IGNORED

The Millwall FC v Bristol City FC Match Day Thread 41

Septic Peg

Blimey, the team that most City fans would pick. Funny that.

Well, let's hope for a good performance and hopefully 3 points.

If that happens does it mean we know better than our management team?

After all, us fans in the stands all generally see the same thing and agree on it.

3 minutes ago, freezer said:

After all, us fans in the stands all generally see the same thing and agree on it.

It does seem that if it spelt out on here then the next week it changed :laugh:

6 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Great to see O'Dowda back but going into a battle with the flouncing Paterson IMO is a huge mistake, I just don't get it, how bad has he got to play to be dropped?

Can understand what you say EMB and for this particular game , if all were in form  I may have played BW and FD for a bit more physicality , But BW is struggling atm and prefer Bobby as the pinnacle - so a decisive selection for me,

Lets hope it’s the righ5 game to have done it !

COYR

5 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Great to see O'Dowda back but going into a battle with the flouncing Paterson IMO is a huge mistake, I just don't get it, how bad has he got to play to be dropped?

I think he offers a lot more centrally so hopefully he'll be back to his best today.  

Just now, BobBobSuperBob said:

Can understand what you say EMB and for this particular game , form aside I may have played BW and FD for a bit more physicality , But BW is struggling atm and prefer Bobby as the pinnacle - so a decisive selection for me,

Lets hope it’s the righ5 game to have done it !

COYR

I'm sorry Paterson has been poor for nigh on 4 months, I remember an assist and one half decent cross during that period, apart from that he has been consistently awful.

7 minutes ago, freezer said:

If, by chance , it doesn't, may I be the first to say " OTIB out "  ?

:protest:

1 minute ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

I'm sorry Paterson has been poor for nigh on 4 months, I remember an assist and one half decent cross during that period, apart from that he has been consistently awful.

Perhaps because Fammy has been playing at 10 and not Pato. He was defo at his best in Dec time playing in that role 

2 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Just goes to show how poor our three January signings were.  Not one of them even on the bench

No I don't think so. I think it's a time for experience though. I do wonder whether Johnson's selection on Monday was an indication that he gives this game far more prominence. It clearly backfired in that he thought we would still get a result, but we do have a fresher looking midfield for today. Playing 4-5-1 means that with Diedhou on the bench he has better striking options than before. I wouldn't imagine O'Dowda giving us more than an hour though. 

4 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Can’t disagree at all EMB in numerous scenarios I’d have left him out

Its the best selection give or 5ake , to try and get us back to our Pre Xmas methods which you can understand , and after last weeks debacle I have to endorse personally

Its tried n trusted time I think with LJ hoping Patterson will find some form along with a few others

Guess you / some would have played .? Diedhiou ?

Walsh is on the Magic Roundabout - Picked - Bench - Wilderness - Picked - Wilderness !!!!

So to put it simply....no excuses today.  99% of us would pick at least 10 of this 11, if not the whole 11.  LJ has done what we wanted.

Over to the players and coaches.

As for OTIB, no posts of "he got the selection wrong", ‘he set us up wrong".  Time to stop being fickle and "captain hindsight" (not aimed at you @Captain Hindsight).

11 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Hopefully with Paterson playing as CAM like he did earlier in the season behind Reid we will see a better performance. 

1 minute ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

I agree entirely. Pato flatters to deceive.

Defence and midfield looks solid enough but lightweight up top. 

Surprised to Famara on the bench. Good to see CoD back in the starting 11. Doubt he'll last a full game tho.

I didn't feel we had any chance of winning, but after seeing the team selection,  I feel a bit more hopeful of at least a draw.  Can't see O'D lasting for 90 minutes though, lets hope we are in front when he has to come off and LJ makes the right sub.  My RB link has the egg chasers on atm. Tigers v Bath,  I hope it changes before the City KO.  COYR's

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

So to put it simply....no excuses today.  99% of us would pick at least 10 of this 11, if not the whole 11.  LJ has done what we wanted.

Over to the players and coaches.

As for OTIB, no posts of "he got the selection wrong", ‘he set us up wrong".  Time to stop being fickle and "captain hindsight" (not aimed at you @Captain Hindsight).

You can't expect a miracle though. We are not suddenly hitting topform after a period of debacles just because the right team suddenly is picked 

Archived