IGNORED

Vyner - positive news!

ollywhyte

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

That's not the first rave review Vyner has had. Seems he's developing along well. The loan at Argyle certainly didn't do Reid and Bryn any harm. Both first team regulars now.

Living in Plymouth I've been to watch him a couple times. He's bossing it, so composed on the ball, never looks flustered. In one game I watched him keep Danny Graham in his back pocket without breaking sweat.

Potential star on our hands 100%. Certainly a centre half as well.

22 minutes ago, ollywhyte said:

Living in Plymouth I've been to watch him a couple times. He's bossing it, so composed on the ball, never looks flustered. In one game I watched him keep Danny Graham in his back pocket without breaking sweat.

Potential star on our hands 100%. Certainly a centre half as well.

I  know a few of there fans have backed them at 200/1 for promotion. Iv got them at 50s looking now like a fair chance of making the play offs. If you go on Pasoti there maybe some who have better odds.

They have loved Zak down there since his debut and quite a few comments that he can go beyond Bristol City.

Sorry ZirerEyed the boy has the potential to go beyond Flint or Baker. will he?

18 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Vyner and Kelly long term centre back partnership please! 

It's a possibility for sure.

Both young guys and certainly more mobile that Flint although probably not such a goal threat from set plays.

Add to those two the possibly of Taylor Moore having developed as much at Whaddon Rd and City could end up with three young guys in the back 4. 

Early evidence that the policy of developing young players is beginning to pay off.

44 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

Good news. When I watched him play I thought he looked a bit flat footed and slow on the turn. He must have been having an off game. 

He is obviously improving a lot at Plymouth. Fair shout.

I see your point CM but when I saw him play against West Brom (?) a couple of seasons ago he seemed pretty raw but looked a proper athlete and thought then if he can add experience and confidence he could be quality, even though he played RB which both himself and LJ has said isn't his preferred position.  Since then he hasn't made a dent on the first team. Thats probably down to the form of Flint, Baker and Wright but you have to give the potential a chance to grow or it will stagnate. This may explain why the club were open to offers for Flint in pre-season? I don't know, but we could do a lot worse than giving him and Kelly a decent run to make them better no matter if they do **** up from time to time.

It's a cliche but you learn more from mistakes then from anything else and sometimes you have to look at the bigger picture and take short term pain for long term gain.

I hope our loan deal with Plymouth means he stays with them for the playoffs and doesn`t finish at the end of the regular season. The experience of them, win or lose, will be invaluable to Zac.

Plymouth fans I know are raving about him - it`s reminding me a lot of what we were saying about Stephen Caulker way back when.

19 minutes ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

3 at the back next season. Baker in the middle, Kelly and Vyner either side. Flint can go for £7m+. O’Dowda LM. Pack and Smith CM. Brownhill RM. Sell Bryan for £12m +. If Villa go up get Lansbury in CAM or that Dowell from Everton on loan. Reid and Diedhiou up top. Hand us the title now boys 

You started well with your reconstruction of the back four. 

So why not continue in the midfield, a midfield that even in a winning side before Christmas, seems unable to thread passes to strikers let alone never scoring goals. 

I have a feeling that Joe Morrell could also be knocking on the door. 

16 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

So why not continue in the midfield, a midfield that even in a winning side before Christmas, seems unable to thread passes to strikers let alone never scoring goals. 

Smith and Pack gone for a combined £10m Morrell and Bakinson CM. Not spending money on a CAM. Holden can slot in, or even Andrews. McGoalsky up top with Diedhiou and ship off Reid for £15m+ 

We’d be raking the money in we could build a new stadium for our youth team. 

I really like him, think he will be a good player but it is League One where three of the top four were relegated last year.

As for this myth that the spell at Plymouth improved Reid, they played him at the base of their midfield.

The positional switch and his own strength work improved Bobby, not Plymouth.

2 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

I think Morrell is a star in the making, good passer, aggressive and an eye for goal. A shoe in for first team squad next season. Also Bakinson has really impressed in U23s and very close to first team squad

Just need the coaching team and LJ to have the bottle to play them. We shouldn’t be bringing in loans who hardly play and have no emotional ties to the club, we should be playing our young players. At least they would show some passion!

I’ve said plenty of times on here in the last few weeks that we should make LJ work with with a smaller first team squad, getting rid of the dead wood and let the youngsters such as Vyner, Moore, Kelly, Morrell, etc be given the carrot to force their way in, or provide backup. They’ve had their men’s football, prove you’re worth a contract at Championship level. No need for further loans for these boys. If they haven’t learned the rough and tumble from League 2 then they won’t cope in the Champ. 

22 hours ago, Spoons said:

Vyner and Kelly long term centre back partnership please! 

I know he has mostly been a CB in the academy but I see a brilliantly natural left back in Kelly. I’d much rather he breaks through in that position. 

I want, nay demand, that Kelly be our first choice left back next season. 

12 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Him, Kelly and Moore will suit our passing game. Currently flint, baker and wright are not the best on the ball. Flint's passing is actually not bad, but no way is he a player that can bring the ball out like those Fulham defenders and that one absolute class Brentford defender last week. I really hope Vyner gets game time next season, but can only see it happening if flint goes. Kelly will be a centre half, but should be a left back until he fills out more. Moore has had mixed reviews at Cheltenham. Is that because he is not a right back I wonder? Really hope he can kick on, but may well need another loan for a season in league 2. 

I think Moore started off playing CB at Cheltenham, wasn’t going well. Gary played him DM a couple times and he was no good there so he finally thought try him at RB with the remit that if he didn’t impress there it was last chance saloon. 

He started doing ok, then he worked on his physique and strength and he’s played at CB again where he’s started doing alright. 

Hopefully there’s a player in there somewhere but he’s got a lot to learn still I think. 

38 minutes ago, Enter Sandman said:

I know he has mostly been a CB in the academy but I see a brilliantly natural left back in Kelly. I’d much rather he breaks through in that position. 

I want, nay demand, that Kelly be our first choice left back next season. 

He's a left sided center half, why play him out of position?

9 minutes ago, Enter Sandman said:

I disagree. Yes, he’s “been” a left sided centre half, but I truly believe there is a fantastic left back in him. That’s where his future should lie. 

Having spoke to him personally at my kids bcfc football camp he would disagree!

He would play anywhere to get in the team but he wants to play centre back. LJ will play him there as well, only a cameo but he came on in that role for bailey Wright against Brentford.

9 hours ago, Spoons said:

Having spoke to him personally at my kids bcfc football camp he would disagree!

He would play anywhere to get in the team but he wants to play centre back. LJ will play him there as well, only a cameo but he came on in that role for bailey Wright against Brentford.

Again, that might be where he wants to play and has previously played but there is a truly great left back in there and I believe that will be his best position. 

23 hours ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

3 at the back next season. Baker in the middle, Kelly and Vyner either side. Flint can go for £7m+. O’Dowda LM. Pack and Smith CM. Brownhill RM. Sell Bryan for £12m +. If Villa go up get Lansbury in CAM or that Dowell from Everton on loan. Reid and Diedhiou up top. Hand us the title now boys 

Like your idea for the back 3. COD has potential to make a good LWB, so does Pisano at RWB.

Brownhill is a CM in my eyes, and must play there more next season. We desperately need to recruit a right footed, right midfielder in the summer for the option when having a 4 in midfield. A Scott Murray type who isn’t afraid to hug the touchline, beat a man, and deliver a cross without the need for cutting back inside. We’re too heavy on the left footed wingers in the squad at the moment.

Lansbury shout is a good one. 

Can you see Bournemouth wanting to move Afobe on in the Summer? If Reid went, I’d like to see us have a go for someone like that. I’m not sure if Wolves will be interested, as he’s not really done it in the Prem as yet. Would be strong competition though.

Another potential Reid replacement would be Jarrod Bowen at Hull. Him and Diedhiou up top would work well IMO. Would take probably 8-10 million to sign him though. 

Also worth monitoring the Hugill situation at West Ham. Does he get any minutes for them at all? Could be a useful loan move, if he doesn’t appear to be in their plans come August. 

Archived