this works just as well. 

1 minute ago, eardun said:

Heard an interview with LJ earlier in the week where he said that, following the poor performance on Easter Monday, he was now going to go with the players he trusts. Hence this line up I guess. He said similar after the Preston thrashing towards the end of last season - and that worked well. Fingers crossed this works just as well. 

Well why has he been playing players he doesn't trust to do the job right then?

29 minutes ago, Maggersno1Fan said:

#BristolCity v Millwall: Fielding, Pisano, Flint, Baker, Bryan, Paterson, Smith, Pack, Brownhill, O'Dowda, Reid. Subs: Steele, Kelly, Wright, Eliasson, O'Neil, Djuric, Diédhiou. #MILvBRC

if ever there was proof Johnson reads this forum 

Well Lee, thanks for taking my advice old chap.

Hope it pays off.

Just now, ZiderEyed said:

Fielding, Pisano, Flint, Baker, Bryan, Paterson, Smith, Pack, Brownhill, O'Dowda, Reid. Subs: Steele, Kelly, Wright, Eliasson, O'Neil, Djuric, Diédhiou.

So looking at that he doesn’t trust Walsh who played few matches, Diedhiou Kent& Wright the capt 

think it just a case of bullshit baffles 

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

Be surprised if O'Dowda is like how he was before injury, having only just come back. I would have preferred Kelly in, with O'Dowda coming off bench. I am more positive than I was though. I would play Diedhiou in a 4-3-3/4-1-4-1, but am at least more positive that Johnson is changing our usual 4-4-2 that would surely have seen us lose again.

Just do a fao Lee Johnson thread & put that in there

Personally disappointed Dieudhiou isn't starting. His control isn't the best, his passing not much better, but he's one of the two best goalscorers we've got by a distance. We can create more with this midfield/attack, but who's going to finish the chances off? We're playing three players capable of putting a decent cross in, plus two full-backs, but haven't got a striker to win the challenge in the box (from free-play). He may have his critics on here, but he starts for me.

15 minutes ago, eardun said:

13 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

12 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Agree, just words in an interview.

11 minutes ago, Maggersno1Fan said:

Fielding, Pisano, Flint, Baker, Bryan, Paterson, Smith, Pack, Brownhill, O'Dowda, Reid. Subs: Steele, Kelly, Wright, Eliasson, O'Neil, Djuric, Diédhiou.

So looking at that he doesn’t trust Walsh who played few matches, Diedhiou Kent& Wright the capt 

think it just a case of bullshit baffles 

I am pretty sure if he came out and said that this is the team that the majority of the OTIB forum would pick, there would be uproar then too. Clearly he can't open his mouth without people ripping into everything he says, but I am sure if he refused to give interviews that would be misconstrued too.

5 minutes ago, EnclosureSurge said:

Personally disappointed Dieudhiou isn't starting. His control isn't the best, his passing not much better, but he's one of the two best goalscorers we've got by a distance. We can create more with this midfield/attack, but who's going to finish the chances off? We're playing three players capable of putting a decent cross in, plus two full-backs, but haven't got a striker to win the challenge in the box (from free-play). He may have his critics on here, but he starts for me.

Completely agree. 

Having O'Dowda back, and therefore hopefully getting the ball in the box a bit more, you need someone who will attack the ball. With Djuric presumably considered not fit enough to start then Diedhiou is absolutely the man for that.

4 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I am pretty sure if he came out and said that this is the team that the majority of the OTIB forum would pick, there would be uproar then too. Clearly he can't open his mouth without people ripping into everything he says, but I am sure if he refused to give interviews that would be misconstrued too.

The whole I can’t trust certain players, he bought them in, he is the head coach, he stood on the touch line & gets them for 15 minutes at half time.

its bad management, if they are not doing as instructed then you manage them or get the senior players to manage them.

Just now, Davefevs said:

Could have Pato and COD wide with a central 3 inc Josh?

That's still not in the middle, Fevs! He'd be on the right of the middle 3, effectively an inside-right. Smith would be ping! middle of the central 3, or maybe Pack, but not Brownhill. Whichever way we play this, Brownhill's not in the middle, ironically his best position for me.

8 minutes ago, EnclosureSurge said:

we all see it different. Some of our best 'footballing' performances were with Pato as attacking CM role behind BR. All before xmas. Dieudhiou has won me over to some degree, but lets hope today the 'mojo' returns.  The most potential ever expensive signing for us not even made the bench. (unless I have missed something here)  Writing on the wall and all but sealed. He will not be coming ! 

2 hours ago, Redstart said:

The results in this league never fail to surprise - so fully expecting City to lose - I'm gonna say we will nick a win - I'd be happy with a point though to be honest

COYR

Make your mind up.

1 hour ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

Having a tattoo done today so I'm relying on all you lot for keeping me entertained and updates. 

In case I'm off line when we score "get the f in there" 

If they score "big dogs bollocks 

Save your money and your health.. Tattoos are carcinogenoc. You wait and see.

Archived